Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Okay, first thing's first. *deep breath* Istillpreferponiesoverthis.

Now before you start wailing on me with your hatred, lemme just say that I am really enjoying this cartoon. After the crap that's been put out on Disney (or any other network for that matter), it's nice to see someone put some actual effort into animation again. Aside from ponies, that is. Episode 4 is my favorite one so far, 'cause the villain they had reminded me a lot of Trixie, a powerful show-off with a bad attitude.

I think the reason I prefer MLP over GF is the fact that MLP follows more of a mix of Disney writing with Looney Tunes humor, both styles I grew up with. GF follows a more satirical style, which I'm not a big fan of. Though unlike most satire, it's not as forced here, which I can appreciate. It's a step in the right direction for Disney, so they need to keep up this momentum if they want to compete with the Hub.

This is another great cartoon, and I recommend everybody give it a shot. There's no ponies to bug you, so there's no excuse not to try it. Other than getting screwed by country restrictions. Bloody CRTC and their protectionist methods. Is it even on Family? I haven't checked.

:suspicious:

FS-Nasa

Mildly Menacing Medic
What? The main reason I started watching MLP was because of how well crafted it was. Gravity Falls is well crafted too, but I prefer the way MLP is handled. Can't a guy make comparisons to stuff he's seen before?

Besides, it's not like I'm going OHMIGODTHISSHOWISSHITPONIESRSOMUCHBETTR while flailing my arms while typing for no reason other than forcing this gag. I'm a guy who likes animation. I'm just glad that other creators are making it appealing to me again.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
OHMIGODTHISSHOWISSHITPONIESRSOMUCHBETTR

What? The main reason I started watching MLP was because of how well crafted it was. Gravity Falls is well crafted too, but I prefer the way MLP is handled. Can't a guy make comparisons to stuff he's seen before?

Besides, it's not like I'm going OHMIGODTHISSHOWISSHITPONIESRSOMUCHBETTR while flailing my arms while typing for no reason other than forcing this gag. I'm a guy who likes animation. I'm just glad that other creators are making it appealing to me again.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor

Reactions: mohawkg2

McGama

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I'm not at the liberty to search what this show is but can someone give me a synopses? The art style of this show looks flawless and I'm going to youtube it as soon as possible :D

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not at the liberty to search what this show is but can someone give me a synopses? The art style of this show looks flawless and I'm going to youtube it as soon as possible :D
2 kids go to odd uncles wierd shop for odd stuff and the boy finds a book with some odd shit in it and yea

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
Comparing two different animated shows is fruitless, and certainly comparing another show to MLP with the favor laying with MLP is an effort designed from the get go to justify needlessly to a public audience your near unhealthy obsession with it.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
2 kids go to odd uncles wierd shop for odd stuff and the boy finds a book with some odd shit in it and yea
Silly willy, The mystery shack is a museum and then Dipper finds a book in the forest on info on most of the weird shit in gravity falls

FS-Nasa

Mildly Menacing Medic
Comparing two different animated shows is fruitless, and certainly comparing another show to MLP with the favor laying with MLP is an effort designed from the get go to justify needlessly to a public audience your near unhealthy obsession with it.
Dude, I have not been able to watch cartoons without wanting to kill myself because of how terrible they are. The majority of cartoons I've seen from '05 onward has been the same shit: unfunny jokes, cheap animation, shitty voice work, and no payoff. They are lazy, mindless, and are just there for networks to milk to make even more shit. I'm looking at you, Viacom. And yes, I am aware there are a few other gems out there, but I just haven't found a legal route to take to watch them. Fucking Canadian broadcast laws screw me over so much.

I am not bashing on Gravity Falls at all, I'm praisng it for being fucking original. I've been waiting for other creators to make good cartoons again seeing as MLP shows you can have a toon that both kids and adults can enjoy, and someone finally got the memo. The more people that can learn from Faust and Alex, the better.

And one more thing: Just because I praise MLP, doesn't give you the right to say I have an unhealthy obsession right off the bat. That's just voicing unjustified hate. I criticize that show for its problems, like the hit-and-miss writing, pointless characters, and certain plotholes they forget to fill. But I still enjoy it all the same. Yes, I make fanart of the series, basing it off the show's easy-to-learn art style, but I do not go around like a moron going nuts with the caps lock and telling people to watch ponies and nothing else. No, I do not associate myself with that side of the fanbase. Don't be such a twat to people just because of one goddamn kid's show.

I like MLP, I like GF, and others have the potential to grow on me when given the chance. It's been too long since I've seen good animated shows that aren't Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks. There has to be more toons like this if companies want people to watch their networks again.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Dude, I have not been able to watch cartoons without wanting to kill myself because of how terrible they are. The majority of cartoons I've seen from '05 onward has been the same shit: unfunny jokes, cheap animation, shitty voice work, and no payoff..
The production of Camp Lazlo had began in year 2004 and was ended in year 2007. November 2007 marked the final production run of Camp Lazlo. Camp Lazlo is rated TV-Y7.

FS-Nasa

Mildly Menacing Medic
I didn't say all of them were bad, Lazlo. I said the majority. Which means most, not every single one. God, read a dictionary. Camp Lazlo was fine, I just didn't care for it in front of Disney Channel at the time (back when Lilo and Stitch and Kim Possible were still running).

As for you, Styx, keep your mouth shut. I have a right to defend my opinions, pony-related or not. Could you be any less constructive?

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I didn't say all of them were bad, Lazlo. I said the majority. Which means most, not every single one. God, read a dictionary. Camp Lazlo was fine, I just didn't care for it in front of Disney Channel at the time (back when Lilo and Stitch and Kim Possible were still running).

As for you, Styx, keep your mouth shut. I have a right to defend my opinions, pony-related or not. Could you be any less constructive?
This isn't the MLP sub-forum, bring your shit somewhere else

N.P.P Styx

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
supernatural.gif

...Sorry...

FS-Nasa

Mildly Menacing Medic
This isn't the MLP sub-forum, bring your shit somewhere else
I did not want to derail this thread into another pointless MLP hatefest, I only brought it up here because I've been waiting for a good cartoon that isn't MLP, and I finally got it c/o this thread. For the last time, I like Gravity Falls, stop slapping me around like a worn-out whore and let me voice my opinions, okay?

N.P.P Styx

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
...Anyway...
I've been watching this show and enjoying it immensely.
Also, Soos is best pony.