Drax

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Summary:
Bug Credits Team Fortress 2
Details:
Hello, my name is Drax and I contact you to inform you of a bug today
When I logged in on TF2 today, I saw that I only have 580 credits, but yesterday I had 37,000 :cry:
I did not buy any title or object in the store
Please, find a solution for this bug, thank you so much :disrelieved:​

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Just to clarify, You are talking about "credits" and not "australium points"
/ap
/credits

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I know, Just making sure the player is not confused about what # he "was" looking at.

Pepe ツ

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
some days ago at vsh i bet 100 on blue and some people bet 100/500 on red (the amount that they bet on red team was around 4k). at the end of the round red team won and i lose 4k credits... :dizzy:

KamiLilBird

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Summary:
credits are acting weirdly (credits, not ap)
Details:
whenever i bet 200 or so credits and i lose the bet, i end up losing up to 8-10 times more credits then i bet. just this morning i had 3k, now i have 800. i slowly get my credits back from seeds and stuff but me and a few other people i know are losing credits really fast for no reason at all​

KamiLilBird

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Another thing I had forgotten (sorry), is whenever i bet, it refunds it most of the time, even though i had no intention to.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Another thing I had forgotten (sorry), is whenever i bet, it refunds it most of the time, even though i had no intention to.
I'm unsure about the first part but for the second, if the enemy team doesn't bet, then you don't win anything, you just get your earnings back. Here's how to system works.

Let's say you bet 1000 credits and I bet 500 and we were the only ones that bet on Blu. Then on Red, there was a sum of 300 credits bet. Blu wins so you get 66% of the credits Red bet (200) and I get 33% of the credits (100) because that's how much of the betting capacity you took (1000/1500 = 0.66 or 66%). If no one else on the enemy team bets, you are refunded your credits as no other bet was made.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm unsure about the first part but for the second, if the enemy team doesn't bet, then you don't win anything, you just get your earnings back. Here's how to system works.

Let's say you bet 1000 credits and I bet 500 and we were the only ones that bet on Blu. Then on Red, there was a sum of 300 credits bet. Blu wins so you get 66% of the credits Red bet (200) and I get 33% of the credits (100) because that's how much of the betting capacity you took (1000/1500 = 0.66 or 66%). If no one else on the enemy team bets, you are refunded your credits as no other bet was made.

Just some clarification on this - it is not the enemy team that has to bet, but the enemy team must have a bet on it.
If I use the command !bet red 100, no matter what team I am on - it bets 100 on red winning.
If I use the command !bet blue 100, no matter what team I am on - it bets 100 on blue winning.

If both Sargent and I are on red, but he bets 100 on red and I bet 100 on blue - no one else has to bet.
Rewards are then calculated by taking the total amount bet (200 in the example above).
We then take each person that bet and calculate their bet as a percentage:
If red won then Sargent was 100% of the bet and he wins 190 (5% removed for betting fees).

So, again:
Pedro bets 300 on red winning, Sargent bets 150 on red winning, I bet 100 on blue winning.
If red wins, the amount that was bet for red winning was 450, the total pool is 523 (95% of 550, rounded up)
Pedro wins 66% (300/450) of 523 - total credits won: 234
Sargent wins 33% (150/450) of 523 - total credits won: 173
I lose 100% of 100 (my bet) - total credits lost: 100

Bottiger

Administrator
What Luke said, and you might want to make sure you aren't doing !bet multiple time before the server says your bet has been registered. It will only bet once while taking your credits for every time you typed !bet.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yep. I was at +120,000 credits and #1 on storeboard.

I bet only 400 on VSH, got refunded and lost all 120,000.

edit: wrong thread sorry.

Last edited:

Z-arc

Scarcely Lethal Noob
same happened to me, i almost had 20k credits and then i just happened to have only 390 after restarting my PC

mizu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I also lost about 13k credits and I didn't bet/spent that much. Can you please look into this? Thanks.

Pepe ツ

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Some people yesterday were complaining about credits system. it seems that they also lost their credits and they didn't get refunded yet :angry: