Status
Not open for further replies.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yuck. Consider this application withdrawn. I have no interest in working with people that are keener on stroking one another than admitting that neither they, nor the system they represent are flawless. I'll leave you with this, a comment sent to me by another server regular who supported my application and will remain anonymous, since I really don't trust you guys to not go for their throat now either.

EDIT: Before the claim gets made, no, this was not the same person that gave up on 2FORT earlier.
pretty sure everybody saw this coming.
and oh yeah. We are flawless bb.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
Yeah Cr33p, it's pretty funny when women get sexually harassed and berated on the internet. Hope that app goes well for you, looks like you're on the right wavelength, anyway.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If sexism is a problem for them they could always, you know, just not tell anyone but their actual friends their gender.

Also, we keep telling you this but you dont seem to understand.
IF you report these people to us with sufficient evidence, something is always done.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Pretty sure I never said we were flawless. Pretty sure you're trying to make me look like a horrible person for trying to give you constructive criticism.

Pretty sure you never actually responded about my like, 5 posts regarding demos.

Pretty sure there's a rule about rampant sexism, but you've not given me any hard evidence about it, I'd love to look over it, if you have some.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
If sexism is a problem for them they could always, you know, just not tell anyone but their actual friends their gender.

Also, we keep telling you this but you dont seem to understand.
IF you report these people to us with sufficient evidence, something is always done.

Sorry Sroy, I actually liked you dude. But what you're saying don't make no sense. In order to avoid being harassed, these people should just NEVER use microphones? They should just cater to the people that harass them? Come on now. Those people shouldn't be there to begin with.

And I'm sorry, but that's just not true. I've reported plenty of times with plenty of evidence, even watched an admin sit on the server after I called him, listen to the guy abusing people and do nothing. The system is not flawless, and it is a huge problem that every admin seems to think it is.

half_bloodprince

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Oh? and how well does that go over when we're on mic, chatting with others? Should I keep my fucking mouth shut and not use mic because I'm a woman like the person Pigeon quoted? Or should I try to rough up my voice so i can sound like i have a dick?

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
Pretty sure I never said we were flawless. Pretty sure you're trying to make me look like a horrible person for trying to give you constructive criticism.

Pretty sure you never actually responded about my like, 5 posts regarding demos.

Pretty sure there's a rule about rampant sexism, but you've not given me any hard evidence about it, I'd love to look over it, if you have some.

You're right, you didn't come right out and say "we're flawless." But you do clamp your hands over your ears any time I try to respond to your criticism, which is a problem. As I've said before (as recently as one post ago) lots of people, myself included, have attempted to use the report and demo systems, but sometimes it just doesn't work. That's why you need admins in the first place, otherwise the report system could be entirely automated and as soon as it determined there was enough evidence it would auto-ban. But that's not the way it is, because that way doesn't work.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You're right, I approached that wrong and I apologize. I didnt take into consideration using a mic since the majority of players dont, at least from what I have experienced.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I agree with you, the report system doesn't always work, when you provide insufficient evidence. What does work is adding @Ruelel and telling him there's a problem.

I'm not clamping my hands over my ears about criticism, I've seen no real criticism from you, just you getting angry that the report system isn't working, and for that I've given you at least 2 options to fix that for you.

1. Add Ruelel, maybe if I say it a few more times you'll listen.
2. Add me, and I'll deal with things, even if I'm not home.

Are those sufficient for you? Or do you feel like you need to try and put things into my mouth again.

Reactions: Chance

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I haven't seen a report about sexism in weeks, unless I just haven't been paying attention. I'd love to mute people for both sexism and racism, but if I don't know it's happening, I can't do anything. I actually do like 2fort but I usually play on TX Fast because that server is usually breaking several rules and nobody but Cr33p3r or Shoe reports it

If you want you can add me and I'll happily take care of those problems

Reactions: Chance

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
You're right, you didn't come right out and say "we're flawless." But you do clamp your hands over your ears any time I try to respond to your criticism, which is a problem. As I've said before (as recently as one post ago) lots of people, myself included, have attempted to use the report and demo systems, but sometimes it just doesn't work. That's why you need admins in the first place, otherwise the report system could be entirely automated and as soon as it determined there was enough evidence it would auto-ban. But that's not the way it is, because that way doesn't work.

It takes less than 5 minutes to make a manual report. Manual reports get handled the same, and the success rate is pretty high. The /report system in server actually requires people to pass the vote, but some overlook it. It takes an admin less than 5 minutes to usually respond to a report, and it gets resolved as well.

Also, you can add me if you need anything as well. I'm usually on most of the time

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
THE SYSTEM IS ONLY FLAWED WHEN YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT.

Jesus Christ, man.

I haven't seen a report about sexism in weeks, unless I just haven't been paying attention. I'd love to mute people for both sexism and racism, but if I don't know it's happening, I can't do anything. I actually do like 2fprt but I usually play on TX Fast because that server is usually breaking several rules and nobody but Cr33p3r or Shoe reports it

If you want you can add me and I'll happily take care of those problems

That's because nobody cares enough to report anymore, because nothing gets done. And hey, if you ever want to play a game I'll add you (I'm actually pretty nice--ask the people on the server I was applying for), but I won't be going to any great lengths to help the admin team anytime soon.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
It takes less than 5 minutes to make a manual report. Manual reports get handled the same, and the success rate is pretty high. The /report system in server actually requires people to pass the vote, but some overlook it. It takes an admin less than 5 minutes to usually respond to a report, and it gets resolved as well.

Also, you can add me if you need anything as well. I'm usually on most of the time

I do know all of this, I promise. And again, I will add you if you ever want to game. But I have to restate, from my experience and what I've heard from others, the report system is not nearly as effective as you believe it to be.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
See, you're putting words into my mouth again. If you don't have enough evidence, we need to respond immediately. Though, to be fair the knee jerk reaction should be to hit ~ and to type record "name". Its much easier in the long run that way.

You've now had 4 admins offer to help you, and yet you still hate us. We get things done, we've shown that time and time again.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Senseless to continue arguing, you stated that you "considered this application withdrawn". Until you develop some more maturity and patience, it's a -1 for me.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
See, you're putting words into my mouth again.

I agree with you, the report system doesn't always work, when you provide insufficient evidence.

The system is only flawed when you're not doing it right.

Explain to me how this does not translate into what I said and I will apologize. Also, "hate" is a very strong word, not one I'd use. In my last two posts, I offered to game with the folks commenting, both admins. Just because I don't think you're doing your job right doesn't mean I think you're a bad person.

EDIT: But to be clear, if you're one of these that like to accommodate the aggressor instead of the victim, then yes I do think you're a bad person.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've reported plenty of times with plenty of evidence, even watched an admin sit on the server after I called him, listen to the guy abusing people and do nothing. The system is not flawless, and it is a huge problem that every admin seems to think it is.
Can you show us these reports?

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Please do explain how I'm not doing my job right? I've offered you a possible way around the reporting system, in every post I've made. And when have I said I like to accommodate an aggressor? I like to think by offering different options I've at least tried to be helpful. Though I feel you're not actually reading any of my posts, other than the few words you're quoting back to me over and over again.

Do I think the reporting system is flawed? Yes. Do I think we're not taking care of the reporting system to the best we can? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.