[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Okay, so I've had WIndows XP for a while in February, and I've tried installing Windows 7, with SP1 included from some torrent Rue got me from some place I shall not name.

I can manage to install it fairly decently, but afterwards, I have to restart my computer to configure the updates, and whenever I do, it loads all the way to 100%, and then I get the message "Failure to configure updates; Reverting changes" and I'm pretty much stuck unless I roll back the installation and do it all over again @_@

Apparently, I'm not supposed to allow the security update KB-971033 to install, but that's not even in my list of updates. Any ideas? Get a new copy of W7 and reinstall?

Help meh, I just wanna use my desktop :c

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
did you follow the instructions for it that some dude commented
thank you so much! you have made my life sooooooo much better! I cant believe that this actually is genuine, all I done was: 1)download the files 2) extract the ISO ( using winrar) 3)copied "w7xle" on to a portable hard drive 4) installed windows 7 ultimate 5) when it asked for a key at the end of the installation i egnored and unchecked the online key thingy 6) then when it loaded up my new updated computer, i went into system and found that there was only a 30 day trial.... 7) so i put in my portable hard drive and opened up w7xle and then i clicked activate certificate 8) and then once that was done i simply went back into system and it said windows is successfully activated! hope this helps to anyone unsure on how to install :)

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

Lx5yI5p.jpg

How hard is it to google it up and get the fix from MS KB directly?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Yeah in case you guys don't know. Windows Vista drivers work on Windows 7. As psycho pointed out, it is pretty much the same.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Pretty sure you have to to the manual install updates - kb2454826, kb2534366 and kb253352 prior to installing Sp1 to get rid of that and have it install correctly.