• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Who agrees that the vote system is too easily abused, and should be changed to avoid abuse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
I was playing on a 2fort server (Chicago 1+ [32 players]). I started talking on the mic and wasn't really being annoying at all. Then a player (name being "Khalessi") decided to vote mute me because he didn't like the sound of my voice. Then a little more than 50% (55% to be exact) of people said yes to the vote. I was outraged at this injustice as he could have client muted me so he didn't have to hear my voice. But he voted to mute me altogether so i couldn't even use the text to talk to people. He basically griefed me (not to be annoying but he simply took advantage of the voting system). He abused the system and this "democracy" system is too easily taken advantage of. This is an affront to all I have worked for to make my voice sound deeper so i didn't get muted. I then tried to vote ban him for vote griefing. And he said (and I quote) "How am I griefing?". This then reminded me of another case when on a dustbowl server, the same person, (Khalessi) vote muted me with success because he didn't like my voice. I tried to report him and yes, I was outraged, so i typed it in all caps. 2 people supported me, but to no avail. I couldn't report him. I tried 1 more time, and the same 2 people supported me, still without success. Then people began to taunt and make fun of me because I was trying to report someone. Then someone else tried to report me for "abusing report because he was muted. saying it was injust" and exactly 3 people supported him, so i was reported. I was then banned about 30 minutes later and checked the sourcebans for this website. Here is what the text said.
Player 1kshards
Steam ID STEAM_0:1:43063270
Steam Community 76561198046392269
IP address
us.gif
Invoked on 06-08-12 16:40
Banlength 1 d
Expires on 06-09-12 16:40
Reason "abusing voteban system, micspam" - extaa
Banned by Admin Ruelel
Banned from Web Ban
Total Bans No previous bans
Blocked (2) 1kshards, 1kshards

I did not micspam, nor did i abuse the voteban system as my vote was just and righteous. I can wait out the 1 day ban, but I just feel that Skial should know about all of these people who decided to abuse the vote system themselves. And because there were no demos, there should be no reason to ban me unless they have proof that everything that happened on that server should have led to a ban. I am very outraged at this, and I hope this can be resolved. Otherwise, I will not play on Skial servers anymore and i shall see to it that an Anti-Skial group be created (not really, but that is how I feel right now). :ohno:

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
Btw, I really mean I don't intend on the anti-skial group. I just feel really hurt by the injustice that has been done today.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Votemute should really require 60% of people to say yes, and a disclaimer about client muting people. Can't speak for you, it's just a mute, don't get THAT angry over it. But really, reporting someone twice isn't really abusing voteban. I'm checking the stats right now and will edit in.

Edit: http://www.skial.com/threads/1kshar...muted-saying-it-was-injust.18599/#post-195142

Antamania is reliable. Don't scream into the mic, whatever age you are. Wait out the ban and don't do this again.

Reactions: Mewkin and Cylosis

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Your maturity in attempting to "fight" this ban, by threatening the general group with an anti-skial group, and never playing here again really helps prove that you were unjustly muted. (Hint: I'm being sarcastic.)

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Bullshit was cut
Oh bitch, please.
Weren't you the one that got votemuted yesterday by me (I initiated the vote) and then you tried to report me for "votemenu abuse" but your report failed since all players declined it?
You are so fucking annoying over the mic that you should be permanently muted on the server side.
So stop freaking complaining, get "Socializing 101" class and grow some balls.

HINT FOR YOU, dumbass: if you keep being muted every single day, doesn't it bring some lights to your head? Don't you think you have to change your attitude, fucktard?

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
Your maturity in attempting to "fight" this ban, by threatening the general group with an anti-skial group, and never playing here again really helps prove that you were unjustly muted. (Hint: I'm being sarcastic.)
First of all, did you really read everything i wrote? I did not threaten the group. I said that I was really hurt by this ban, and that thought came up in my head. I even said I wasn't going to do that. Learn to read, jackass.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
First of all, did you really read everything i wrote? I did not threaten the group. I said that I was really hurt by this ban, and that thought came up in my head. I even said I wasn't going to do that. Learn to read, jackass.
^^^^ I'd suggest the ban's extension to 1 week.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor

I read quite fine, it's just all I had to read in your post was drivel.

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
Oh bitch, please.
Weren't you the one that got votemuted yesterday by me (I initiated the vote) and then you tried to report me for "votemenu abuse" but your report failed since all players declined it?
You are so fucking annoying over the mic that you should be permanently muted on the server side.
So stop freaking complaining, get "Socializing 101" class and grow some balls.

