KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I'm starting to rely a little too much on VATS for sniping (and this is coming from someone who went through around the first 90% of New Vegas, including all DLC, without using it once)

had 3 memorable moments the past 2 days:

first: killing mirelurks on my way to the Atom Cats. after killing a legendary king, find a razorclaw and a softshell. hoping to get a sneak-attack headshot on the razorclaw with a 95% chance, I miss… and end up headshotting the other one.

second: killing super mutants at a location I needed to go. with a 95% for a headshot, I fire. I then think my shot missed since there was no impact for a few seconds. turns out the slowmotion effect kicked in too early and it took 5 seconds for the bullet to come onscreen and penetrate the skull.

third: nothing too special, I just liked how the camera placement turned out on this one, and this time I actually thought to save a clip to the Xbox DVR:

yes, that's an Instigating sniper rifle. it deals 2X damage if the target's health is full, and I'm pretty sure it stacks with the 2X sneak bonus.

Toxik

Contributor
fo4_add-on_pack_v8-auto_1000-720x720.jpg

"Coming first in March is the robotic-themed Automatron. “The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain,” reads the announcement.
Players will be able to hunt down robots, strip them for parts, and then customize their own robot companions. Mix and match hundreds of parts, mods, and weapons, “like the all-new lightning chain gun.”
Cosmetic options like paint schemes and voice selection ensure that your roving murderbot will be truly your own. Automatron will be available à la carte for $10."

So fucking excited for this one! Having a customizable robot companion is going to kick ass.

fo4_add-on_pack_wasteland_workshop_1000-720x720.jpg

Following in April is the smaller Wasteland Workshop expansion, which will allow you to “design and set cages to capture live creatures — from raiders to Deathclaws!”
Once captured, you can tame them or set them to fight each other in battle.

Fucking Poke-Fallout, this shit is gonna be amazing.

fo4_add-on_pack_far_harbor_1000-720x720.jpg

Lastly, the most substantial expansion adds a whole new area off the coast of Maine in Far Harbor, coming in May. “A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths.”
This new location (likely based on Mount Desert Island, which includes the town of Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park) is apparently the largest land mass for an add-on that Bethesda has ever created, and will feature new settlements, faction quests, friends, foes, and higher-level gear.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The first and third ones seem neat. I guess I'll get the season pass later this month.

I have a bad feeling there's only gonna be two expansion add-ons overall, though

Reactions: Toxik

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Holy shit hyped for the new map and robot companions. I have to buy the season pass now, those sound really good.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
the robots definately sound awesome, but i do believe they'll do the 4 expansion things, or atleast they are planning a lot of expansions

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If you don't buy the season pass soon they're planning on increasing the price because they're planning on releasing more dlc than first planned from 29.99 to 49.99

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think they've already raised it. Kind of pissed at first but after what I saw the DLCs include, I'm not so pissed anymore.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
if someone were kind enough to buy one for me that'd be great, i dunno if the price goes up immediately into march but im kinda broke right noiw and it'd be a real pain if it did that

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
if someone were kind enough to buy one for me that'd be great, i dunno if the price goes up immediately into march but im kinda broke right noiw and it'd be a real pain if it did that
I got you covered. Just be sure to pay me back sometime. That's all I ask.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
got the season pass last weekend before the $20 price rise (until then, I thought the price already rose by $10 back when they released the DLC details, turns out I had the wrong price in my head the whole time)

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm actually pretty hype about this first DLC, now. Seems like there's going to be an actual questline rather than just adding robots.