Status
Not open for further replies.

hooplah523

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
You don't get banned for playing the game that is not griefing. No admin will ban you for killing a friendly. They are the ones griefing not you so they will get banned
They start votes to voteban people from the server if you're going against the grain. Thats just what happens. Its not an admin. Its the server

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Admins can and will unban for this and punish the person who started the vote.

As an aside, becoming an admin means you will become a "destroyer of fun" for certain people, namely, friendlies.

*Cough*Mittens*Cough*

Anyway, -1 from what I've seen. I hate friendlies with a burning passion and you kept doing it after you knew it was wrong.

hooplah523

Admins can and will unban for this and punish the person who started the vote.

As an aside, becoming an admin means you will become a "destroyer of fun" for certain people, namely, friendlies.
That's fine, I'm okay with that. I know how I would handle a situation like that. And if an admin wants me to explain that further, I will.

*Cough*Mittens*Cough*

Anyway, -1 from what I've seen. I hate friendlies with a burning passion and you kept doing it after you knew it was wrong.
Why are you mentioning mittens? Is he considered a destroyer of fun now? Yes, hes the one that banned me. Yea, I was annoyed at the time, but mostly because the kid that was harassing me didn't get any kind of punishment from skial or valve - he continued playing on the server while I was banned and he didn't learn his lesson cause he continued to harass me every game after that.
And yea, I admitted to playing a friendly class once or twice after the fact. Like you've never done anything wrong in your life?

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's fine, I'm okay with that. I know how I would handle a situation like that. And if an admin wants me to explain that further, I will.

Why are you mentioning mittens? Is he considered a destroyer of fun now? Yes, hes the one that banned me. Yea, I was annoyed at the time, but mostly because the kid that was harassing me didn't get any kind of punishment from skial or valve - he continued playing on the server while I was banned and he didn't learn his lesson cause he continued to harass me every game after that.
And yea, I admitted to playing a friendly class once or twice after the fact. Like you've never done anything wrong in your life?

I was referencing Mittens being the guy who bans most friendlies. Also just mute the guy bothering you and ignore him in chat, not that hard.

hooplah523

I was referencing Mittens being the guy who bans most friendlies. Also just mute the guy bothering you and ignore him in chat, not that hard.

This is what happened in June. He hasn't been on hightower much lately, but I don't see how that still justifies how he was acting.
When things like that happen to anyone, they should be taken care of.. It shouldn't be that the person being "attacked" needs to just turn the other cheek.. Idk I just hope I'm not coming off as being hostile.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
It is always assumed that TF2 on all of our normal play servers should be played objectively. Straying from the objective to spycrab, friendly, or any other kind of shenanigans is punishable. If 23/24 people are enjoying a friendly party and 1 person starts killing them all, that person isn't in the wrong. Everyone else is in the wrong.

Am I going to go in there and ban 23 people? If I have to I will, but the friendly party will be broken up one way or another.

ShadedG

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1

I for one don't think people on here understand what skials hightower is like :P I've seen her play on there before and she's always polite as well as talks with other players in a friendly tone. I don't think I've ever heard her curse or get angry at anyone once and the friendly heavy thing is not very rare on the server,people do it all the time.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
+1

I for one don't think people on here understand what skials hightower is like :p I've seen her play on there before and she's always polite as well as talks with other players in a friendly tone. I don't think I've ever heard her curse or get angry at anyone once and the friendly heavy thing is not very rare on the server,people do it all the time.
Then report them, it's bannable. When enough people get banned people will get the idea and stop....hopefully

I was PMSing, sorry.
Lets emotions get the best of her. Got it.

That's what happens on hightower
"I'll let the friendlying continue/join the friendlying because the people on Hightower are used to breaking the rules.":seriously:

*Sigh* I don't think you understand sir. This is hightower we're talking about. You know, the place people go to to have fun? We really only attempt to ban people on there if they're being annoying or just straight up arguing instead of playing and having fun
So...the hightower regulars voteban people who argue...and regularly friendly even though both of those are against the rules?

ShadedG

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Then report them, it's bannable. When enough people get banned people will get the idea and stop....hopefully

*Sigh* I don't think you understand sir. This is hightower we're talking about. You know, the place people go to to have fun? We really only attempt to ban people on there if they're being annoying or just straight up arguing instead of playing and having fun

hooplah523

Lets emotions get the best of her. Got it.

"I'll let the friendlying continue/join the friendlying because the people on Hightower are used to breaking the rules.":seriously:

So...the hightower regulars voteban people who argue...and regularly friendly even though both of those are against the rules?

It's really cute when you do that thing where you put words in my mouth.

Am I not allowed to have feelings and be human?
Am I not allowed to make any mistakes?
Really. Please. Educate me.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
It's really cute when you do that thing where you put words in my mouth
You admitted on multiple occasions that you friendly because it's what the people on the server are currently doing. You admitted this while in an admin application.
You even go as far as applying for admin less than a week after breaking a rule that you previously got banned for prior to that.
You then heavily imply in your admin application that you let your emotions get the better of you, a bad quality for admins.
You refuse to report people for breaking the rules because you "don't want to make them upset" then expect to be given powers to ban people (which would obviously make them upset)

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you're making yourself look bad by yourself.

Am I not allowed to make any mistakes?.

