Status
Not open for further replies.

fa11en1ight

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It has come to my attention that many of skial's servers have switched to instant respawn. I despise instant respawn because it ruins the game by encouraging suiciders and making it very hard on attacking forces to attack a place right next to a enemy respawn point. I dont actually think instant respawn helps servers fill up, and all it serves to do is piss off people like me who recognize instant respawn as a game ruining element. I propose that we get rid of instant respawn on most servers, or at least on 2fort NY where the server filled up pretty regularly anyway. in order to reach a compromise with people who like faster respawn, we could reduce respawn down to 10- 15 seconds instead of 20.

Last edited:

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know that Payload US was changed to instant respawn the other day, Tuesday I think. It used to be my favorite server. But I refuse to play there now. Instant respawn means that Red always wins. Period. That is no fun. I have to play on Valve servers now because they are about the only servers where I can get a decent ping that has Payload rotation.

I am hoping that this is just an experiment and when Bottiger sees that this does not fill servers then it will go back.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I know that Payload US was changed to instant respawn the other day, Tuesday I think. It used to be my favorite server. But I refuse to play there now. Instant respawn means that Red always wins. Period. That is no fun. I have to play on Valve servers now because they are about the only servers where I can get a decent ping that has Payload rotation.

I am hoping that this is just an experiment and when Bottiger sees that this does not fill servers then it will go back.
instant respawn ruins every payload map, I think its stupid in general.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So is this for every single Skial server or specific servers? Because I like it when I play on Trade NY.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's nice on 2fort+, and pretty much essential in helping break spawncamping on Turbine+, but stuff like Payload is probably best left with vanilla.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So maybe can we ask to have regular spawns on the payload servers? And leave the rest instant?

What about Dustbowl? have any of those been changed? I can't image Blu ever winning the third stage with Red instantly respawning.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So maybe can we ask to have regular spawns on the payload servers? And leave the rest instant?

What about Dustbowl? have any of those been changed? I can't image Blu ever winning the third stage with Red instantly respawning.
At the moment I think it's a hefty portion of 32-player servers. CTF gamemodes can probably get along with instant respawn. CP and PL definitely become unbalanced, though.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Servers that are normally full haven't been changed as far as I am aware. Servers like dustbowl, some 2fort servers, and a few others. I am sure all 32 slot servers are instant respawn now.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's good on 2fort, and hightower imo. Just implement it on select maps.
Never did see the reason to not have instant respawn on these kinds maps, as they're usually designed to be all around silly and the objectives easily ignored.
WAIT DID YOU FUCKING TOUCH MY DUSTBOWL TX ??
GAME IS RUINED
Now where will you practice your heavy main skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.