CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It sucks, and if there are qualms, they can be done sufficiently through our private messaging system.

Eyebrow_raise_community.gif

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
and I will say again, I do NOT want unmod removed. I want unmod to have the same rules as the rest of the forum sans "shit posting"
i AGREE that people should have a place to go, outside of the general sections, to post grievances with other people without backlash from admins/the community as a whole
i DISAGREE with having a place where people are able to go and spout racist slurs on every little whim they have when we, as a community, are VERY big on our "no racism" rule.
Then why is the thread called delete unmod? You said it was your idea

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
i dont see why you would post this now since unmod has been here for like 2 years or whatever now

Toxik

Contributor
and I will say again, I do NOT want unmod removed. I want unmod to have the same rules as the rest of the forum sans "shit posting"
i AGREE that people should have a place to go, outside of the general sections, to post grievances with other people without backlash from admins/the community as a whole
i DISAGREE with having a place where people are able to go and spout racist slurs on every little whim they have when we, as a community, are VERY big on our "no racism" rule.

I am done responding to this thread, I have stated my opinon time and again. If Bottiger decides to change the rules, awesome. If not, whatevs.

Giving unmod the same rules as every other section is the same as deleting it, as it defies its main purpose.
The way I see it, even as a community that does not allow racism on our servers, there is no reason why we cannot have a specific shit-posting section that is not even available to be seen by people that aren't logged in.
If people want their drama or shitpost, they can keep it in that section and keep the rest of the forums clear. No one has complained about it until now, so I'm not sure what you expect to happen if we do extend the rules to unmod.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Then why is the thread called delete unmod? You said it was your idea
initially that is what i wanted but when i saw that there were so many people that wanted it around, I reconsidered.

Giving unmod the same rules as every other section is the same as deleting it, as it defies its main purpose.
The way I see it, even as a community that does not allow racism on our servers, there is no reason why we cannot have a specific shit-posting section that is not even available to be seen by people that aren't logged in.
If people want their drama or shitpost, they can keep it in that section and keep the rest of the forums clear. No one has complained about it until now, so I'm not sure what you expect to happen if we do extend the rules to unmod.
Should I go count how many "delete unmod" suggestions there are?
as i said, in the post you quoted. I don't care about shit posting.
I care about rules being broken.

What I don't understand is why @Rhi wants unmod to be removed....
because it is a shitty place for people to circumvent the rules

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
because, as i have said before, i think that any and all rule-breakers should have no place in Skial community.
well that removes like, 85% of the regs. pretty much everyone has broken the rules somehow, so why don't we just remove this entire site before the entire internet is full of racist people? oh wait...

Toxik

Contributor
Should I go count how many "delete unmod" suggestions there are?
as i said, in the post you quoted. I don't care about shit posting.
I care about rules being broken.
Please do, I will be counting how many times they have been rejected
No rules are being broken right now, so I'm not sure why you want to extend regular rules knowing they will most likely be broken.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Please do, I will be counting how many times they have been rejected
No rules are being broken right now, so I'm not sure why you want to extend regular rules knowing they will most likely be broken.
rejected or not, you said this was the first time it was brought up. It isn't.
also "no rules are being broken right now". are you on pcp

say you are some random kid that got banned for racism on the servers. you come to the forum to make a ban appeal or check out your ban, whatever. while waiting for replies on your post you look around the forums and find NSFW, and find Unmoderated where people are being racist EVERYWHERE. Literally in almost EVERY post. How could you take a community seriously after that?

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
people take communities seriously?

rating me troll hurts my feelign please remove skial from internets

Toxik

Contributor
rejected or not, you said this was the first time it was brought up. It isn't.
also "no rules are being broken right now". are you on pcp

say you are some random kid that got banned for racism on the servers. you come to the forum to make a ban appeal or check out your ban, whatever. while waiting for replies on your post you look around the forums and find NSFW, and find Unmoderated where people are being racist EVERYWHERE. Literally in almost EVERY post. How could you take a community seriously after that?
Okay, I guess you're resorting to nitpicking. Even if it was suggested a few times before, the fact that it's been rejected every single time should tell you something.
No, I'm not on "pcp", but I guess I might as well to try and understand your point of view.

And well, that random kid should realize that it is an unmoderated section of the forum, closed to general public without accounts, and that it is very different from playing on one of our populated servers vs shitposting in a remote forum section.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Even though people try and keep their trolling and shit in unmod, it still spills into the other side of the forums from time to time and in-game. So that argument about "stuff doesn't leak out of unmod" should stop right here. Because obviously it isn't true.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Okay, I guess you're resorting to nitpicking. Even if it was suggested a few times before, the fact that it's been rejected every single time should tell you something.
No, I'm not on "pcp", but I guess I might as well to try and understand your point of view.

And well, that random kid should realize that it is an unmoderated section of the forum, closed to general public without accounts, and that it is very different from playing on one of our populated servers vs shitposting in a remote forum section.

if you're going to have a racism rule, have a fucking racism rule and enforce it in all aspects or forget the rule entirely. so fucking hypocritical.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I was just testing something.

I was just showing how you can't put things like this in pms, you have to post them out in the forums. AKA the purpose of unmod.
Or everyone can laugh at you publicly and not break any rules for posting before you read a thread as a forum admin.

Edit: OOOOH, THE SILENT EDIT WITH MUSHIFACE
I CANNOT RESIST

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I understand it's unmod but why have a group rule of "no racism" if you're going to say "Oh, that one part of the forum you can be racist. You can be as racist and as homophobic as you want and you'll never get in trouble for it." I feel like at one point someone is going to start adding "lollicon" in there.