CarterTHC

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
+1
Kael is one of the nicest and best Snipers I've ever played with on the Skial.com 2Fort LA Server or any server for that matter. I have been a Steam member for over 13 years, so I've played on many other 2fort servers. The Skial 2Fort LA Server has been one of my favorite servers because of players like Kael. I have been friends with Kael on Steam for quite some time now and have never seen him bad mouth or put down anyone. He treats everyone with respect and gives them the kindness and fair treatment they deserve, even when he's extremely dominating them, which happens often. In my eyes he would be the best choice as Admin or Moderator for any Skial server. If I could give him a +10 I would.

Dimitri

Toxik

Contributor
Just realized this is the Kael that's been headshotting me non-stop since I picked up TF2 again

+1, skilled and friendly, seems to get along great with regs

Reactions: RMSniper and Kael

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Player 1 DaivdBaekr ( has 36 prior 30min server vote mutes)
Player 2 shoo (has prior 1 day ban)

Let say your on a mostly full server ( 2Fort +LA FAST ), the 2 players are "kids". Both of them are medics and only healing each other and keep going after the Intel. The 2 players are the lowest on the score board and the server is complaining that they not healing anyone else.

The server also knows that the 2 are "kids" because they have been using the mics and some of the players do not want to hear the kids on the mics so player TheCannibalAlex has been trying to vote mute/ban the 2 players 6 times in the last 10 min unsuccessfully.

What do you do in these situations? If you use any commands, target the player with their SteamID.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I would explain to the two "kids" that what they're doing is considered griefing (by refusing to heal team members) and is against the rules. If they continued, I would issue a 30 minute ban for griefing using the commands sm_ban "#[U:1:89984258]" 30 "Griefing" and sm_ban "#[U:1:98790638]" 30 "Griefing" however if shoo's prior ban was for the same offense, I would extend the ban for another 24 hours.

From there (assuming they're still on the server) I would encourage all players who don't wish to hear them to mute them themselves by either esc>mute icon or /ignore playername (after explaining that /ignore will also mute their chat) as they have the right to use the mic just like everyone else as long as they're not mic spamming.

I would then first check TheCannibalAlex's stats to see if he has any previous offences for vote spam. If not, I would explain to him what he's doing is considered vote spam as they have not broken any rules by talking and would direct him towards the mute option where he may personally mute whoever he pleases. If I find that he has prior vote spam offences, I will gag him with a duration based on what his prior offences display (we'll say 24 hours) using sm_gag "#[U:1:241967812]" 1440 "votespam"

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I would explain to the two "kids" that what they're doing is considered griefing (by refusing to heal team members) and is against the rules. If they continued, I would issue a 30 minute ban for griefing using the commands sm_ban "#[U:1:89984258]" 30 "Griefing" and sm_ban "#[U:1:98790638]" 30 "Griefing" however if shoo's prior ban was for the same offense, I would extend the ban for another 24 hours.

Incorrect. It may not be nice to heal other players but the 2 players are not griefing. Also ban length is wrong. See below.

From there (assuming they're still on the server) I would encourage all players who don't wish to hear them to mute them themselves by either esc>mute icon or /ignore playername (after explaining that /ignore will also mute their chat) as they have the right to use the mic just like everyone else as long as they're not mic spamming.

Correct.

I would then first check TheCannibalAlex's stats to see if he has any previous offences for vote spam. If not, I would explain to him what he's doing is considered vote spam as they have not broken any rules by talking and would direct him towards the mute option where he may personally mute whoever he pleases. If I find that he has prior vote spam offences, I will gag him with a duration based on what his prior offences display (we'll say 24 hours) using sm_gag "#[U:1:241967812]" 1440 "votespam"

It would be more on the lines of "Vote Abuse". Did you not check SourceBans? TheCannibalAlex has a prior bans.

Ban Lengths

Here are the standard ban lengths. Use longer ban times based on the seriousness of the offense, or if the person plays rarely and would not be affected by a short ban time, or is a repeat offender.
  • 1 day
  • 3 days
  • 1 week
  • 1 month

Last edited:

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Incorrect. It may not be nice to heal other players but the 2 players are not griefing. Also ban length is wrong. See below.

Correct.

It would be more on the lines of "Vote Abuse". Did you not check SourceBans? TheCannibalAlex has a prior ban.

Ban Lengths

Here are the standard ban lengths. Use longer ban times based on the seriousness of the offense, or if the person plays rarely and would not be affected by a short ban time, or is a repeat offender.

• 1 day
    3 days
    1 week
    1 month

Ah okay, understood. I figured it would be considered griefing due to it could in a way prevent the team from pushing forward but it's understandable.

And That's what I meant, Vote Abuse!

Also I thought the people being used in the questions were just theoretic, I didn't realize you actually wanted me to inspect them. My apologies.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

From face value, this application looks strong, but after those questions and your prior attitude - I'm not sure.
Though, in my opinion, you were asked questions too early - your answers don't give me much hope.
I'm also not sure that you're the kind of person who would operate within the circle very well... quick to be brash.
No worries, I see how this circle operates. Remove my app please. Thanks

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Wait a sec. I had a legitimate question to a scenario to more see the general person that the applicant might be. Yet it was deleted. Please explain.

Mr. Socko

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
-1, I think the questions asked by Dave were easy enough(specially the ban length), which you should have been familiar with since you applied for an admin position. You never tried to report any players until you applied for an admin position. Makes me believe you are just applying for personal gain instead of helping the community.

Last edited:

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
-1, I think the questions asked by Dave were easy enough(specially the ban length), which you should have been familiar with since you applied for an admin position. You never tried to report any players until you applied for an admin position. Makes me believe you are just applying for personal gain instead of helping the community.

I disagree due to the fact that this can easily be taught yet being an asshole can't be changed. And he seems like a nice enough fellow to me.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I understand. I will agree that I was quite brash, however I've been doing my best to change that. I don't have many past reports simply due to ignorance. I didn't know there was a report function until I had made my first application. I believe I do have a few reports since then. I will not agree that I'm applying for personal benefit. I don't see how I would gain any form of personal benefit other than satisfaction that I've assisted the community to better it. However, I can do that as a normal member and will continue too either way.