• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
514704.jpg

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
A single instance of good players wanting to play on the same team as friends will cause multiple of these kinds of posts, whereas a thousand cases of good players wanting to play against friends will cause none. Ergo, threads like this are not proof--nor even slightly good evidence--that the majority of players like to play on the same team as their friends. Not that hard of a concept.

I don't really think there's a point in having this argument if you can't accept that the average person tends to want to play on the same team with their friends. Have you not gone to grade and middle schools? Who did captains always pick first for their teams? Their friends regardless if they had the physical talents of a sloth.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
But in the end, if we were to put this thread into simpler terms.

"Leaving Skial until we make it against the rules to play with your friends."

The idea just sounds silly at best, asinine at worst.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I completely agree with Anta in that argument you 2 had.

So Cocoa, what if me and my friend Sboles want to play TF2 together on the same team? We're much better than average players, so you want to ban both of us just because we're good at the game, and we like to have fun? It's a stupid idea.

Yes, because that's exactly what I said. Thank you for reading any of my posts in this thread.

I don't really think there's a point in having this argument if you can't accept that the average person tends to want to play on the same team with their friends. Have you not gone to grade and middle schools? Who did captains always pick first for their teams? Their friends regardless if they had the physical talents of a sloth.

So your argument about what adults find fun in an online game full of random people is based on the fact that you were picked last during recess. Do I need to explain to you why that's a stupid argument?

Furthermore, do you really want me to explain the psychology behind that and why they're different or do you want to admit that you know nothing of the reasoning behind it and be done with it?

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is just one of those problems that comes and go. And a thread comes about and fades out. Skial is already well staffed. Do we not take care of hundreds of bans, reports and appeals? We really don't have to "worry," about "PubStomping." You go to ANY server and you're going to occasionally going to have a build up of good players. We have many other servers, even duplicates. If you (and your friend) don't like the team stackage, just leave the game and go to the same map on another freaking. server.

And you can't use "points," as an argument. What if he was there for an hour before you?

Dustbowl is an awkward map. It's long tight stretchs (mmm) and levels of platforms can be used as an advantage by either team. It depends on who gets there first and takes the high ground, which eventually ends up with one team holding a good position, and it's the other teams responsibility to break the entrenchment. In this case, it was a heavy holding your spawn with a medic. Why didn't you counter it with a medic? WHY DIDN'T ONE OF YOUR TEAM MEMBERS GO MEDIC? It's called TEAM Fortress. Converse, Mic-chat, Steam Message. Don't make a thread giving us a threat on why your team sucked.

Request to lock this thread.

Last edited:

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Request to lock this thread.

Don't make requests to lock threads. Moderators/Admins make that decision, not us.

As a side note for those that disagree, keep in mind that Bottiger hates when people lock topics too much. This has come from his mouth. If anything it would be moved to unmod and not locked.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
And you can't use "points," as an argument. What if he was there for an hour before you?

I think he meant for that round.

>Inb4 Grima and Based Chocobo think I'm supporting the OP again and not just correcting someone for being wrong

>Inb4 someone says that I can't inb4 my own post

>Inb4 someone makes a greentexting without green text remark

>Inb4 someone notes the number of inb4's

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Don't make requests to lock threads. Moderators/Admins make that decision, not us.

As a side note for those that disagree, keep in mind that Bottiger hates when people lock topics too much. This has come from his mouth. If anything it would be moved to unmod and not locked.
I know what you mean jedders. But how can did we make a 4 page thread about a simple problem that isn't really even a problem?