Status
Not open for further replies.

fa11en1ight

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It has come to my attention that many of skial's servers have switched to instant respawn. I despise instant respawn because it ruins the game by encouraging suiciders and making it very hard on attacking forces to attack a place right next to a enemy respawn point. I dont actually think instant respawn helps servers fill up, and all it serves to do is piss off people like me who recognize instant respawn as a game ruining element. I propose that we get rid of instant respawn on most servers, or at least on 2fort NY where the server filled up pretty regularly anyway. in order to reach a compromise with people who like faster respawn, we could reduce respawn down to 10- 15 seconds instead of 20.

Last edited:

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
I dont know if you realize this but even the 24 slot servers have instant respawn.
Just died on a 24 slot, said I had to wait 13 seconds to respawn.

8d3uY.jpg
see?

fa11en1ight

Not all of them do, but a good number of them do, like 2fort NY, and several other 24 slot maps. Which is funny because 2fort NY was way more popular that 2fort TX.

Bottiger

Administrator
I know that Payload US was changed to instant respawn the other day, Tuesday I think. It used to be my favorite server. But I refuse to play there now. Instant respawn means that Red always wins. Period. That is no fun. I have to play on Valve servers now because they are about the only servers where I can get a decent ping that has Payload rotation.

I am hoping that this is just an experiment and when Bottiger sees that this does not fill servers then it will go back.

That server was pretty much empty all day until I changed it. As I am typing right now the server is 24/24.

I know the map is balanced around the attacking team having faster respawns, but no one likes waiting 20 seconds to respawn. Before Valve started meddling with how people find servers, fast respawn servers were the most popular.

And now that Valve has basically blocked community quickplay, it looks like we are returning to that setting to survive.

Blaming us isn't going to change anything. If the servers empty out, we cannot afford them. And no, you aren't going to single handedly pay for the server. You will stop donating when you see it empty all day. The complaints to Valve aren't loud and frequent enough. I haven't seen or heard about any pushback from players on the recent changes so this is likely the way it is going to be.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That server was pretty much empty all day until I changed it. As I am typing right now the server is 24/24.

I know the map is balanced around the attacking team having faster respawns, but no one likes waiting 20 seconds to respawn. Before Valve started meddling with how people find servers, fast respawn servers were the most popular.

And now that Valve has basically blocked community quickplay, it looks like we are returning to that setting to survive.

Blaming us isn't going to change anything. If the servers empty out, we cannot afford them. And no, you aren't going to single handedly pay for the server. You will stop donating when you see it empty all day. The complaints to Valve aren't loud and frequent enough. I haven't seen or heard about any pushback from players on the recent changes so this is likely the way it is going to be.

If this means some of the servers are being dropped out of quickplay will the other donor perks make a return on those servers (like the hat command for example)?

Bottiger

Administrator
If this means some of the servers are being dropped out of quickplay will the other donor perks make a return on those servers (like the hat command for example)?

Adding fast respawn doesn't drop the server out of quickplay anymore. It is available by changing the quickplay settings which very few people do.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

If that's the way it has to be then whatever. But since Tuesday it has been filling just like it did with regular spawns. It was empty during the day then it would fill in the afternoon and stay close to full until late night.

8d7lR.png

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
i dont get why you think that because there is instarespawn, you cant play the objective on 2fort, light

Bottiger

Administrator
If that's the way it has to be then whatever. But since Tuesday it has been filling just like it did with regular spawns. It was empty during the day then it would fill in the afternoon and stay close to full until late night.

8d7lR.png

I don't know about you but even looking at the graphs it looks like its filling faster and longer even if you ignore the fact the server was empty all monday.

fa11en1ight

I still dont think we will see much change, I dont think something like instant respawn has that power but I hope that if it doesnt work out in the long run you will consider this suggestion once again.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I still dont think we will see much change, I dont think something like instant respawn has that power but I hope that if it doesnt work out in the long run you will consider this suggestion once again.

I don't know if you understand this but people play video games to have fun. I've been on servers where there are objectives and no one goes for them because it's more fun to just chat and kill each other. You should try it sometime.

fa11en1ight

I don't know if you understand this but people play video games to have fun. I've been on servers where there are objectives and no one goes for them because it's more fun to just chat and kill each other. You should try it sometime.
Dont give me that BS. Instant respawn actively makes any game less fun. I know lots of people I was playing with on 2fort NY who were upset at how this all turned out.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Dont give me that BS. Instant respawn actively makes any game less fun. I know lots of people I was playing with on 2fort NY who were upset at how this all turned out.

But that's your opinion. Lots of people on one server isn't going to decide for the majority of Skial. People sometimes play because they want to have fun. If you want to play competitive, then go to another server if you don't like it. Most people like it so it's going to stay.

And rating all my comments "dumb" and "troll" doesn't really help your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.