shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor

From face value, this application looks strong, but after those questions and your prior attitude - I'm not sure.
Though, in my opinion, you were asked questions too early - your answers don't give me much hope.
I'm also not sure that you're the kind of person who would operate within the circle very well... quick to be brash.
you kidding me dude we have admins that make this guy's attitude look like god himself

Reactions: Mr.Sm3x and T-Wayne

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
It would be more on the lines of "Vote Abuse". Did you not check SourceBans? TheCannibalAlex has a prior bans.

I may have missed something but I don't think you mentioned a previous ban for me in the scenario. I know I haven't actually been banned at any time. Just a little confused.

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I disagree due to the fact that this can easily be taught yet being an asshole can't be changed. And he seems like a nice enough fellow to me.

First of all, I agree being an asshole is generally a bad thing. However, anyone can change no matter what state they are. People are not born assholes, but are brought up to be. By theory, they can change so there is no need to call anyone asshole @JohnnyGaloshes.

Anyways, as to the "OP" is not an asshole, and to @Luke, you need to understand that people that generally get answers wrong, does not mean they will not become a good admin. His chat is clean, making reports, and to me, seems like a pretty nice guy and is NOT broken. We need more of this, and less of what we have already. Thank you so much for reading, and peace be with all.

"If your opponent strikes with fire, counter with water, becoming completely fluid and free-flowing. Water, by its nature, never collides with or breaks against anything. On the contrary, it swallows up any attack harmlessly."

Dolph1n

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
First of all, I agree being an asshole is generally a bad thing. However, anyone can change no matter what state they are. People are not born assholes, but are brought up to be. By theory, they can change so there is no need to call anyone asshole @JohnnyGaloshes.

Anyways, as to the "OP" is not an asshole, and to @Luke, you need to understand that people that generally get answers wrong, does not mean they will not become a good admin. His chat is clean, making reports, and to me, seems like a pretty nice guy and is NOT broken. We need more of this, and less of what we have already. Thank you so much for reading, and peace be with all.

"If your opponent strikes with fire, counter with water, becoming completely fluid and free-flowing. Water, by its nature, never collides with or breaks against anything. On the contrary, it swallows up any attack harmlessly."

You can't expect to get admin if you submit an application with no knowledge of how punishments are distributed on these servers. While admins can change the duration of punishments, it's still imperative to know the base punishment durations. I agree that he has a good chat and all that, but it's kind of discouraging to see his responses to the questions that @Dave asked.

+0 for now. Impress me.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
The ban durations was simply something I overlooked. As for the medic situation, I feel it could be confusing. It could be considered griefing as they are in a way preventing their team from advancing their position which the rules state "Refusing to help advance your teams position for a long time" is considered friendlying or griefing. However being that it's a 2fort fast server, I honestly wouldn't see an issue with it so I can see how it can not be considered greifing at the same time. Perhaps I'm simply just overthinking the situation.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
The ban durations was simply something I overlooked. As for the medic situation, I feel it could be confusing. It could be considered griefing as they are in a way preventing their team from advancing their position which the rules state "Refusing to help advance your teams position for a long time" is considered friendlying or griefing. However being that it's a 2fort fast server, I honestly wouldn't see an issue with it so I can see how it can not be considered greifing at the same time. Perhaps I'm simply just overthinking the situation.
It did also state that they were trying to capture the intelligence. They may not be advancing their own team but they are attempting to get behind the enemy and grab the intelligence which could be possible as a medic combo Especially if you have like uber saws or something.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
It did also state that they were trying to capture the intelligence. They may not be advancing their own team but they are attempting to get behind the enemy and grab the intelligence which could be possible as a medic combo Especially if you have like uber saws or something.

Ah, that's true.

zef

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'd vouch for Kael. So many nights of shooting stars straight to the brainz..

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I completely agree that the racist stuff is old, and shouldn't effect his application. However, I mentioned it because on Dolph1n's admin application, which was a week ago, Sargent
said this:"EDIT: You pointed this out yourself but you should know better, we cannot accept admins who are publicly racist, sorry"

Dolph1n

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I completely agree that the racist stuff is old, and shouldn't effect his application. However, I mentioned it because on Dolph1n's admin application, which was a week ago, Sargent
said this:"EDIT: You pointed this out yourself but you should know better, we cannot accept admins who are publicly racist, sorry"
You're trying to gravedig something from half a year ago. The reason my app was denied was because my bit of racism was a week prior to the app. 1 week=/=6 months.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
You're trying to gravedig something from half a year ago. The reason my app was denied was because my bit of racism was a week prior to the app. 1 week=/=6 months.

January 25th 2017 isn't 6 months ago...
The fact that sargent said they don't accept racism from admins sets a precedent, doesn't it?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
January 25th 2017 isn't 6 months ago...
The fact that sargent said they don't accept racism from admins sets a precedent, doesn't it?
You're misunderstanding. no one is going to remember what a guy did 6+ months ago (in this case, that's Kael) so there's no reason you should be chewing on or even asking about it. I said what I said because he was racist at the time he applied. The same applies for Kael when he first applied, that is not the case anymore. Skial doesn't assume "Once a racist, always a racist" (unless it's with people who've been permasilenced for it after 6-7 accounts of racism). We get reports for racism on a daily, should we just keep silencing them because we think they're still racist? Not only would that be an abundant waste of time but it'd look absolutely ridiculous as well.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
You're misunderstanding. no one is going to remember what a guy did 6+ months ago (in this case, that's Kael) so there's no reason you should be chewing on or even asking about it. I said what I said because he was racist at the time he applied. The same applies for Kael when he first applied, that is not the case anymore. Skial doesn't assume "Once a racist, always a racist" (unless it's with people who've been permasilenced for it after 6-7 accounts of racism). We get reports for racism on a daily, should we just keep silencing them because we think they're still racist? Not only would that be an abundant waste of time but it'd look absolutely ridiculous as well.

I completely agree. Just wanted it clarified so it doesn't bother his application in the future. Somebody has to be the Devil's Advocate.

Baby Hoods [superdino909]

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1 to you Kael. I always see you in the 2Fort server, so I already know how much you love it there. (Also, pls don't ban me when I rocket jump around if you ever become admin lol)