Toxik

Contributor
Major spoilers about the Automatron DLC, click at yer own risk matey

ATD8hgI.jpg

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I took down Institute Courser Z2-47 earlier tonight.

after being told by NPCs how tough Coursers are, even compared to Kellogg, I certainly didn't expect to take him out in 5 seconds by stabbing him a lot. hell, the Gunners he didn't encounter on the way to the top of the building gave me more trouble

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I took down Institute Courser Z2-47 earlier tonight.

after being told by NPCs how tough Coursers are, even compared to Kellogg, I certainly didn't expect to take him out in 5 seconds by stabbing him a lot. hell, the Gunners he didn't encounter on the way to the top of the building gave me more trouble
The first time I fought him he picked up one of the Gunners weapons and he wrecked my shit but I still somehow managed to kill him. After I killed him I saved and then reloaded to try a peaceful route and ended up aggroing him again, but this time he was a cake walk he had his normal synth weapon.

Toxik

Contributor
The one DLC I've been looking forward to the most comes out the day before my 3 midterms. Fucking Bethesda.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
just went through it.

yes, you can customize Codsworth (and Curie pre-companion-quest) but once you do, they can no longer wear bowler hats (the +1 Endurance has no effect anyway, no idea on the +1 Luck given by the Triggerman Bowler). I think the game actually converts their character type to a customizable robot, which would explain why they need to be your active companion in order to customize them the first time (just being in the same settlement doesn't work until after the first time)

Toxik

Contributor
All ye fuccbois playing that DLC and here I am, dick in my hand, studying for my 3 midterms
I hate you all

Toxik

Contributor
It's like maybe 2-3 hours long, for when you get an opening to play it.
Oh what, that's pretty disappointing. I read an article that said it had a lot of meat on the bones or something, but maybe they were just talking about the customizing options for the robots.
Also, is it like a standalone DLC or an expansion where you can keep the robots in the main story line?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Oh what, that's pretty disappointing. I read an article that said it had a lot of meat on the bones or something, but maybe they were just talking about the customizing options for the robots.
Also, is it like a standalone DLC or an expansion where you can keep the robots in the main story line?
I'm not sure I understand the question but you can build a robot workshop as soon as you get the quest.

And yeah the robot customization is great, the arm mods have something like 20 options.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
you keep the robots, and any robot mods you don't find (for example: I didn't come across any Robobrain arms) are also unlocked when the questline ends

Reactions: Toxik

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
So what does everyone think of Far Harbor? I've only played a little bit of it since it's given me literal migraines. I might need to notch down the graphics a little from all the fog effects. Kinda bored since most of the enemies are so spongey I have to fall back on my laser gatling for DPS since the harpoon gun fires slow as fuck and doesn't do much damage.

Reactions: Toxik