pkm

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Okay so the demo we have is of you sitting in spawn talking on mic, he mentions your annoying, calls a votemute, it fails, he says he'll shut up and demo ends. I was just there for 5 minutes, no votes started, nothing said from him except ONE line.

He called a votemute and when it failed he gave up..... that's not really abuse.

TheAsian

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Okay so the demo we have is of you sitting in spawn talking on mic, he mentions your annoying, calls a votemute, it fails, he says he'll shut up and demo ends. I was just there for 5 minutes, no votes started, nothing said from him except ONE line.

He called a votemute and when it failed he gave up..... that's not really abuse.

Oh so being annoying to HIM only and letting him call a votemute already isn't abuse? Who else was i disrupting pkm? I wanna know this. Votemute is for the whole server is it not? I remember a couple on this forum saying to use independent mute if someone annoys you, no?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I didn't record all of it because making someone sit through 35 minutes of a demo of someone who might strike again was just not efficient. I recorded it in pieces but delete the ones that did not have content of abuse.

I am Guilty free. I came onto the server because the player (FlameRice) Pmed me directly and told me that Finn is abusing votes again. In what way was I taunting him? Look at his Chatlogs. and that clip I just uploaded, I was talking to Comanch about and lotr about relationships. Theres a independent mute button for steam to mute me for finn. But he uses the server mute instead when I wasn't disrupting EVERYONE of the server.
I don't really know who the guilty parties were, I just know I heard some taunting.

Anywho to get to the issue directly related to this thread, it'll take bott to verify if he was spamming votes.

TheAsian

Im just trying to get facts in straight here. This report isn't mine, but its something im taking serious. If this doesnt go through, I'll make sure everyone on the server will know what to do next time as in everyone send a votereport and demos.

pkm

Contributor
Well votemute tends to be an easy way to find out how many people on a server you might be annoying.

Really though, yeah he's trolling but it's so damn minor until everyone else wants to blow it up, it would be so much easier to just ignore the little dude and move on instead of tossing some gas on the fire.

TheAsian

Well votemute tends to be an easy way to find out how many people on a server you might be annoying.

Really though, yeah he's trolling but it's so damn minor until everyone else wants to blow it up, it would be so much easier to just ignore the little dude and move on instead of tossing some gas on the fire.
I understand pkm. I don't really have a problem with this kid in general. Its just his constant mute spams and voteban spams are out of control. I can ignore him. 100%. but when someone comes to me and complains that he's spamming again, what is my right action? and for someone that applied admin I have to go and see this sought out.

TheAsian

there is always a reason for a vote.
so being annoyed at one individual allows you to use the server mute that is suppose to benefit all of the players in server a reason?

When that one person did not direct anything taunt or hate towards the person being annoyed?

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
so being annoyed at one individual allows you to use the server mute that is suppose to benefit all of the players in server a reason?
if the person thinks you need to shut up and that the server would benefit from that. then that's a reason

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor

I will argue this point anytime someone makes it - 90% of the time people just vote yes quickly to get it off their screen and as yes is the closest option that's normally the one that gets hit. I saw someone who hadn't said a word over mic or in text get a votemute called on him (one can assume for killing the reporter) and 60% of the server voted yes. It's not accurate to say someone is being obnoxious simply because a votemute succeeds or doesn't succeed.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I will argue this point anytime someone makes it - 90% of the time people just vote yes quickly to get it off their screen and as yes is the closest option that's normally the one that gets hit. I saw someone who hadn't said a word over mic or in text get a votemute called on him (one can assume for killing the reporter) and 60% of the server voted yes. It's not accurate to say someone is being obnoxious simply because a votemute succeeds or doesn't succeed.
While there are cases where this is true, I've seen a lot more votes pass for a real reason than I have for none. In all my time on skial servers I can honestly say I've never had a vote called against me in spite pass.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My point remains - you can't use it as an accurate judge of anything. On the occasion, I'm guilty of hitting yes to get it off my screen so I can resume play without even reading who or what it is for.

pkm

Contributor
While there are cases where this is true, I've seen a lot more votes pass for a real reason than I have for none. In all my time on skial servers I can honestly say I've never had a vote called against me in spite pass.

I don't think I've ever had a votemute against me pass either... even at times when I might deserve it =P

TheAsian

I don't think I've ever had a votemute against me pass either... even at times when I might deserve it =P
Niether have I. The times where I had a voteban against me was killing wools consecutively with the huntmen

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
votes can be started for no reason. idk what ruelel is talking about.

as for this guy, if you read the chats he starts reports and votes against a bunch of people who hack. i doubt that many people are hacking without one of us knowing about in someway.

I will consider banning him give me time to wake up.

Edit: i decided to keep an eye on him to see if it continues