[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I am dead serious when I say that I liked this show. xD
Funny thing... My wife left Disney Channel on one day before leaving the house because one of our son's shows was on. After his show a few episodes of Gravity Falls came on and it was actually interesting. There was even a Super Troopers reference in one episode. LOL

Metal Gear Awesome <skial>

Legendary Skial King
I can't believe nobody here has even heard of it! It's all over Tumblr.
Probably the fact that everyone here is older than most of those on Tumblr is a part of why, but I really wish people here knew more about it.
I probably couldn't advise it to anyone here, because everyone here wants to murder every brony, and I am willing to say that Gravity Falls is even cuter than MLP.
Tumblr, its a two week late version of reddit, which is a week late version of 4chan.

Brick

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Just yesterday me and a friend spent the better part of the afternoon walking around downtown talking like Soos to people.

I haven't the foggiest idea as to why.

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Started watchin the other day. I fuckin love it.
The abba reference in Episode 6 made me lol

FS-Nasa

Mildly Menacing Medic
Okay, first thing's first. *deep breath* Istillpreferponiesoverthis.

Now before you start wailing on me with your hatred, lemme just say that I am really enjoying this cartoon. After the crap that's been put out on Disney (or any other network for that matter), it's nice to see someone put some actual effort into animation again. Aside from ponies, that is. Episode 4 is my favorite one so far, 'cause the villain they had reminded me a lot of Trixie, a powerful show-off with a bad attitude.

I think the reason I prefer MLP over GF is the fact that MLP follows more of a mix of Disney writing with Looney Tunes humor, both styles I grew up with. GF follows a more satirical style, which I'm not a big fan of. Though unlike most satire, it's not as forced here, which I can appreciate. It's a step in the right direction for Disney, so they need to keep up this momentum if they want to compete with the Hub.

This is another great cartoon, and I recommend everybody give it a shot. There's no ponies to bug you, so there's no excuse not to try it. Other than getting screwed by country restrictions. Bloody CRTC and their protectionist methods. Is it even on Family? I haven't checked.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Okay, first thing's first. *deep breath* Istillpreferponiesoverthis.

Now before you start wailing on me with your hatred, lemme just say that I am really enjoying this cartoon. After the crap that's been put out on Disney (or any other network for that matter), it's nice to see someone put some actual effort into animation again. Aside from ponies, that is. Episode 4 is my favorite one so far, 'cause the villain they had reminded me a lot of Trixie, a powerful show-off with a bad attitude.

I think the reason I prefer MLP over GF is the fact that MLP follows more of a mix of Disney writing with Looney Tunes humor, both styles I grew up with. GF follows a more satirical style, which I'm not a big fan of. Though unlike most satire, it's not as forced here, which I can appreciate. It's a step in the right direction for Disney, so they need to keep up this momentum if they want to compete with the Hub.

This is another great cartoon, and I recommend everybody give it a shot. There's no ponies to bug you, so there's no excuse not to try it. Other than getting screwed by country restrictions. Bloody CRTC and their protectionist methods. Is it even on Family? I haven't checked.
:suspicious: