Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottiger

Administrator
If your situation changes, you can reapply again.

I don't understand why some people make such a big deal about this. If you play TF2 once a week and don't do reports, why are you going to feel offended if you don't get to ban people anymore?

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
probably because bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

edit:

and because people want to be able to hold on to a tiny little shred of power without actually having to do anything

P Lash

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
"Admins are expected to maintain a specific level of activity."
Does this mean only playing on Skial servers, or banning/kicking (all that admin power stuff) etc?
Because if it refers to banning/kicking people, then it could be unfair, like for example if an admin plays on a specific server and doesn't find any ban-worthy players then he could get his admin powers removed for no reason because of "inactivity."

P Lash

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
haha, I'm sure it isn't based upon how many people that person bans
Oh. Then that's fine I guess.
I also propose that admins can leave a notice on the servers if they are about to be inactive for a certain amount of time (like a holiday, for example) so that they won't have their admin powers removed and won't have to go through the admin application rigmarole again (which is long and inconvenient, both for the guy himself and the admin-choosers). Of course, admin powers should be removed if the guy hasn't been online in, say 6 months. But occasional 1-2 week breaks shouldn't mean loss of admin powers if a notice has been given.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Alrighty then.
I got a good amount of people who agree with me on this, so could you respond to the other points I made? A lot of admins do verbal warnings, and regarding what "activity" means - time on TF2, Skial time, admin actions, regularity?

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
Oh. Then that's fine I guess.
I also propose that admins can leave a notice on the servers if they are about to be inactive for a certain amount of time (like a holiday, for example) so that they won't have their admin powers removed and won't have to go through the admin application rigmarole again (which is long and inconvenient, both for the guy himself and the admin-choosers). Of course, admin powers should be removed if the guy hasn't been online in, say 6 months. But occasional 1-2 week breaks shouldn't mean loss of admin powers if a notice has been given.

I am sure there is a certain level of understanding involved if the breaks are reasonable and people are informed beforehand

(but to be honest I have no idea, the optimist in me likes to think this)

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Alrighty then.
I got a good amount of people who agree with me on this, so could you respond to the other points I made? A lot of admins do verbal warnings, and regarding what "activity" means - time on TF2, Skial time, admin actions, regularity?
I, too, would like to know what defines activity. I imagine we don't have a ban quota. LOL

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
AP points is how we tell for activity. since it is all calculated mathematically by how many hours you play.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
AP points is how we tell for activity. since it is all calculated mathematically by how many hours you play.
eh, i don't like that as much since, yanno, you might play in full servers all the time. I guess it encourages admins to be on seeding servers though.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
even if you play in a full server you get AP points

that's not what she's trying to say. You get less AP points in a full server as opposed to seeding one. (from what I understand, you get drastically more AP successfully seeding)

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
that's not what she's trying to say. You get less AP points in a full server as opposed to seeding one. (from what I understand, you get drastically more AP successfully seeding)

then i don't see what the problem is? either way you get AP. we don't make admins just based on AP.

Gigz

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I did my job.
got caught up with 2 jobs.
Girlfriend.
but when it came to being an admin, I devoted the entire first week to cleaning it up, and did, than became more of a reg, started fading away.
But I made US5 a good place so other admins would hop in it and thanks to someone like Anya who did, went in and made The good people of Turbine forum regs.
I would apply in the summer when I'll only have the one job, s for now I cant even play games with a fractured left hand. Reading the new admins I hope they dont go thru what I have.

Reactions: bunnyf00d

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
then i don't see what the problem is? either way you get AP. we don't make admins just based on AP.
Well no, if you base activity based on ap you have to account for the fact that seeding gets you waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more ap, while playing in full servers get's you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less. i dunno what the limits are, but if you hit zero you're prolly inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.