Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know this is a NFL thread but seen some CFB in here as well. I am waiting for the bowl selections today because my Iowa Hawkeyes may be invited to play in the Outback bowl here in Tampa. This would be a chance I never thought I would get living in Iowa because the whole expense would be to much. One of the best things about Iowa this year is my cousin is playing for the Hawkeyes.
WOOOT!!!! My Hawkeyes are coming to Tampa for the Outback Bowl!!!!

Edit: Just bought 2 tix to the game....going with my little brother!!! BEST DAY EVER!!!!!

Last edited:

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Cutler should be packing his bags...I won't loose any sleep if they get rid of him. Just wish McCown was a few years younger he has looked great coing in as a backup.
Cutler is their guy no matter what. Doesn't matter about McCnown because he was the back-up for a reason. I love that he is a journeyman who is doing fantastic, but Cutler's job is safe

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Pretty safe to say at this point. Thank you Chicago for beating those bitches from Dallas. As a return of gratitude, we beat the Lions so you guys are back in the picture.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Either way Chicago will look like a different team next year. They have a bunch of big players who's contracts are up after this year. Cutler,Briggs. Peppers, Tillman, Marshall, Hester and I think gould are some of the big names. They have a lot of decisions to make.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Either way Chicago will look like a different team next year. They have a bunch of big players who's contracts are up after this year. Cutler,Briggs. Peppers, Tillman, Marshall and I think gould. They have a lot of decisions to make.
Marshall and Cutler are a definite. Gould most likely. Tillman if he can get healthy. The other two are probably gone unless they want to keep a veteran presence.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
HOLY SHIT JEFFREY WITH THE PLAY OF THE WEEK
jeffcatchtd.gif

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Did anyone watch Auburn vs Alabama? It was for the SEC championship and the score was 28-28 with one second left. Alabama went to kick a 53 yard field goal and Auburn put a punt returner by the field goal. Alabama missed the fieldgoal and Auburn returned a field goal kick for a touchdown.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Did anyone watch Auburn vs Alabama? It was for the SEC championship and the score was 28-28 with one second left. Alabama went to kick a 53 yard field goal and Auburn put a punt returner by the field goal. Alabama missed the fieldgoal and Auburn returned a field goal kick for a touchdown.

How did anyone not see this.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well no one commented on it so i figured no one saw it. I have never heard or seen anyone catch a field goal kick. This is the play of the season imo.

Great call by the coach and perfect execution.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well no one commented on it so i figured no one saw it. I have never heard or seen anyone catch a field goal kick. This is the play of the season imo.

Great call by the coach and perfect execution.
Its happened a few times in the Pro's.
8f74418fd3c02933f16d8835f00c1f27.png

But as far as National title implications it was HUGE. I didn't post on it because I am not a fan of the SEC. Was a great play though.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
You have to feel stupid if you were the coach for Alabama. He fought to get that one second back on the clock so he could take that field goal. Alabama missed two or three kicks in that game already.

He should of gone into overtime. I guess even good coaches make mistakes.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You have to feel stupid if you were the coach for Alabama. He fought to get that one second back on the clock so he could take that field goal. Alabama missed two or three kicks in that game already.

He should of gone into overtime. I guess even good coaches make mistakes.
Percentage wise and considering their options. Alabama made the right call. That play was completely unexpected and that type of return does not happen that often. Saban's only mistake was keeping blockers in instead of speed especially when Auburn sent in speed.