• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ant, there is no question about it that being vacced hurts your credibility even if you never hacked on our servers. If I didn't say it, someone else would have pointed it out.

We will judge whatever evidence you have based on its merits and not because you are vacced. But these issues become a matter of reputation, and for every possible cheater that we unban due to having a 1% chance of being legit, we also risk other players leaving because they felt it was clearly hacking.

I would think that the amount of hackers I've reported and demo'd would of nullified said previous VAC ban, I could of simply got a new account as it happened so long ago, however I figured that my playskill, as well as being a positive asset to whatever community I decided to play with, would again - of made my opinion worth more than a simple VAC ban but I suppose I was wrong.

I don't see how this demo proves the gentleman was hacking, I was under the impression that it was innocent until proven guilty as far as hacking goes - and these demos will put some doubt if he is or not, I was merely making the statement (as I did in the other similar incident) that I don't feel there is enough evidence to issue a permanent ban. Obviously it's up to you, and whoever else in the end, however I still don't feel the mudslinging was called for regardless. I've attempted to make posts defending or decrying people accused of hacking fluid, and logical - if someone disagrees I'd be more than happy to further elaborate how a twitch =/= hack. But, as I said - the shot at my credibility really doesn't add anything to this thread, and tbh comes off quite a bit ridiculous after all the comments/demos I've uploaded on here against hackers.

Bottiger

Administrator
I disagree that you would twitch like that because you lagged.

I played on 200 ping servers and I never twitch like that because of something called lag compensation.The demo will smooth out the movements of laggy players. If you want to try this out yourself, just find a random 200 ping server.

I also don't buy the high DPI argument. I have a DPI switch on my mouse and when I switch it to 1600, it makes all my movements smoother and slower because that's what high DPI does.

I'll let everyone else decide what to do about this.

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Haha, I didn't agree that I "twitched" because of the high DPS, I just agreed that I had one and had the settings high. I said I circled, when shooting (granted, I don't make perfect circles 'cause they're always tiny and it's more of a habit now than anything beneficial. If the OP has any demos while I'm on spy (Or any other class that doesn't constantly require quick movements), you'll notice a lot less of that circling. I usually main amby on spy, so my shots are timed better, and let me think about my actual process.

Not that it's relevant at all, just...Shedding some light on some of the ticks, and certain idiosyncrasies of some people. Might brighten the light for future incidents like this. But as you previously said, it would be (generally) better to ban someone that's being suspicious rather than lose other people that might stay with you guys, I'm hardly an "active member", so I know my hold and word isn't too strong, heh.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Haha, I didn't agree that I "twitched" because of the high DPS, I just agreed that I had one and had the settings high. I said I circled, when shooting (granted, I don't make perfect circles 'cause they're always tiny and it's more of a habit now than anything beneficial. If the OP has any demos while I'm on spy (Or any other class that doesn't constantly require quick movements), you'll notice a lot less of that circling. I usually main amby on spy, so my shots are timed better, and let me think about my actual process.

Not that it's relevant at all, just...Shedding some light on some of the ticks, and certain idiosyncrasies of some people. Might brighten the light for future incidents like this. But as you previously said, it would be (generally) better to ban someone that's being suspicious rather than lose other people that might stay with you guys, I'm hardly an "active member", so I know my hold and word isn't too strong, heh.
darling. take a demo of your behavior. post that. do eeet

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I already have submitted one...Look a few posts back on the previous page, from wikifortio. :)

EDIT: Then again, I couldn't "play how I normally do", I kept finding battle engies, and I don't go scout when I'm going up against sentry nests, or constant freakin' mini sentries. >_<

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
His recent KD is 3 which is higher than average so you can't use that defense. No offense but I think it is funny that the 2 people defending him are vac banned.

I wouldn't say I'm defending him, I'm merely playing devil's advocate. I feel as someone who has actually used an aimbot before (referencing my vac ban) I feel I'm eminently qualified to take part in discussions like this one.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Is there any way to get an update on this? It'd be awesome to be unbanned again.

im going to talk to dyn when i get home today. if i do not get more demos to look at i will unban you. I don't think that demo is enough to hold your ban. Be warned though if you do get unbanned. you will be watched

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
im going to talk to dyn when i get home today. if i do not get more demos to look at i will unban you. I don't think that demo is enough to hold your ban. Be warned though if you do get unbanned. you will be watched
I disagree.

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thanks Zebra. I'm not sure how I can dispute with you though, pants. :/ Not much I can do to "prove" I'm not using a wallhack, is there? If you'd rather me not do things like that (listen around corners) because it "seems suspicious", I can try my hardest not to, but that seems like such a silly thing to do, if it's a mechanic of the game.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
okay well. until we get more evidence i am going to unban you for the time being. You will be watched. IF anyone wants to supply more demos please feel free to post here or pm me.

hazy

Unremarkable User
Don't let his cooperative nature on this thread fool you. He has a bad attitude in game and you should ban him on that alone. Anyways, I speced him briefly just now and he has some ROBOT like aim. Whether he's aim botting or not would be hard to say but I've played with spy clans that don't have aim with the revolver like he is doing. I think keeping him banned is a good idea.

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Don't let his cooperative nature on this thread fool you. He has a bad attitude in game and you should ban him on that alone. Anyways, I speced him briefly just now and he has some ROBOT like aim. Whether he's aim botting or not would be hard to say but I've played with spy clans that don't have aim with the revolver like he is doing. I think keeping him banned is a good idea.

Do you have a demo, Hazy? I'd actually love to see it, if you don't mind. I'm quite curious what..."ROBOT like aim" looks like. Would it look like pulling the trigger when someone walks through your crosshair? 'Cause...It doesn't really take a robot to press M1. I also find it doubtful that you've spent any extended time with any worthwhile spies.

hazy

Unremarkable User
You come into the server with your friend and mic spam and grief new players on how you kill them and then you try to play sweetly on this thread. This is not the behavior of someone who has true skill. I've noticed the best players in FPS tend to be introverts who rarely talk. You do not fit the bill.

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Good ol' stereotypes. And, are you talking about Hobo? Hm, I won't deny micspam, I didn't believe it was against the rules, however. You're MORE than welcome to client-mute me, though. In fact, I suggest it if my voice annoys you. If multiple people are annoyed, you can start a vote mute. It's happened before, and it can definitely happen again, haha. I also wouldn't stereotype, now. Come on, that's just silly. "All good players are quiet and rarely talk." There's a difference between my screwing around voicing, and my playing voice. There's no need to spam my team with nonsense if we're being serious. 6v6, highlander, no need for any of that spam. I see no problem with it while pubbing. Some are more professional about their pub games, I suppose. =)