Status
Not open for further replies.

fa11en1ight

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It has come to my attention that many of skial's servers have switched to instant respawn. I despise instant respawn because it ruins the game by encouraging suiciders and making it very hard on attacking forces to attack a place right next to a enemy respawn point. I dont actually think instant respawn helps servers fill up, and all it serves to do is piss off people like me who recognize instant respawn as a game ruining element. I propose that we get rid of instant respawn on most servers, or at least on 2fort NY where the server filled up pretty regularly anyway. in order to reach a compromise with people who like faster respawn, we could reduce respawn down to 10- 15 seconds instead of 20.

Last edited:

fa11en1ight

No, I just am making a point and you're proving it. I'm also not attacking you, I'm just saying people who negatively vote everyone who dislikes an idea they have, end up being not taken seriously. I have people who do nothing but vote me, it really doesn't matter to me.

But, that said if I see someone trying to make a point and anytime someone attempts to disagree with them, they rate their post badly, I tend to think they're childish, and as I said above, it devalues their entire point.

I don't need to counter your argument all that much anyway, since there are plenty of full servers with instant respawn, there is a market for it. I don't enjoy Ketchup but I fully understand why stores stock it.
If I have to explain myself to you, I didnt rate Renegades post dumb because he disagreed with me, I rated them dumb because he was asking dumb questions and making dumb points.

fa11en1ight

Because TDM in Tf2 isn't a game mode by default. That's when insta-spawn comes in.
you can still focus on killing other people even with a respawn, 20 seconds really isnt that long. But I do think compromise can be made in just reducing the spawn time instead of all together getting rid of it.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you can still focus on killing other people even with a respawn, 20 seconds really isnt that long. But I do think compromise can be made in just reducing the spawn time instead of all together getting rid of it.
Isn't it easier to kill people when there's more people because they have shorter spawn times?
(This works both ways. Whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing, people have diffrent opinions.)

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Isnt it better to not have a bunch of caber demomen running around because they dont need to worry about respawns?
They just want to have fun by blowing up the oblivous sniper. They can now have more fun because they don't have to worry about waiting 20 seconds because that sentry or heavy killed them.The snipers who also respawn instantly don't have to get frustrated over being insta-killed and wait 20 seconds.

fa11en1ight

They just want to have fun by blowing up the oblivous sniper. They can now have more fun because they don't have to worry about waiting 20 seconds because that sentry or heavy killed them.The snipers who also respawn instantly don't have to get frustrated over being insta-killed and wait 20 seconds.
I would argue that even people who play just for kills dont want suiciders constantly running in and ruining their kill streak. But even so, what about people who, oh I dont know, want to capture the intel? instant respawn pretty much ruins objective.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I would argue that even people who play just for kills dont want suiciders constantly running in and ruining their kill streak. But even so, what about people who, oh I dont know, want to capture the intel? instant respawn pretty much ruins objective.

That's the point.... you probably shouldn't be playing on a insta-spawn server if you want to play objectives.

fa11en1ight

That's the point.... you probably shouldn't be playing on a insta-spawn server if you want to play objectives.
Thats my point, maps with objective shouldnt have instant respawn. I hate it, other people hate it and this thread is letting people know. does 20 seconds really matter when you are just playing for kills? because respawn time sure does matter when playing the objective.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thats my point, maps with objective shouldnt have instant respawn. I hate it, other people hate it and this thread is letting people know. does 20 seconds really matter when you are just playing for kills? because respawn time sure does matter when playing the objective.
Considering all maps have objectives.....
yeah...

fa11en1ight

Considering all maps have objectives.....
yeah...
Yeah, instant respawn shouldnt exist for all those maps. If you want to have instant respawn, do it on trade maps or idle maps, where the goal really isnt there. You cant just declare a map stupid and say you shouldnt play objective on it.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, instant respawn shouldnt exist for all those maps. If you want to have instant respawn, do it on trade maps or idle maps, where the goal really isnt there. You cant just declare a map stupid and say you shouldnt play objective on it.
wha...wha...wha....what?
So if I am going to put this into ordinary terms, we should only be allowed to play TDM on custom maps?

fa11en1ight

wha...wha...wha....what?
So if I am going to put this into ordinary terms, we should only be allowed to play TDM on custom maps?
I suppose if everyone agreed with me 100% then yes, but I understand that people might feel differently. Part of my argument is that instant respawn is bad, even for TDM. Just look at every other game out there, even ones that actually have TDM they all have respawn times for balancing purposes. instant respawn just makes any map a suicide spam fest. I dont want to kill the same spy every 10 seconds.

Anyway once again I am proposing a good compromise is that we just reduce the respawn time to 10-15 seconds instead of getting rid of it. this is the best solution to help please everyone.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
Because this is not the first server I have played on that had instant respawn and I already know how dumb it is already. I would hate for skial to fall into this crowd because one of the reasons I liked skial in the first place is because it didnt have it.
Then play the 24 slot servers

Status
Not open for further replies.