PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Got a message from CiNiC via Steam saying "dude explain these photos: <dropbox link>" (sorry, didn't take a screenshot).

Went to Dropbox, saw this:

P9nFZzr.jpg

Downloaded, checked the archive, saw *.scr files:

GZRrALp.jpg

Asked CiNiC what the fuck - no response.
Awesome.

DO NOT RUN THESE SCR's (it's executables for screensavers) if you get this message from CiNiC.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I'm dumb and extracted the things to my picture library, but I didn't open/click on them. Am I safe?

Goddamn people trying to phish.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I told Sarcasm there should be a sticky about a few admins getting hacked, since there is one about Gwor. I got the same message from Cinic. A general safety tip is to ask the person what these screenshots are, and to post them on a site they can be viewed without being downloaded.

I don't know why the sticky saying Gwor got hacked isn't updated to reflect the other admins who got hacked

I'm dumb and extracted the things to my picture library, but I didn't open/click on them. Am I safe?

Goddamn people trying to phish.

You -SHOULD- be. For safety delete the files ASAP, run a full scan of your system.

Don't download things even from people you trust unless they give you explanation as to why.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
You -SHOULD- be. For safety delete the files ASAP, run a full scan of your system.

Don't download things even from people you trust unless they give you explanation as to why.

I know, I was dumb enough to extract them without questioning it. Everything was deleted already, thanks for the help.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
malwarebytes doesnt see anything and im too dumb to know what else to do
oh and AVG

Dr.SteveBrule

Epic Skial Regular
Too late lmao
I actually thought I was in trouble for a second.:harpdarp:
Literally the second I started a scan with MSE it found something.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I know, I was dumb enough to extract them without questioning it. Everything was deleted already, thanks for the help.

Not going to lie I considered it then I thought why the fuck would he be sending screenshots in a rar fashion when there are so many other options.

It was just a general safety tip, a lot of people don't question suspicious things from friends, and thats what phishers take advantage of. That's how so many of the admins got caught.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
malwarebytes doesnt see anything and im too dumb to know what else to do
oh and AVG

Did you already unzip and run the files? If so you should submit a ticket asap because you're about to get hacked.

Give your tf2 items to someone you trust so you don't really lose anything in the long run.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Did you already unzip and run the files? If so you should submit a ticket asap because you're about to get hacked.

Give your tf2 items to someone you trust so you don't really lose anything in the long run.
i dont care about my tf2 items