• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaeiand

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Unfortunately it seems some of my skins no longer work via mods.skial—some are to be installed simultaneous with another, and overwrite eachother naturally when loading into the TF2 client, but apparently the signed zip renders that nonfunctional. Anybody know a fix?

vicen53x

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I did manage to use the mod converter but now when I play the game, all my weapon skins only show that error thing

vicen53x

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Unfortunately it seems some of my skins no longer work via mods.skial—some are to be installed simultaneous with another, and overwrite eachother naturally when loading into the TF2 client, but apparently the signed zip renders that nonfunctional. Anybody know a fix?
I just had this issue just now. But what I did was carefully rename each vpk file and make sure not to remove the _ sign and the texts that come after it. I can't be one hundred percent, but so far, it seems to be functioning properly. . .

vicen53x

Scarcely Lethal Noob
For example you have two files that are named skial-verified-mods_000.vpk and skial-verified-mods_dir.vpk. when renaming these files, do not remove the _000 or the _dir from the file names, or else it will not function correctly. Again, I did this and the mods seem to be functioning correctly so far. . .

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
For example you have two files that are named skial-verified-mods_000.vpk and skial-verified-mods_dir.vpk. when renaming these files, do not remove the _000 or the _dir from the file names, or else it will not function correctly. Again, I did this and the mods seem to be functioning correctly so far. . .
Can someone test this with an unsigned mod, and add the _dir or _000, I'm genuinely curious if it will work

Enderia220032

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm having a problem with one mod I really wanted to use
When I'm trying to put Toon Explosion FX from Gamebanana
I'm getting a Error:
"Bad VPK file: toon_payload_explosions_dir.vpk [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'uploads/1622907262352/skial-verified-mods/toon_payload_explosions_32767.vpk' "
I don't understand what went wrong honestly, I'm got bright when it comes to mods

vicen53x

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm getting a Error:
"Bad VPK file: toon_payload_explosions_dir.vpk [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'uploads/1622907262352/skial-verified-mods/toon_payload_explosions_32767.vpk' "
I don't understand what went wrong honestly, I'm got bright when it comes to mods
Did you place it in a ZIP file first before using the skial.mod.com link?

Just highlight the set of files you want to put in a zip folder, left click, and hover the mouse over to "send to" then click on "Compressed (zipped) folder". Make sure whatever vpk files you use, it is pair with a Materials and Models file. What I did is just copy the "Materials" and "Models" from the "tf" file of the base game.

After that, the zip fill you make, that's the one you select to have it scanned for Skial approval.

Enderia220032

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Did you place it in a ZIP file first before using the skial.mod.com link?

Just highlight the set of files you want to put in a zip folder, left click, and hover the mouse over to "send to" then click on "Compressed (zipped) folder". Make sure whatever vpk files you use, it is pair with a Materials and Models file. What I did is just copy the "Materials" and "Models" from the "tf" file of the base game.

After that, the zip fill you make, that's the one you select to have it scanned for Skial approval.
Well, it didn't work but since it was just a custom payload explosion I simply deleted it and the rest of the mod worked fine
Thanks for the help anyway

Bottiger

Administrator
I'm getting a Error:

It is telling you the VPK file was bad. What happened is that Valve added a new VPK format our code couldn't read. I've updated the code so it can now read this new VPK format.

But in the future if something like this happens, you can use GCFScape to extract the files and turn it into a zip file yourself.

I don't spend a lot of time on this because less than 100 people use custom mods here.

Reactions: Zeke Aileron

jabrill

Unremarkable User
so most of my files are .vpk files, how to I get them to the point where they are zip-able, or to the point where I can upload them?

ION

Unremarkable User
Hello Everyone,

I have a problem with the mod upload site, every time I try to upload the zip file, after 10-15 minutes it show this error: "ERR_HTTP2_PING_FAILED". Tryed with Opera e Chrome.

Can someone please fix this problem?

• Dumb
Reactions: Jermaphobe

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Hello Everyone,

I have a problem with the mod upload site, every time I try to upload the zip file, after 10-15 minutes it show this error: "ERR_HTTP2_PING_FAILED". Tryed with Opera e Chrome.

Can someone please fix this problem?
Don’t upload compressed zips

• Dumb
Reactions: ION
Status
Not open for further replies.