Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottiger

Administrator
300px-Administrator.png

The TF2 admin system has had an overhaul.

It is now possible to add or remove admins in a matter of seconds. Before it was a long process to locate the person on both sourcebans and sourcemod, make sure there wasn't an entry already, and to remove the entry if the person wasn't a donator.

The report system now ignores spam complaints and tells people to use vote-silence or a personal mute.

Admins now have reserved slots on all servers except idle.

6 inactive admins have been removed.

Admins are now automatically monitored for activity.

Admins that are not mappers,programmers, or taking care of other sections of Skial are expected to handle reports and/or maintain a certain level of activity. You might not be contacted if you are removed because I do not have time to contact you especially if you are inactive. Please do not take it personally if this happens to you. You may reapply for admin again.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
300px-Administrator.png
You might not be contacted if you are removed because I do not have time to contact you especially if you are inactive. Please do not take it personally if this happens to you. You may reapply for admin again.
Oh, goody.

I disagree with this being done "automatically" extremely much. Tons of admins, myself included, handle tons of problems on-server with warnings over voice chat, and get results each time. We say that they will get kicked or banned if they continue micspamming, being racist, and especially if they're doing exploits. This program does not track voice, I imagine.

As an admin who has been removed and has received admin back twice without being told, I can say that not even being given the dignity of being informed of having it taken away is insulting. I went on servers to get rid of hackers on 2fort after being removed, and wasn't aware that I didn't have the ability to ban hackers anymore.
If you managed to "save time" by shaving the ability to remove down to a few seconds, you should use some of that new time to write up a PM, in my opinion.

Reactions: Pat

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Oh, goody.

I disagree with this being done "automatically" extremely much. Tons of admins, myself included, handle tons of problems on-server with warnings over voice chat, and get results each time. We say that they will get kicked or banned if they continue micspamming, being racist, and especially if they're doing exploits. This program does not track voice, I imagine.

As an admin who has been removed and has received admin back twice, I can say that not even being given the dignity of being informed of having it taken away is insulting. I went on servers to get rid of hackers on 2fort after being removed, and wasn't aware that I didn't have the ability to ban hackers anymore.
If you managed to "save time" by shaving the ability to remove down to a few seconds, you should use some of that new time to write up a PM, in my opinion.
shut up sanik

Brick

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Now Bot, it's against the law to not inform somebody when you fire them (in the U.S. at least).
And we are about doing things fairly, so you need to send them a convo telling them that they are no longer needed and why.

And when you just keep people around without informing them that they are fired they tend to "burn down the building".

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Now Bot, it's against the law to not inform somebody when you fire them (in the U.S. at least).
And we are about doing things fairly, so you need to send them a convo telling them that they are no longer needed and why.

And when you just keep people around without informing them that they are fired they tend to "burn down the building".

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
... I would assume activity equates to like... time spent in tf2?

I'm just bracing myself for the resubmitted applications. (I'm totes gonna reapply... when I feel like I would give myself a +1 -.-;;)

Reactions: bunnyf00d
D

DeadHerald

Uh, it's only against the law if they collect a salary.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Yeah, i would recommend you added sending a generic PM when they are removed via skial and/or the email address they linked with skial.

voodooelectricj

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
As one of the admins removed for inactivity (having a bit of trouble logging in right now, but I assume this is the case), I just wanted to say "So long and thanks for all the fish." My inactivity has been due to a serious illness (I take 18 pills per day lately), and haven't been really playing any games at all. Not really feeling that I've missed anything during my months of absence from the Skial community, I don't really regret letting my status lapse; I doubt I'll spend much time on these servers ever again. See some of you around the intarwebz.

Lord Killington

Legendary Skial King
As one of the admins removed for inactivity (having a bit of trouble logging in right now, but I assume this is the case), I just wanted to say "So long and thanks for all the fish." My inactivity has been due to a serious illness (I take 18 pills per day lately), and haven't been really playing any games at all. Not really feeling that I've missed anything during my months of absence from the Skial community, I don't really regret letting my status lapse; I doubt I'll spend much time on these servers ever again. See some of you around the intarwebz.
Sorry to see you go man, see you later I suppose :/

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Should you have been informed before hand? I think so. Should you have informed him? Yes. How can someone cut you some slack if they don't know?

Whether or not you informed anyone, I don't know. But based off your response I'm assuming you didn't.

Regardless, I appreciate the work you did for us community members, and I hope you can recover from your health issue.

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think at least a forum message should be sent, so they can't say they weren't informed at all.
If they don't have a forum account, then they don't deserve to be contacted.

Bottiger

Administrator
Oh, goody.

As an admin who has been removed and has received admin back twice without being told, I can say that not even being given the dignity of being informed of having it taken away is insulting. I went on servers to get rid of hackers on 2fort after being removed, and wasn't aware that I didn't have the ability to ban hackers anymore.

Removal isn't automatic, and you were given more than enough warnings before having your admin removed.

Thanks and hopefully you don't take it personally. But I believe your inactivity is due more to Star Trek Online rather than your illness.

As I've said again, this is nothing personal, but I don't think anyone would disagree that inactive admins should be removed.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I wasn't talking about my personal experiences alone, but saying you should tell someone when you remove them.
Common courtesy is becoming rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.