Toxik

Contributor
I haven't played yet cause I have 0 time even though I'm on vacation, but I've been watching streamers play it at night and it looks pretty fun!
That sounds kind of shitty though, I was looking forward to the harpoon gun :(

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I haven't played yet cause I have 0 time even though I'm on vacation, but I've been watching streamers play it at night and it looks pretty fun!
That sounds kind of shitty though, I was looking forward to the harpoon gun :(
I think it uses the Big Guns perk rather than the Non-Automatic Rifles perk. Mine's not maxed out since the laser gatling is OP enough already, but maybe I'll max it now to see what its top damage is.

Toxik

Contributor
I think it uses the Big Guns perk rather than the Non-Automatic Rifles perk. Mine's not maxed out since the laser gatling is OP enough already, but maybe I'll max it now to see what its top damage is.
Yeah the guy I watch uses it as his main weapon and it still takes a while to kill enemies, especially legendaries, there seems to be a lot of those in Far Harbor
Also are you playing on Survival?

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
So what does everyone think of Far Harbor? I've only played a little bit of it since it's given me literal migraines. I might need to notch down the graphics a little from all the fog effects. Kinda bored since most of the enemies are so spongey I have to fall back on my laser gatling for DPS since the harpoon gun fires slow as fuck and doesn't do much damage.
I think it's amazing so far. I had to go back to the Commonwealth once to defend Nordhagen from 5 leveled Super Mutant Warlords while overencumbered (I then dropped off my excess stuff in Sanctuary, which included a minigun one of the Mutants had)

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Also are you playing on Survival?
Nope. I could switch it over now if it's available, but I'd rather just play through the game again in a year or two the whole way in survival, rather than switch to it now that I'm all geared up.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
>Finish doing sidequests
>Go with Old Longfellow to find whatsherface
>FUCKING SYNTHS UP IN THIS SHIT
>REPLACING MY FAR HARBOR BUDDIES
>YOU FUCKED UP NOW I'M TELLING THE B.O.S. ON YOU
>PURGE THE METAL SCUM
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
zwgjr5A.gif

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I assume none of you guys have had to deal with that hour-long bullshit sequence of block puzzles. Luckily by the next time I play through the game someone will have made a mod that skips over this part, or I can just do it manually through setstage commands. But still, holy shit that was boring.

I also finished up collecting the marine armor. Probably gonna take that on quests and give it ultra-light mods as I go. I got Old Reliable (that lever action that shoots .40-70s, this one's unique and fires a second projectile) and crafted all the mods, leveled up rifleman to rank 4 I think. Does as much damage per-shot as the harpoon gun.

Reactions: Toxik

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So what does everyone think of Far Harbor? I've only played a little bit of it since it's given me literal migraines. I might need to notch down the graphics a little from all the fog effects. Kinda bored since most of the enemies are so spongey I have to fall back on my laser gatling for DPS since the harpoon gun fires slow as fuck and doesn't do much damage.
What level were you when you started? I haven't noticed the enemies being very spongy but I'm level 74 on Very Hard.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
And then right after I say there aren't any spongy enemies left, I go into the Vim factory and there's a pair of legendary super mutant warlords with unique gauss rifles... one of them did like 400 damage a shot and did like 60% damage to me each time, even in full marine armor.

Luckily I found this after:
1K5vygT.jpg

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Disregard what I said about the BoS mission. Don't do it. It's shitty. They all get in a vertibird and then never actually show up until after you
wipe Acadia out.

Plus it screws up Far Harbor because now you can't tell Allen that
Avery was replaced by a synth.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I love The Harvester, it's so OP. it's a Staggering Ripper, found at Echo Lake Lumber. due to its near-continuous hitrate, you can pretty much stunlock anything

there's also a Fat Man launcher that throws bowling balls, which can be picked up and used again.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Only thing I've been using from Far Harbor has been the Assault Marine stuff and Atom's Judgement. Upgraded that thing so it does a lot of damage. Plus, I do a lot of damage with melee weapons anyways so I'm pretty overpowered at this point.

Reactions: KinCryos

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
so I'm trying to find ideas on what to do with the Contraptions Workshop DLC and I stumbled upon this:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
so I'm trying to find ideas on what to do with the Contraptions Workshop DLC and I stumbled upon this:

Cool more pointless DLC nobody asked for. Not like we want them to add story or anything. I got my season pass for free and I still feel ripped off having it.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Nuka-World in August is gonna be the last DLC
Weak as fuck. What's that make? Two non-workshop DLCs?

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nuka-World in August is gonna be the last DLC
Weak as fuck. What's that make? Two non-workshop DLCs?
yeah its pretty shitty, especially since they were all "we're gonna listen to you guys and what you want in dlc" then only fucking do two story ones