Doom4life

Wicked Nasty Engineer
In the spirit of cleaning up the toxicity, I am suggesting that the Unmod subforum be deleted to further clean up the toxic behaviour on the forums.

As it stands right now, the Unmod subforum is still viewable but you cannot make a reply. Current members and even those that are new to the community can easily see the toxicity that is on there.

Let's make this community welcoming again!

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I was initially avoiding getting into it but I'll throw my two cents in

Can we at least get a 'lite' version of unmod, somewhere the drama can go and where people can speak more freely?

It can have some rule caveats so mods can delete posts that are considered to be very problematic. I'm not asking for total free speech where literally anything goes, just a place where we can talk without feeling like we need to walk on eggshells. Some place the drama can go, some place where we can argue and post our edgy memes and laugh at each other without getting timed out.

If some lines need to be drawn that's fine but we gotta have something to replace unmod in some way.

Reactions: Chance

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I take it NSFW is staying?
Remember people, you will be able to post a video of someone nailing their testicles to a table, but you can't call someone a nigger.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I take it NSFW is staying?
Remember people, you will be able to post a video of someone nailing their testicles to a table, but you can't call someone a nigger.

I thought you were leaving. Yet still here I see. So essentially youth were crying wolf or just fos again.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Most of the complaints people had were with gore images/videos and not unmod as a whole. I don't see why unmod couldn't stay up but with the added rule of just not allowing that type of media. It really adds nothing to any type of conversation.

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Most of the complaints people had were with gore images/videos and not unmod as a whole. I don't see why unmod couldn't stay up but with the added rule of just not allowing that type of media. It really adds nothing to any type of conversation.

Precisely we don't need to remove unmod all-together, just make it clear that you can't post such links or you'll receive a warning.

Doom4life

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Precisely we don't need to remove unmod all-together, just make it clear that you can't post such links or you'll receive a warning.
Screw the warning. If the rules are black and white about what cannot be posted, I'd say either a temp ban from that forum or a permaban from that forum. No need for any leeway and makes enforcement easier.

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Screw the warning. If the rules are black and white about what cannot be posted, I'd say either a temp ban from that forum or a permaban from that forum. No need for any leeway and makes enforcement easier.

Screw the warning? Okay just do the same thing over and over again and we'll end up with no unmod still. It'll take two seconds to read out that it says, "Do not post gore based pictures, videos or very inappropriate links." Was that so hard?

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Other gorey stuff has been posted before and not been a problem, maybe it's because they were actively shutting down sites that were hosting it or something.