Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Two reasons why I'm not going to touch this game with a 10ft pole:
First, this game is taking it's role as a shooter way too realistically and seriously. Your victims are innocent civilians begging for mercy as you either blow their heads off or gut them like a game animal. That's not fun. No one in their right mind would enjoy killing someone like this. It's one thing bash the face of a Heavy, Elite, or terrorist/counter-terrorist because they in turn are trying to kill you, there's an ulterior motive to shooting them beyond the scope of "just because they're there and I want them dead." In this game, there doesn't seem to be much in terms of motive. This is just pure hatred and for me that's a huge turn-off. The whole point of a game is to escape your reality and have fun doing it; putting yourself in the shoes of someone who is universally hated and feared in your reality is not fun.
Second, from what I've seen the gameplay is okay at best. They'd be better off calling this GTA:Sadistic Homicide Edition because that's pretty much what it looks like. Had they gone for a 1st person perspective that had more to the game in terms of free roaming and gameplay options aside from just killing everyone then I'd probably be more interested, but to me this game is just trying to be an edgy, homicidal GTA wannabe. I'll give the game some credit and mention that the graphics are pretty good but I honestly don't care about visuals much if the game is just going to bore me.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Games like this are the reason everyone says video games make people go on public rampage shootings.

I don't know how I feel about it, I honestly expected it to be a zombie game, going around killing a bunch of zombies, but instead it was real people.
Oh? I thought all the SSRI medications were the cause, seeing as each and every mass shooter was on some type of SSRI or another.. I mean... ffs it says right in the possible side effects on those damned things that they can cause homicidal and suicidal tendencies...

As for the game... Would probably get kind of boring tbh.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Overhead person view? Gay....

If you really wanted to go around and kill people just do it in GTA or Saints Row or something, this look pretty stupid and lame.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
team.jpg

These are the dudes making the game (it's straight from their site)

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Look how badass this guy his. Hes gunna cut you up and blow your head off.

vnctg3.jpg

This man rapes souls and kills children for a living. My souls already gone.

mb30au.jpg

Toxik

Contributor
lol people getting mad because I compared it to hotline miami
They are both third person shooter that revolve around going around and killing people, unless you want to compare it to GTA 2 which is the same shit

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
lol people getting mad because I compared it to hotline miami
They are both third person shooter that revolve around going around and killing people, unless you want to compare it to GTA 2 which is the same shit
I like hotline miami for its music mostly, I do think it has some very groomsmen moments. But GTA (depending what GTA you play, 2 was kinda just killing people left and right, but its more pixly and shit looking so Its much harder to relate then to stuff now.) And in most GTA's you have choices what to do. You don't have to do the missions to go kill people, you can go drive around and possibly play online and do other things. GTA is not all about killing, and depending what GTA you're playing you're often not killing innocent people. Thats why I think GTA is not as bad as this. GTA has a choice in how you take things (such as GTA IV with a choice to kill some people during the story.) Hatred is pure murdering people for no good reason it seems.

In the end I can see why you relate it to Hotline miami but that's more pixly and (JUST IN MY OPINION) that makes it less relatable and realistic due to the graphics. If its more cartoonish its less able to be taken seriously. This game has more realistic graphics from what I can see (besides the stupid fucking black and white filter)

Reactions: Toxik

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Wow, based on the comments here, are games finally blurring the line between what's right and what's wrong?

Hang on, the damned video's not loading for me, I'll get back to this in the mornin' and see if it's like Postal 2 or something funny or whatever... found an alternative vid.

Wow, yikes. This is pretty scary lookin'. Not that funny, although not on GNU/Linux, so fuck it anyways.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I like hotline miami for its music mostly, I do think it has some very groomsmen moments. But GTA (depending what GTA you play, 2 was kinda just killing people left and right, but its more pixly and shit looking so Its much harder to relate then to stuff now.) And in most GTA's you have choices what to do. You don't have to do the missions to go kill people, you can go drive around and possibly play online and do other things. GTA is not all about killing, and depending what GTA you're playing you're often not killing innocent people. Thats why I think GTA is not as bad as this. GTA has a choice in how you take things (such as GTA IV with a choice to kill some people during the story.) Hatred is pure murdering people for no good reason it seems.