HINT FOR YOU, dumbass: if you keep being muted every single day, doesn't it bring some lights to your head? Don't you think you have to change your attitude, fucktard?
hmm... constant name calling. I will return the favor. You are a fucktard who VOTE MUTES PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THEIR VOICE WHEN CAN CLIENT MUTE THEM YOURSELF YOU FUCKING DUMBASS. GROW SOME BALLS? HOW ABOUT YOU? TAKE IT UP WITH THE PERSON BEFORE MUTING THEM AND MAYBE THINGS CAN BE RESOLVED WITHOUT SUCH THINGS EVER HAPPENING. I AM NOT MUTED EVERYDAY. THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE FINE WITH MY VOICE. IT'S JUST THOSE WHO AREN'T WHO REALLY TURN OUT BE BE JACKASSES. YOU NEED TO LEARN SOMETHING CALLED TOLERANCE. IN FACT, IF I HAD A NICKEL FOR EVERY TIME I WAS VOTE MUTED, I WOULD HAVE 20 CENTS. YOU THINK I AM ANNOYING? TRY CLIENT MUTING. Now that is off my chest, and I can say this. Calling me a female dog doesn't prove anything.

basiate

Positively Inhumane Poster
hmm... constant name calling. I will return the favor. You are a fucktard who VOTE MUTES PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THEIR VOICE WHEN CAN CLIENT MUTE THEM YOURSELF YOU FUCKING DUMBASS. GROW SOME BALLS? HOW ABOUT YOU? TAKE IT UP WITH THE PERSON BEFORE MUTING THEM AND MAYBE THINGS CAN BE RESOLVED WITHOUT SUCH THINGS EVER HAPPENING. I AM NOT MUTED EVERYDAY. THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE FINE WITH MY VOICE. IT'S JUST THOSE WHO AREN'T WHO REALLY TURN OUT BE BE JACKASSES. YOU NEED TO LEARN SOMETHING CALLED TOLERANCE. IN FACT, IF I HAD A NICKEL FOR EVERY TIME I WAS VOTE MUTED, I WOULD HAVE 20 CENTS. YOU THINK I AM ANNOYING? TRY CLIENT MUTING. Now that is off my chest, and I can say this. Calling me a female dog doesn't prove anything.

toobig;dr

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
IN FACT, IF I HAD A NICKEL FOR EVERY TIME I WAS VOTE MUTED, I WOULD HAVE 20 CENTS.
So why the fuck are you complaining? You should've gotten used by now to the fact that nobody's taking you seriously. Just live with that.

And stop trying to play a victim here. You are causing inconvenience for majority on the server. It means that YOU have to shut the fuck up, not 20 players have to client-mute you.

LOLfwappz

Positively Inhumane Poster
A shitfight already? That was quick.

Speaking on the point, dont complain when people try to shut you up when you are on the mic. There is really no point in complaining. Get over it. You dont need a mic to play TF2.

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
I read quite fine, it's just all I had to read in your post was drivel.
Drivel... You are saying that what I posted what meaningless? I am bringing up that some people are taking advantage of the vote system and that this "democracy" is fucked up. You guys have brought up my serious side. When I am serious, I curse, so please excuse my language in the earlier posts, but some people (you know). I play on skial as much as I can. I have witnessed children talking on the mic being muted because others think their voices are "annoying". I have seen some of those people on different servers and they are great people (none of them are on my friend list). I see them vote muted just because of their voice. They are reporting valuable information for the game and nothing else. Not even defending themselves when they are criticized because of their voice. They even help people out. It just shows that a lot of people are discriminating against children. It's like racism , but against children. Like saying they can't to a certain school just because they are 6 and are geniuses (who skip grades, which i have seen).

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
So why the fuck are you complaining? You should've gotten used by now to the fact that nobody's taking you seriously. Just live with that.

And stop trying to play a victim here. You are causing inconvenience for majority on the server. It means that YOU have to shut the fuck up, not 20 players have to client-mute you.
How am I causing inconvenience? You are also assuming that no one takes me seriously. You have no evidence, jackass.

1kshards

Mildly Menacing Medic
A shitfight already? That was quick.

Speaking on the point, dont complain when people try to shut you up when you are on the mic. There is really no point in complaining. Get over it. You dont need a mic to play TF2.
yes, but I find it easier to communicate to people when I don't have to rush to type things. If you just say it, it is much faster than writing, or typing.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How am I causing inconvenience? You are also assuming that no one takes me seriously. You have no evidence, jackass.
Please, read carefully.

1. Why no one is taking you seriously? You got votemuted 2 times in 2 days;
2. Why you are causing inconvenience? Because MAJORITY has voted to mute you. It was NOT my decision - I've initiated the vote and most of the players found you to be annoying. IF THE VOTE FAILED - then I'd have muted you from my client.

See the light now?

Status
Not open for further replies.