Status
Not open for further replies.

hooplah523

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
What Im trying to say you should be in a stable condition before playing on a online game base, have a thick skin. Because really, those people don't really care. So put on your big girl pants and report people if their doing something that's against the rules instead of joining them. Yeah, they might hate you but you win some and you lose some.

I was PMSing, sorry.

hooplah523

Well, give it a few more hours until more of the regulars show up.

Also, -1 for the reasons given by everyone.

Regulars for here? Orrrrrr for hightower? Cause I'm pretty sure hightower regulars don't even look at this page.

Regulars for here? Orrrrrr for hightower? Cause I'm pretty sure hightower regulars don't even look at this page.

You can always go and ask for application feedback on the server and see if anybody want to share their opinion about you as an admin. But other then that, this application is open until an admin either promotes you or closes the topic.

(Just don't beg or give out items for +1, we had someone do that before and that application didn't end up well.)

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
People from the forum generally judge applications made by non-forum regulars a little more harshly, because they haven't had time to get to know them well, know their character, disposition, etc.

This is probably going to get marked "Improve" which isn't a bad thing. You haven't done anything wildly terrible (like being a well-known racist, spammer, hacker) and the only thing going against you right now can be fixed. Like Zeebs said, go a while without breaking out into friendly parties (and that doesn't mean not getting caught) help make reports, and after some time has passed if you still feel like this is something you care about doing, re-apply.

Good luck!

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Rough crowd. Sounds like a lot of...

Either way, do you feel there is a need for admins on your server, or are you just applying since you think you'd be good at it?

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Listen, I don't like Drama Fortress 2. And I like to keep drama out of hightower. I've got enough IRL. You can't hold it against me if I'm just trying to keep some kind of peace for my own sake. Taking it upon myself to "do the right thing" when I'm not in the position of an admin would cause people to get pissy at me and bully me off the server. Which I've witnessed when it came to other people. I've been bullied off the server as well. It needs some kind of regulating.
Majority of rulebreakers won't see your report. It would require for them to be registered on the forums and online at the time you report it.
Or, you could go add an admin and message them about it. If you aspire to be an admin, do the right thing even if it's hard. Includes reporting people even though they'll get mad.

So when everyone is playing friendly heavy, hanging out in the hallway, I'm supposed to go after them and kill them all? Then enrage them? Then possibly get banned for "greifing" because I'm upsetting them by playing by the rules?
Yes. Kill friendlies, report if they continue; and then you can report them for vote abuse if they manage to voteban you.
Other than that, I can't do much more than restate this:
This is probably going to get marked "Improve" which isn't a bad thing. You haven't done anything wildly terrible (like being a well-known racist, spammer, hacker) and the only thing going against you right now can be fixed. Like Zeebs said, go a while without breaking out into friendly parties (and that doesn't mean not getting caught) help make reports, and after some time has passed if you still feel like this is something you care about doing, re-apply.

Good luck!

Your heart seems to be in the right place. Just need some improvement.
So a 0 from me.

hooplah523

You can always go and ask for application feedback on the server and see if anybody want to share their opinion about you as an admin. But other then that, this application is open until an admin either promotes you or closes the topic.

(Just don't beg or give out items for +1, we had someone do that before and that application didn't end up well.)

Well thats dumb. I wouldnt want to be an admin if I had to beg people to like me

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT
"
oh god no i meant for the thing in parenthesis!!!! giving people items for a +1 ;_;

not asking for feedback, thats what im going to do in a few minutes ;_; oh god

"

hooplah523

People from the forum generally judge applications made by non-forum regulars a little more harshly, because they haven't had time to get to know them well, know their character, disposition, etc.

Good luck!

Thank you ^.^

hooplah523

Majority of rulebreakers won't see your report. It would require for them to be registered on the forums and online at the time you report it.
Or, you could go add an admin and message them about it. If you aspire to be an admin, do the right thing even if it's hard. Includes reporting people even though they'll get mad.

Yes. Kill friendlies, report if they continue; and then you can report them for vote abuse if they manage to voteban you.
Other than that, I can't do much more than restate this:

Your heart seems to be in the right place. Just need some improvement.
So a 0 from me.

Thank you for your feedback ^.^

hooplah523

Rough crowd. Sounds like a lot of...

Either way, do you feel there is a need for admins on your server, or are you just applying since you think you'd be good at it?

I'm applying for both reasons. I added fluxcap as a friend and he said he'll be around more often which is great!

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
So when everyone is playing friendly heavy, hanging out in the hallway, I'm supposed to go after them and kill them all? Then enrage them? Then possibly get banned for "greifing" because I'm upsetting them by playing by the rules? That's usually what happens on hightower and thats what needs to be regulated.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read .

Status
Not open for further replies.