KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
It was not the right call. a 57 yard field goal is hard to make, even for the pros. Especially from the left side of the field.(facing the field goal). Plus they had a very bad record of field goal attempts that game.

A field goal attempt was not a bad call, but i don't consider it the best call. It is still the coaches fault for not realizing they replaced a person on the special defense with a punt returner.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It was not the right call. a 57 yard field goal is hard to make, even for the pros. Especially from the left side of the field.(facing the field goal). Plus they had a very bad record of field goal attempts that game.

A field goal attempt was not a bad call, but i don't consider it the best call. It is still the coaches fault for not realizing they replaced a person on the special defense with a punt returner.
Only other option was to take a knee which may have been smart but, considering Auburn was running all over them, OT may have been worse. Options are try to get the win but probably go to OT or kneel and go to OT. Either were applicable, but the end result was and is still a complete shocker that honestly no one could have predicted

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
the end result was and is still a complete shocker that honestly no one could have predicted
It's often said in football beyond highschool level that you cover up a long field goal like you would a punt. They didn't, and Auburn burned them.
a 57 yard field goal is hard to make, even for the pros.
It's difficult, but not impossible. It was very-well kicked, it just didn't quite have enough oomph.

Plus they had a very bad record of field goal attempts that game.
Hence the new kicker.

*rates this all the agrees*

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
they could of done a hail mary or something. Hell if you are going to attempt a field goal that long you might as well try to score a touchdown. Personally, I would of battled it out in over time.

but the end result was and is still a complete shocker that honestly no one could have predicted

No one predicted? The head coach discreetly put the punt returner in specifically for him to run it back for a touchdown. He expected them to miss. He made a brilliant call that bit Alabama in the ass.

What happened, in my opinion, is Alabama got greedy and impatient and decided to go for a field goal and none of them realized what was going on until the punt returner started running down the field. They had no one who could really contest the returner. This leads back to Alabamas coach not being observant and expecting to end it.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
they could of done a hail mary or something. Hell if you are going to attempt a field goal that long you might as well try to score a touchdown. Personally, I would of battled it out in over time.

No one predicted? The head coach discreetly put the punt returner in specifically for him to run it back for a touchdown. He expected them to miss. He made a brilliant call that bit Alabama in the ass.

What happened, in my opinion, is Alabama got greedy and impatient and decided to go for a field goal and none of them realized what was going on until the punt returner started running down the field. They had no one who could really contest the returner. This leads back to Alabamas coach not being observant and expecting to end it.
How often does a kick like that get returned? Further more, how hard is it to catch it while near the back of the endzone where the returner could have stepped out on accident? This, percentage wise, was highly unlikely but it did happen. Honestly, just be glad Nick is not going for 3 in a row

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Yeah as I said it was not a bad call, what was bad was Alabama not realizing they had a punt returner in front of the field goal. The linebackers were too big and slow to get the returner.

If they had realized that instead of trying to end the game right there on a big gamble without considering any other possibilities but making the field goal or missing the field goal. it might of turned out differently. That is where the coach messed up, not the field goal call to begin with. He is still a great coach.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Eagles against the Viqueens today...
pbPK4.gif

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Bitter taste of defeat. Good game Vikes. We had a bad day and further proves why I love this league. Go Packers, keep those Texas girls off us

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
HEY COWGIRLS!!!!!!
bill_murray_you_suck.jpg
Saw that and I laughed for 2 minutes straight. Then I stopped, looked at the replay, and laughed again. Thank you God for providing more blunders from the Cowgirls! AND THANK YOU PACKERS!

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Had to be happy with the Packers game after watching the Giants get blanked :\

The Seahawks play great football though o:

sov

Legendary Skial King
Jaguars need Tebow.

Update: Don't rate this optimistic, you know it's true

Last edited:

sov

Legendary Skial King
No, they need more than that. They have the foundation of a decent team but struggle depth and primary position wise. They need more then prayers from Tebow
But they still need Tebow and he is a free agent RIGHT UNDER THEIR noses. Give him any contract and he'll sign it. He plays because he WANTS TO.