Normally, when people make mistakes they..I dunno...LEARN FROM THEM.
Your original ban from whenever ago was for friendlying. What do you do a couple days ago? Friendly again. That's not learning from your mistakes. That's just showing that you're going to be a repeat offender.

welp hes back to doing it again... idk.. i know a lot of ppl that play specifically on this server.. and it gest full pretty fast... kinda annoying when someone wants to play and someone else is just running in circles..
One last thing I'll add to the friendlying debate...the applicant is a hypocrite. I'll stop this discussion now but I had to add this last comment.

Edit: If ya'll read further into the thread, you'll notice that they informed me we still have an idle server. I thought that they were taken away or something because of the item drop issue. It's something I misinterpreted. But please, continue to rate this as dumb. :D
Edit: Please continue to rate my post as dumb. The dumber I am, the smarter you are :D
Complaining about what ratings she got in her admin app lol

hooplah523

You admitted on multiple occasions that you friendly because it's what the people on the server are currently doing. You admitted this while in an admin application.
You even go as far as applying for admin less than a week after breaking a rule that you previously got banned for prior to that.
You then heavily imply in your admin application that you let your emotions get the better of you, a bad quality for admins.
You refuse to report people for breaking the rules because you "don't want to make them upset" then expect to be given powers to ban people (which would obviously make them upset)

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you're making yourself look bad by yourself.

Let me reiterate something I said earlier:
"
Please let me know what else I have to defend myself against. I have reasons for what I do and how I act, and when I don't have reasons, I'm honest and come clean/admit to being wrong.
Yes. I was wrong for playing a friendly class on one or two occasions after being banned for 24hrs.
No, I didn't do that with the intent of hurting someone or angering someone. I maybe played as a friendly class for 5 minutes til I got bored of it anyway. I don't spend entire games as a friendly class. And I did it when there was still room on the server for people to join. It was a late night thing. I wasn't keeping anyone from joining the server.
As far as the mutes, just to reiterate, I don't recall being muted.
If I was an admin on hightower, I would warn people playing a friendly class whether or not they're on my friends list. I understand that being an admin will require me to mute/ban people and it will cause some people to hate me. I feel like I've earned enough respect from the players on this server regardless of the few that like to try and harass/bully me off the mic.
I get that I probably won't get any position this time around, but, I want to try and clear the air before this thread is closed.

"

Would you rather me lie and say that I've never played friendly before? I'd rather come clean and admit to it.
I broke the rule for maybe 5 minutes tops. It was late at night. The server wasn't even all that full, so I wasn't taking up someones spot. After the friendly thing, it turned into a bloodbath, which I also explained.
I didn't heavily imply my emotions get the better of me. Yea, things that people say bother me, but I didn't lock myself in the bathroom and slit my wrists. Am I not allowed to get offended by some of the crap people say to me?
It's not that I "refused" to report them, it's that I didn't bother. It's kind of like the bystander effect. Sorry I wasn't as forceful when it came to reporting everyone on the server.

As far as the "repeat offender" charge goes, I admit that what I did was wrong, and I won't do it again. Shit happens. I'm only human. You act as though you're pristine and like you've never done the same wrong thing twice. Prior to being banned for playing as a friendly heavy, I didn't know it was against the rules. I didn't do it for a long time. I avoided playing heavy altogether even. But y'know what. People make mistakes. And I can only talk in circles for so long.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
You're really building up a huge case out of the smallest details, Shiny. There are things she needs to work on but it's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

In any case, I think the point is driving in circles now, so let's move onto something else.

Reactions: Astir

hooplah523

You're really building up a huge case out of the smallest details, Shiny. There are things she needs to work on but it's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

In any case, I think the point is driving in circles now, so let's move onto something else.

Thank you ^.^

VividDorian

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I can vouch for this application, i regular the hightower server a lot and find that people tend to overreact to any friendly happenings, to focus on any one incident is to take away from focusing on the MANY others that occur in the servers but go un reported which is a damn shame because many worse punishment worthy things have slipped through the admins reach quite a lot.

Shes very pleasant to have in the server when people can maintain their maturity, when the 12 year olds stop freaking out that shes a girl, (or genderless?) the server tends to always elevate its mood to a brighter one, would be cool to see her as an admin so long as she doesnt ban me when i start to dominate her.... +1

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So when everyone is playing friendly heavy, hanging out in the hallway, I'm supposed to go after them and kill them all? Then enrage them? Then possibly get banned for "greifing" because I'm upsetting them by playing by the rules? That's usually what happens on hightower and thats what needs to be regulated.

Edit: Please continue to rate my post as dumb. The dumber I am, the smarter you are :D

We're rating you dumb because you're saying dumb things. And this is a prime example of why.

hooplah523

We're rating you dumb because you're saying dumb things. And this is a prime example of why.

Okay, coolbeans
So me stating what actually happens on that server is dumb. Or me just talking is dumb. That's really wonderful :D
I'll go get some ice water for my burns

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Okay, coolbeans
So me stating what actually happens on that server is dumb. Or me just talking is dumb. That's really wonderful :D
I'll go get some ice water for my burns
No you're not getting the point, and I don't think you will. If you see someone breaking the rules then report them, you care too much about what people on the internet think about you.

hooplah523

No you're not getting the point, and I don't think you will. If you see someone breaking the rules then report them, you care too much about what people on the internet think about you.

I get that point. How many times do we have to talk in the same circle? The newer posts I've made show that I understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.