The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
Servers:
  • 2FORT | US
  • 5GORGE | US
  • DUSTBOWL | US
  • TURBINE+ | US | Fast
Time:
Daily between the hours of 11 AM and 1 AM Eastern Standard.

Hlstats:

Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No. I would be disappointed, but I understand these things happen.

How do you ban your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#STEAM_0:0:29999478" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"

Any other reason you should be admin:
I'm a level-headed guy and understand the difference between horsing around and disruptive behavior. I work in security and am trained in de-escalation tactics, which you might not think applies, but often does. Most players--like most people I've dealt with in my job--will settle down once warned. Still, I've certainly had to deal with people that were not cooperative, and I know when enough is enough.

I've had some experience with administration work, both as a guild leader in various games (all difficult to source, I know) and as the founder/administrator of /tg/'s Dawn of War League on Steam Community. The group is 2 years old and holding steady at just under 300 members. Although it runs largely autonomously of me now (through officers and moderators), I did put quite a bit of elbow grease into it to get it off the ground. Thankfully, throughout the history of the League, I've only ever had to ban one person for being a nasty bastard.

Also, I'm fun. :> I know lots of folks on the server that would, I believe, happily endorse my application. There are one or maybe two admins that I know of that occasionally cruise by the 2FORT | US server, but I think a slightly more constant presence would do it some good--particularly since 2Fort servers tend to be lightning rods for shenanigans--and I would like to be that presence.

Hope you guys and gals will consider me.​

Last edited:

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
Konata-chan, I am friends with Kyosuke. He is one of the admins that frequents the server. Hopefully he'll be along soon.

EDIT: I suppose it does, at that. I use voice chat more than text... in all of those messages I'm "taunting" people I love, haha. Most of whom will hopefully be along at some point to ratify that.

Reactions: Z-Man254

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I consider Pidgeon becuz he's a great guy and also a great player would be a great addition to the skial Admin mmbers of 2Fort
He would have to help on servers other than 2fort too ya know.

As for my input I would say -1 for now, if you would just tell me why you called this vote because it seems like you just didn't wanna hear this person. You don't need to tell me I would just like to know if it was valid or not.
zRihOXx.png

Also this one.
hvGtaNI.png

You seem to call quite a bit of votes and some of them don't look valid, I'm not saying they aren't I just wanna know if they were or if you were just fucking around.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
Hey Cr33p3rfreex. The first one I do not recall, though it seems to have something to do with a "Frostbyte"? The second one I recall quite vividly as a victory, haha. The person in question was horribly spamming over mic with one of those oh-so-hilarious digital audio cables and making the game a complete agony to listen to. Ah yes, "Axmann." He's a homophobic misanthrope that likes to vomit racism and sexist remarks at server regulars. As I said, Frostbyte I don't remember, but I certainly remember Axmann.

If your underlying question is, as it seems to be, whether I would mute someone simply because I don't like the sound of their voice, the answer is no.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hey Cr33p3rfreex. The first one I do not recall, though it seems to have something to do with a "Frostbyte"? The second one I recall quite vividly as a victory, haha. The person in question was horribly spamming over mic with one of those oh-so-hilarious digital audio cables and making the game a complete agony to listen to. Ah yes, "Axmann." He's a homophobic misanthrope that likes to vomit racism and sexist remarks at server regulars. As I said, Frostbyte I don't remember, but I certainly remember Axmann.

If your underlying question is, as it seems to be, whether I would mute someone simply because I don't like the sound of their voice, the answer is no.
Thank you for explaining those, I am changing mine to a +1.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+0, will change if your ban command description is fixed, while it may not seem like much, it is crucial that the description is accurate in case banned user wants to appeal.

PS. your command isn't wrong but the reasoning for ban / description isn't right, as asked, you need to fulfill the procedures of banning an aimbotter.

I must also add:
The second one I recall quite vividly as a victory, haha. The person in question was horribly spamming over mic with one of those oh-so-hilarious digital audio cables and making the game a complete agony to listen to. Ah yes, "Axmann." He's a homophobic misanthrope that likes to vomit racism and sexist remarks at server regulars. .

How come ya didn't report him then?

Last edited:

mandolin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Pigeon would make a great admin. This Skial server is basically the only place I play and he's a pretty frequent face. He's reasonable and I've never seen him treat anyone poorly. Any time Pigeon goes on the offensive against someone, it's because he was standing up to someone acting cruel or foolish.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
How come ya didn't report him then?

Fair question. The reality is, I don't always have confidence that there's someone listening on the other end. That isn't meant to be a jab at any of Skial's existing admins, I know it is an endless and thankless task and no group of individuals could hope to be everywhere at once. I suppose I felt that once the immediate solution had been achieved (a 30-minute ban from the server, voted through properly), he might at least settle down. While he is never pleasant, he is occasionally silent.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I suggest you add to your application your previous admin experience, if any.

Also, why voteban Axmann when you could have votemuted him for racism/micspam?
Even if the vote passed, you could've still reported him (if valid, he'd be silenced properly).

I'll pitch in my opinion when I see more feedback from the regs of your server. Good luck!

Reactions: The Ur Pigeon

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
I suggest you add to your application your previous admin experience, if any.

Will do.

why voteban Axmann when you could have votemuted him for racism/micspam?
Even if the vote passed, you could've still reported him (if valid, he'd be silenced properly).

Repeat offender known for griefing his own team as well as the other. You're right, I should have reported him.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: TapTap

Scur

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
-1. you have no admin friends. add at least one and I will -0. your time on Skial servers, however, is excellent.

from your chat logs you seem to be quite disrespectful.

I suppose I could see you coming to a conclusion like that, but I'm positive anything you may have read in chat logs that seemed disparaging was not only said in jest to friends, but taken as jest from a friend. I've played many, many hours on 2fort with Pigeon, and never have heard him say anything cruel or disrespectful. He is one of the most level-headed and fair fellows I've played with, and I look forward to many more hours enjoying his company, along with many of the other good-natured regulars on skial's 2fort US server. +1 for being an asset to the server.

Chives

Mildly Menacing Medic
I agree with the others that pigeon would be a wonderful addition to the skial admin group. I am a reguler of the US skial server and often see pigeon on. He also frequents one of the Turbine servers as well. He treats the other people in the servers very well and tends to be a happy addition to the server. When he does cast votes he usually casts them on people who are a disturbance to the other people on the server and not for personal issues. All in all i think Pigeon would do a good job as a server Admin.

Spirit ~

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Only playing on the Skial 2FORT|US server for the time that I have been, I have yet to see anyone better than pigeon for admin. While playing he tries to keep the server peaceful, interesting, and organized while dealing with trolls and whatnot. He is on more than enough to take care of any admin duties aswell as have fun like usual. For the time I've known pigeon he has only been kind, thoughtful, cooperative and a outgoing player and friend. I also would like to comment on the stuff said about his chat. Everything posted in chat tends to be alot of goofing around and having fun seeing how the server is always full with regulars who know each other quite well. In conlusion I give a big +1 for this guy as our next 2FORT|US Skial admin!

Last edited:

west2pups

Mildly Menacing Medic
He's the chillest OG guy ever. +1 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.