• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Who agrees that the vote system is too easily abused, and should be changed to avoid abuse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Tbh, I'm shocked that even people are taking this kid seriously on the forums, when they clearly stated that they wouldn't.

Now, what we have here is a kid who's obviously frustrated, because apparently people "hate his voice". Now if you ask me, I think it's discrimination. Makes me feel kinda bad that the TF2 community could be a bit lower than the COD fanbase. Since, yanno, kids make up the majority of the community there and that if TF2 isn't tolerant towards mature kids who just have a high pitched voice, OR could be mistaken for a female. Sheesh.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Well, no, a high voice such as that shown by someone whose voice has not broken is EXTREMELY jarring and annoying over the mic. If you say "client mute him" then why does votemute even exist?

Of course, if they only occasionally speak it's not a problem. When they start screaming into the mic or constantly speaking it's definitely a problem.

Permittedcourage

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Aaaaaand this is why 12-year-olds shouldn't be playing an M-rated game.

It's not a real big deal , Untill they start Mic-Spamming and complaining about the fact that they are wrong, and can't accept the fact that the rest of the people don't want it, And don't want to argue about a simple thing that can be solved by acting total mature to each-other, Since this is not the case i am going to give you an agree right now.
Note: Also Being a jackass and being hostile to people who are trying to help isn't going to return in much of a favor.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
tl dr;

There is no point having votebans on the servers, even at 90%+ it's useless. People can get banned who don't break the rules and people who do escape with 30 mins while they could get more if they were reported instead.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Tbh, I'm shocked that even people are taking this kid seriously on the forums, when they clearly stated that they wouldn't.

Now, what we have here is a kid who's obviously frustrated, because apparently people "hate his voice". Now if you ask me, I think it's discrimination. Makes me feel kinda bad that the TF2 community could be a bit lower than the COD fanbase. Since, yanno, kids make up the majority of the community there and that if TF2 isn't tolerant towards mature kids who just have a high pitched voice, OR could be mistaken for a female. Sheesh.

You clearly haven't read this thread.

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
There is a guy rating all my posts "dumb" (the folder). I thought this was against the rules? (spam). I honestly dont care, but just so you know.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
There is a guy rating all my posts "dumb" (the folder). I thought this was against the rules? (spam). I honestly dont care, but just so you know.

03-cool-story-bro.jpg

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
Does anyone else find it funny that so many people have started posting on this thread? I said I left it, but it is funny to watch the people go on and on about a 12 year old (me), who wasn't talking for more than a minute (though he was yelling a little) and got muted. How about we get this thread closed and let this whole thing just stop. I started over, so to me, this is new. Most of these people probably weren't there as it happened. Like I said, I started over, yet I am still being attacked and defended (thank you for those who care though) by people who seem to hate me now :( . Just please stop posting. I dont even know if I can stop the thread, so can someone get an admin or someone who can close threads? My ban is over in about 4 hours, so I can just start over. If I am muted again, then fuck it. Hormones can sure be a bitch. (excuse my language, I dont like to curse:D)

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Does anyone else find it funny that so many people have started posting on this thread? I said I left it, but it is funny to watch the people go on and on about a 12 year old (me), who wasn't talking for more than a minute (though he was yelling a little) and got muted. How about we get this thread closed and let this whole thing just stop. I started over, so to me, this is new. Most of these people probably weren't there as it happened. Like I said, I started over, yet I am still being attacked and defended (thank you for those who care though) by people who seem to hate me now :( . Just please stop posting. I dont even know if I can stop the thread, so can someone get an admin or someone who can close threads? My ban is over in about 4 hours, so I can just start over. If I am muted again, then fuck it. Hormones can sure be a bitch. (excuse my language, I dont like to curse:D)

This is why things aren't currently working out for you here...nobody likes a martyr, stop trying to act like one. If you really are going to let shit die how about you simply apologize, stop pretending that you are getting e-bullied, and move on? I don't have any adverse feelings about you, infact I probably couldn't care much less if you played, or didn't play - you deserved the mute, and from doing what you did after, you deserved the ban...once you've served out the ban and stop making nonsensical posts on the forums I assure you I will probably forget you exist.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I used to be like you. You want to stop getting flamed? Right, two things: Stop using the mic. Use it only when you're required to. The other thing is to be able to look at yourself and critizise yourself. This will give you a bigger perspective of not only yours, but others arguments.

For now though you look like a fool and if you follow my advice you should feel like one.

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
This is why things aren't currently working out for you here...nobody likes a martyr, stop trying to act like one. If you really are going to let shit die how about you simply apologize, stop pretending that you are getting e-bullied, and move on? I don't have any adverse feelings about you, infact I probably couldn't care much less if you played, or didn't play - you deserved the mute, and from doing what you did after, you deserved the ban...once you've served out the ban and stop making nonsensical posts on the forums I assure you I will probably forget you exist.
... I already apologized with my other thread (Start over with a clean slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.