Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
half blood. Go to the top left corner of your screen, and SEARCH for axemann or axmann. I am completely serious. This is rather important.

No, it is completely not. The fact that you consider it that way is very troubling. Reports received, no matter where they come from, should be acted on. If you're just patrolling the forums and think you're fulfilling your duties, then perhaps you ought to be a forum mod.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Because, as has just been confirmed on this page, reporting from game does fuck and all. Not everyone is going to take the extra time to make a forum account just to give you the heads up, nor should they have to.
248a52554e75d0ef73426e945ee8abd7.png

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Its important, because the arguement you're basing everything on, right now, is that the reports section of the forum isn't being paid any attention to. And I'm showing you, these people who you are having issues with are not being manually reported. If they had been, a report would have been there, and the issue would have been resolved rather quickly, instead you have 4 pages of you being mad about something that never occured in the first place.

half_bloodprince

Scarcely Lethal Noob
No, I'm not wasting anymore time trying to convince you guys what an awful person Axmann is, simply because nothing comes up in a forum search. He has TWO bans that perfectly state everything that myself and pigeon have told you about his character. We have had to have him muted/banned/silenced in game multiples times. Sure, someone could have gotten out of game and come over here to tell one of you that he was being an asshat ONCE AGAIN, but what good would that do? That would just lead to you guys making more excuses and more victim blaming because golly, there's nothing on this forum that says Axmann has done anything wrong, why would we ever ban him permanently? What would I, or Pigeon get from this if we were lying? All i want is to be able to enjoy playing fucking TF2 on the server that all of my other friends play on and not have to deal with asshats acting like they're eternally 12.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
the arguement you're basing everything on, right now, is that the reports section of the forum isn't being paid any attention to

Not even close to my argument. Actually closer to yours, which is "if people want someone reported, they should get on the forum and report manually."

If that's the case, pray tell, what is the !report function even doing there?

half_bloodprince

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So file a report here and you what? Ban him for 30 minutes? a day? He comes back, pulls the same shit again and then we're to what? do this never-ending fucking circle jerk of reporting someone that should've been permanently banned from the get go when he first pulled this shit

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So file a report here and you what? Ban him for 30 minutes? a day? He comes back, pulls the same shit again and then we're to what? do this never-ending fucking circle jerk of reporting someone that should've been permanently banned from the get go when he first pulled this shit
There is a system for bans and mutes the admins go by.

He'd be perma'd on his third offence, I think.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
No, I'm not wasting anymore time trying to convince you guys what an awful person Axmann is, simply because nothing comes up in a forum search. He has TWO bans that perfectly state everything that myself and pigeon have told you about his character. We have had to have him muted/banned/silenced in game multiples times. Sure, someone could have gotten out of game and come over here to tell one of you that he was being an asshat ONCE AGAIN, but what good would that do? That would just lead to you guys making more excuses and more victim blaming because golly, there's nothing on this forum that says Axmann has done anything wrong, why would we ever ban him permanently? What would I, or Pigeon get from this if we were lying? All i want is to be able to enjoy playing fucking TF2 on the server that all of my other friends play on and not have to deal with asshats acting like they're eternally 12.

Pay close attention now admins, because this is what is happening on your servers en masse. People don't !report because they have zero confidence in you. And your response is to shame them and demand they make it easier for you to do your job? What a fuckin' load.

half_bloodprince

Scarcely Lethal Noob
if it's a console mute it doesn't count cause this is initiated by the players in the server and not the admins
WHAT'S THE FUCKING USE THEN!?!?!? We vote to mute someone, which you know should alert you guys that there's some stupid shit going on, but hey! that doesn't count because the addddminnnsssss didn't do it themselves! But WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING THE SHIT TO YOU?!?!?!? What sort of messed up system is THAT?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Is the system perfect? No

Admins don't go around looking for trouble makers. If we did, we wouldn't have time for anything else. The report feature is there to easily report people for breaking the rules. If it doesn't work, people can manually make a report.

It doesn't get much better than that. If someone doesn't want to report someone, than we can't be at fault for that. Admins cannot be around 24/7.

We have to be doing something right since we are one of the most popular TF2 communities, if not the most popular one. You are blowing this way out of proportion.

And the half blood prince is way to emotional.

I am locking this thread. It has gone way off topic.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Just to clarify a few things.
votebans / votemutes don't get flagged up to admins, but they can be taken into consideration, and have in the past been taken into account when dealing with troublemakers.
votebans could be malicious, so without the proper evidence it is often hard to tell if genuine or not.
Yes, there is a kind of hive mind of admin, that is the point.. we all piss in the same pot, there are no lone stars here.
If you think there is a better way to go about dealing with issues, make a suggestion as to how to improve, don't bitch about the system that you applied to be part off.
You have shown a lack of control over yourself, a disdain for our system, and a potential to act out a vendetta. What's more your comments have offended most of our admin and not one that expressed a preference want to see this app go any further.
Considering all the above, it's not difficult to see why I have marked this denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.