• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

dyn582

Unremarkable User
Name: AKARaccoon
ID: Steam_0:1:28210458
server: Badwater US13

Evidence: I took many demos but this was the most blatant.
(1) violent twitching (AKA NoSpread correction) on pistol at 44 seconds, and 1:15 (notice how it twitches violently, even when aiming at nonmoving targets such as teleporters)
(2) staring directly through a wall at 53 seconds and 1:21 (notice how his crosshair will follow an enemy while staring through the wall until he comes around the corner)
(3) perfect accuracy and general blatant aimbotting from 1:50-2:30

DEMO LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/in8zmc

Note: if you would like more evidence to be sure, I have more demos available.

dgoodman

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Note: if you would like more evidence to be sure, I have more demos available.

Please do. I've looked over the first one and definitely think your right. Since you already have the demos made it can't hurt to look at them too before deciding. tyty.

Edit: Looking at it again I'm going to go ahead and ban. I'm still interested in seeing those other demos tho.

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm a little disappointed with this, but it's understandable. I'll try explaining, but I've a feeling I'm going to be met with hostility, regardless of how I go about it...

Firstly, keep in mind that I have about 200 ping when I normally play, so a lot of those shots seemed like they missed (I'm not sure if you even care about those shots, though? It seems like you have a grasp on how lag compensation works.)

That being said, let's start with the first point; twitching? Circling on a target with a weapon (You'll notice I do that with the scattergun too, and my revolver, if you have any demos of me going spy) means violent twitching? Maybe the demo caught that poorly? I know it doesn't do the best of jobs recording, as you can clearly see when I hit people even though my pellets miss them by 20 feet...

Point 2, staring directly through a wall...? I wasn't staring at the enemy, I was staring at their spawn, and if you watch the demo (Listen, listen very closely past the heavies screams and spin-up of his minigun,), you can hear the enemy walking up, in this case it happened to be a soldier that was unfortunate enough to come by. When you play TF2 for a long time, you learn to use all your senses, instead of just sight. Sound can play a huge role in winning the game. To this day it amazes me how many spies decloak right behind someone, and how many people DON'T hear it, even in the middle of combat...

Point 3, I'm...Not even really sure how to argue that one? I missed a bunch of shots on the engie, I missed the scout on the first shot, there was a bunch of blatant failing in that last segment, so I'm not sure how it was "blatant aimbotting".

That being said, I respect an admins decision, I just want them to make an informed one. I'm sure I'm not the only one that circles a target when they're aiming, am I? If I am, maybe quirkiness alone is reason enough for a ban. :/

Only thing I've ever been guilty of on Skial is using mapexploits. (Getting inside the blu spawn as a spy via a teleporter), and that was quite, quite some time ago when I was bored...I also might be guilty of being a TAAAD annoying, but I wouldn't call that means for a ban, haha. :P

Closing statement; I respect an admins decision to ban someone based on information given. I remember watching a UGC judge not putting a scout into HoF because he thought he was aimbotting, based on the scouts nervous tick of bringing his crosshair "down" after shooting. Hopefully this will be repealed, but if not, it's been fun guys. :)

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'd like to see the other demos you have on this. I'm seeing a lot of lag twitch when he's moving around and stuff, but I don't see anything that says "aimbot" to me.

Also, the twitching when he's shooting may be due to a high dpi on his mouse. My dpi is about 5k and I twitch like that when I shoot too for the simple fact that I'm clicking like a mad man.

And Raccoon, you're right. You're kind of annoying. No offense, I just hate chatter on the mic.

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I have a high dpi mouse as well. I'd also enjoy seeing the demos as well, perhaps I can clear my name even more, it's not fun being accused of cheating merely because of quirks and knowing the mechanics.

:D I do have an awful habit of talkin'.

dgoodman

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
First off thanks for coming in and posting in a calm rational manner, its very appreciative.

1)

This video shows a heavy using a no-spread hack. You twitch in the same sort of manner and only occurs when you are firing. Like dyn582 said you even do it when aiming at non-moving targets like the teleporters. High DPI mouse or not that looks extremely suspicious to me. This was the main reason when I went ahead and banned you.

2) You do spend a good time looking at that wall even if you were listening for footsteps. I would think a normal person would at least look at the entrance way not a wall. Like I said tho the no-spread was what prompted me to go ahead and ban tho you are right just you staring at that wall wasn't 100% conclusive.

3)I didn't say it in my post but I never thought you were aimbotting. Once again what really prompted the ban was the no-spread.

I'm still interested in seeing the other demos as well as getting input from other admins that are prolly more experienced in identifying hacks. Thanks again for your post, we'll try to let you know shortly of a decision.

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'd kill for a nocrit server from skial...Or, from anyone, really heh.

The reason I look at the wall instead of the entryway? That's easy, TF2 sound technology doesn't count "walls" in a sense. If I look at entry way, I will hear the footsteps in my LEFT ear only, not the right ear, which makes it hard for me to judge where they are. If I look at the wall, I can easily hear them getting closer/further away. :) As for the teleporter/sentry, I don't need to circle around it at point-blank range, but after playing for so long and getting that in your system, well...Habit. Can't break it that easily, especially if the only reason for it is to make people believe I'm not aimbotting. Sorry, but even Skial can't break me of that habit. :/ In addition, if you notice, I circle the targets (whatever it may be, person or object) shortly after I'm done firing, so...I'm not quite sure what to say there at that point. I don't know too much about Darkstorm, or herlios, or whatever the heck people use (I only know darkstorm shows cloaked spies and it's injected into the game), but wouldn't it "stop twitching" when someone was shooting?

EDIT: After watching that video (at least for me) it looks more like the heavy really is twitching, where I circle around the target. :/ Not sure if that has any relevance to you guys, since the replay doesn't "pick up everything" since my internet is pretty laggy, but...Yeah.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
EDIT: After watching that video (at least for me) it looks more like the heavy really is twitching, where I circle around the target. :/ Not sure if that has any relevance to you guys, since the replay doesn't "pick up everything" since my internet is pretty laggy, but...Yeah.
It might be helpful to record a demo from your end and post it for the admins.

AKARaccoon

Scarcely Lethal Noob
If I record a demo of myself, will it show without the lag? Because, if not, you're going to be seeing pretty much the same thing...