In the end I can see why you relate it to Hotline miami but that's more pixly and (JUST IN MY OPINION) that makes it less relatable and realistic due to the graphics. If its more cartoonish its less able to be taken seriously. This game has more realistic graphics from what I can see (besides the stupid fucking black and white filter)
From the site they say they're using Unreal Engine 4

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
From the site they say they're using Unreal Engine 4
This is why I say it can be better relatable, if it looks more realisitc I think it can relate more to real life. Now a game like Twisted metal has only to do with killing people, and some endings are the fucking worlds populations dead after the event. But that games not realistic in the slightest, where Hatred is and this kind of thing can happen AND has happened in the past.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The whole killing innocent people thing aside, it looks like this game could of been decent if it wasn't some controversial attention seeking cash grabber and wasn't designed solely around killing random innocent people. Could of probably made a rather decent zombie apocalypse game or something along those lines with the gameplay mechanics.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Evil(er) Duke Nukem

I also here by reinstate that any psycho rampages induced by children due to lack of color in-game was clearly noted on box. Thank you. Please pre-order Hatred

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So this is an isometric shooter with zoomed in finishing animations? Okay. Seems like the only reason this game was made was to piss off people. That one mission in MW2 was enough to piss people off.

Also, that speech at the beginning was edgy as fuck.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Does anyone else feel offended that this is even allowed to be made when we have things like real life crazed gunmen and now they're making a GAME out of it?

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Does anyone else feel offended that this is even allowed to be made when we have things like real life crazed gunmen and now they're making a GAME out of it?
they are making the game exactly because of that opinion

they are going to try to make money by being edgy

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
they are making the game exactly because of that opinion

they are going to try to make money by being edgy

Well I hope that studio goes bankrupt, and no one is willing to rehire those asshats for making this abomination. It really just pisses me off to how the devs are essentially spitting in the faces of everyone who was effected by any form of shooting by a madman.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
They made the game knowing it would upset people, that's how everyone knows about it.

Freedom of expression and speech. I don't hate them for making the game, its their right to do it. I just think its sick, and not a game worth playing. There wouldn't be any games available if someone being offended meant the game shouldn't be released.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Actually playing as a crazed shooter/realistic villain where the plot picks at his brain and shows how he ticks sounds like an interesting concept to me personally, but this game doesn't seem to care about that aspect of it. It just seems to care about the "shoot people" part of it, hence why I suspect this game is just going to be another boring shooter to add to the pile.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Actually playing as a crazed shooter/realistic villain where the plot picks at his brain and shows how he ticks sounds like an interesting concept, but this game doesn't seem to care about that aspect of it. It just seems to care about the "shoot people" part of it, hence why I suspect this game is just going to be another boring shooter to add to the pile.

Don't get me wrong. I'd have nothing against this game if it had a good story to tell, or least tried to make an effort to tell a story. if this game is simply just about killing people for the sake of killing people then that's... that's really just terrible.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Don't get me wrong. I'd have nothing against this game if it had a good story to tell, or least tried to make an effort to tell a story. if this game is simply just about killing people for the sake of killing people then that's... that's really just terrible.
It's a really scummy way to get publicity because of what they're poking at here. This will get press mostly by people who will be ultra offended by this and who will make this game the forefront of some soccer mom crusade against games. From there the makers can just say "From the studio that made the controversial Hatred". It sounds cheesy, but controversy sells like sex and shiny objects. I myself don't mind controversy, I find it interesting, but this game isn't worth being called controversy because of how blatant of a publicity thing this is. I'm also against the subject they're using to get that controversy, all this does is make more of a panic that really isn't needed towards games and people with mental issues.