Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well no, if you base activity based on ap you have to account for the fact that seeding gets you waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more ap, while playing in full servers get's you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less. i dunno what the limits are, but if you hit zero you're prolly inactive.

ruelel plays mostly on full servers. has over 5000AP i think.
i have about 1800 AP.

It doesn't matter how much AP you have. what matters is how much time you spend on the severs. which can be determind by hlstats and AP

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ruelel plays mostly on full servers. has over 5000AP i think.
i have about 1800 AP.

It doesn't matter how much AP you have. what matters is how much time you spend on the severs. which can be determind by hlstats and AP
I'm not.. i didn- oh fuck it. we're not understanding each other. lol

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
no i understand. you are saying seeding will give you more AP. which is true. but it doesn't give you a better chance at being an admin. there are other things taken into consideration. activity is just a big part of it

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
no i understand. you are saying seeding will give you more AP. which is true. but it doesn't give you a better chance at being an admin. there are other things taken into consideration. activity is just a big part of it
I wasn't saying anything about becoming admin, but losing it.

Toxik

Contributor
Not taking it personally, but being removed as an admin because I haven't been as active as other admins, especially being the first Skial admin ever, I expected at least a warning or something. I understand, but as I said in the private admin message, now that I have lost admin, I also expect my forum mod powers to be removed, as I will not spend any more time taking care of issues in the community. I'll still be in contact with people from the community, but I still have taken some kind of offense and will spend my time in other ways than on Skial forums/servers. It was a good run, and thank you.
Edit: Bot, you'll understand that I will be taking back control of my secondary account.

Bottiger

Administrator
Not taking it personally, but being removed as an admin because I haven't been as active as other admins, especially being the first Skial admin ever, I expected at least a warning or something. I understand, but as I said in the private admin message, now that I have lost admin, I also expect my forum mod powers to be removed, as I will not spend any more time taking care of issues in the community. I'll still be in contact with people from the community, but I still have taken some kind of offense and will spend my time in other ways than on Skial forums/servers. It was a good run, and thank you.
Edit: Bot, you'll understand that I will be taking back control of my secondary account.

You are taking it personally especially if you took offense and are going to purposefully avoid skial just because I took away a TF2 admin you aren't using anymore.

I don't see a purpose of a warning because we can't have admins that are forcing themselves to play TF2 or handle reports just so they can keep admin. If you ever start playing TF2 again, you can reapply.

Think about how it took you over 2 days to figure out you had your TF2 admin removed. Think about how helpful it is when people are looking for an admin and find out that most of our 26 admins are playing another game or not responding.

Do you really think I should just keep adding admins while people figure out they can get the benefit without doing anything once they get admin? We will just end up with 100 inactive admins while I still need to keep recruiting more every month. I have a responsibility to keep Skial going even when the older players get bored of it. I am not removing your admin because I dislike you. I am doing it because it is my responsibility to the players that are still involved.

Just because you were the first admin doesn't mean you get special treatment. Back when we only had 1 idle server, admins weren't needed and I granted it to you as a favor.

Reactions: Isil

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You are taking it personally especially if you took offense and are going to purposefully avoid skial just because I took away a TF2 admin you aren't using anymore.

I don't see a purpose of a warning because we can't have admins that are forcing themselves to play TF2 or handle reports just so they can keep admin. If you ever start playing TF2 again, you can reapply.

Think about how it took you over 2 days to figure out you had your TF2 admin removed. Think about how helpful it is when people are looking for an admin and find out that most of our 26 admins are playing another game or not responding.

Do you really think I should just keep adding admins while people figure out they can get the benefit without doing anything once they get admin? We will just end up with 100 inactive admins while I still need to keep recruiting more every month. I have a responsibility to keep Skial going even when the older players get bored of it. I am not removing your admin because I dislike you. I am doing it because it is my responsibility to the players that are still involved.

Just because you were the first admin doesn't mean you get special treatment. Back when we only had 1 idle server, admins weren't needed and I granted it to you as a favor.
Dear Toxik,
I really appreciate all you've done for the community as a whole and being one of our very first admins. However, you really haven't been too active lately. I'm going to be terminating your admin on our servers, unless you decide you want to be active again. Please don't take this as anything personal.
Sincerely,
Bizarro Bottiger

Toxik

Contributor
Bot, I suppose I did take personal offense. But you should know me better than to expect me to avoid the Skial servers just because I lost admin. As you said, people who have played TF2 for a long time got bored of it, and I am obviously one of these people, as past 5 times I have opened TF2 it was just for idling and checking the new map out. I'm not going to hold a grudge, since I know that, as anti-social as you might seem, you're still a great community leader, having build Skial from the ground up to where it is today, and I trust your leadership skills, and I understand that me having been the first admin shouldn't mean anything to my rank today. I'll still come on the forums for a laugh, but I will not take part in any serious business/drama/debate.
Cheers.

Lord Killington

Legendary Skial King
what I'm saying is

this is the internet

it is clearly serious business.

that serious business clearly deserves a place on a forum spawned from some TF2 servers

rite?

IT'S SO SERIOUS I'M GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE OF MY SERIOUS FACE AND SEND IT TO YOU.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
what I'm saying is

this is the internet

it is clearly serious business.

that serious business clearly deserves a place on a forum spawned from some TF2 servers

rite?
Why not take it seriously? This is a community and many of us have invested a lot of time/money/effort into it, if we all just fucked around like nothing matters it wouldn't be a very good community.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
Why not take it seriously? This is a community and many of us have invested a lot of time/money/effort into it, if we all just fucked around like nothing matters it wouldn't be a very good community.

THAT'S WHAT I AM SAYING

TAKE IT SERIOUSLY ALWAYS

Bottiger

Administrator
Dear Bottiger

I am going to argue with you so I can get support against a common enemy with people like me. Maybe we can overthrow you then.

And by people like me I mean people that do things like

- Binding /dsay GET OUT to a hotkey and spamming it 10 times after you kill someone.
- Spamming /slap
- Banning someone for "votespam" when they did a single votemute on you.
- Banning people for "tauntfagging" even after telling you not to multiple times. Then saying you don't care what we told you.
- Calling people backburner faggots.
- Slaying people in the middle of a game, even a lobby.
- Saying you dislike everyone in a skial server and going to a non-skial server.
- Gagging people for saying umad to you.

Oh wait. They didn't.

Sincerely,
The "BadBat-min"
CiNiC

Status
Not open for further replies.