Pro life or Pro choice?

• Life

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Choice

Votes: 47 87.0%

• Total voters

Catt

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I think if the mom does not want the child, she can abort the child, no matter what reason. Especially if she's dealing with mental issues that prevents her from being a good mom. A child growing up without loving parents would be better off not being born at all.

Coffee Cosmonaut

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I feel that it's someone losing a life but at the same time, it should be the person's decision whether or not they'd want the procedure.

Coffee Cosmonaut

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I think if the mom does not want the child, she can abort the child, no matter what reason. Especially if she's dealing with mental issues that prevents her from being a good mom. A child growing up without loving parents would be better off not being born at all.
One could make the argument that she could send him to a foster home instead but I get what you're saying.

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
yeah but if you willingly wnated a child you wouldnt abort though. tthe only times woman really do abort is when its not willingly, ie a condom breaks or something. yes there are cases where woman get a abortion cause they changed their minds, but those are not quite as often as legitimate reasons
I suppose I could have phrased that better. In a lot of cases where the protection fails, there are ways to stop it before it goes full-blown(E.g, morning after pill). Pregnancy resulting because they knew the protection failed and yet still did nothing about it is still willfully.
I don't agree with this at all. An example I heard from a pro-choice advocate: a mom wants a late-term abortion because they've got a cruise coming up that she doesn't want to miss. That's irresponsible. The problem with any cut-and-dry statements is there is no room for the many gray areas. Saying abortion is allowed no matter what reason makes about as much sense as saying abortion is never allowed no matter what reason.

Catt

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I don't agree with this at all. An example I heard from a pro-choice advocate: a mom wants a late-term abortion because they've got a cruise coming up that she doesn't want to miss. That's irresponsible. The problem with any cut-and-dry statements is there is no room for the many gray areas. Saying abortion is allowed no matter what reason makes about as much sense as saying abortion is never allowed no matter what reason.
I don't understand how you can support a person like her getting a baby then. She obviously does not care about the baby.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
y are people saying that it hurts to have an abortion they have painkiller shit for that unless they dont but in that case the world has lied to me
also just abort them the spartan way

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I don't understand how you can support a person like her getting a baby then. She obviously does not care about the baby.
If it is that far along and she didn't abort it before that, why should she get to 22+ months into a pregnancy? That's like the woman who locked her kid in the car but wanted to drive home in a friend's car to get keys instead of allowing firefighters to break the window.
Maybe the cruise is something they saved their entire lives for, and under normal circumstances she wouldn't even dream of it. Who knows? It's still irresponsible. As a matter of fact, an abortion of this kind would be illegal under multiple state laws. There would have to be some good reason for it than "She'd be a terrible parent" or "I have a cruise that I don't want to miss!"

Saying abortion is allowed no matter what reason makes about as much sense as saying abortion is never allowed no matter what reason.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Oh man, don't get me started on sexism. MEN ARE NEVER VICTIMS OF SEXISM. EVER. They are the dominant gender in almost ANY society you find. Women go through pregnancy, for 9 months, they should get to chose if they want to or not. THAT'S IT.
You give cause for women to be treated as second class citizens. Women are the natural leaders within society it is only when you talk about the workplace that you see men come to the forefront as for families and communities it is always the women that steer the ship. The grand matriarch is always head of the table, and rightly so.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
When does life start? That is a question that has plagued humanity. We still do not know. Does it start after conception? After the first heartbeat? When they are out of the womb?

We may never know. Yet there are people in this world that decide when life starts. If they don't believe it is a human life, they are allowed to abort it. Abortion has existed for ages. They used to happen in small houses by people with hangers digging into a woman.

Nowadays, we have clinics that are allowed to do abortions legally. Everyday there are more and more abortions. An estimated 56 million abortions have occurred in America since 1973. Today it is still a issue being discussed. It is one of the factors in the splitting of this country between liberals and conservatives.

To Skial I pose the question: What is your stance on the issue?

Is this like a school essay that you tacked the Skial question onto the end?

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yeah, less than 1% of abortions occur because of rape.
[citation needed]

edit: Sorry, I am reading this thread for the first time. I see that you gave a source later, but, the 'source' is a Pro-Life website.

edit2: just decided I am not going to read 14 pages

Last edited:

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Implying most people end essays with a question.
I think he was implying I was giving an assignment and wanted an essay. He is calling me a teacher which, Idk, is flattering? Because I wouldn't mind teaching

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think he was implying I was giving an assignment and wanted an essay. He is calling me a teacher which, Idk, is flattering? Because I wouldn't mind teaching
No- I meant that it seemed like the OP was an essay that you wrote for school on abortion, and after you wrote it you were like, hey I should post this on Skial, so you copied it in then added the last sentence as a question to Skial.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
No- I meant that it seemed like the OP was an essay that you wrote for school on abortion, and after you wrote it you were like, hey I should post this on Skial, so you copied it in then added the last sentence as a question to Skial.
Nah, all I started was some background on abortion. I could bring up other points but enough has been said

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Statistics seem to prove that legal abortions reduces crime. As in less unwanted babies = less criminals.
http://freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/abortion-and-crime-who-should-you-believe/

It is also funny to me that most Pro-Lifers are also pro capital punishment. They don't want to kill another human until he has had a chance to live a miserable, criminal life.
Isn't that mostly a statistic based on speculation because we will never know how the life of an aborted baby will go?

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't plan on voicing my opinion on actual abortion but this is what I want to see:

1. Protected legal clinics that are welcoming to the patient.
2. Protestors should have to stand a certain distance away from the clinic to protect any patient coming in.
3. Abortion clinic workers should not be demonized and should be offered protection.

Many people are frightened out of the abortion business as it is very dangerous and there are people out there eager to destroy their buildings and their lives. We need safe places for patients to come to, because banning the legal clinics will only make the situation worse.