• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Fallen Leaves

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I had seen game play on youtube, but didn't have enough money to buy the game (I had Steam but never used it). So when I heard it went F2P I jumped at the opportunity and haven't regretted it since

Fishy_Hippos III

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I Got TF2 on disc back in December 2010 (I think) as a Christmas Present, (My friend suggested it to me and I watched the meet the team videos, which was before medic and pyro) 6 months later... F2P. I Have 3482 hours clocked since then, so you could say that its kept me around quite well, (although my laptop can't handle it very well at all, so looking to get an actual PC at some point).

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ex wanted to play portal so I bought the combo that had TF2. She got bored with portal so I gave TF2 a shot.....

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
About 15 years ago, my dad and I would play TFC, he played comp, and when orange box came out, we both got a copy. I played more than he did tho.
I miss TFC (HL, not Quake Version), back when medics could infect the enemy team :D
Don't completely miss the grenade spam though. Conc jumping used to be a true art form :)

I too came to TF2 through competitive TFC play.

Randy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I honestly don't know. I think I saw my brother playing it a long time ago and wanted to kick his ass so I bought it. I'm glad I did because TF2 is easily one of my favourite games

Centaur_Marauder

Mildly Menacing Medic
From 2002 to 2010 I was playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and was thinking its the "bestest" game on the planet until.. a noob friend of mine asked me to help him install TF2.. I installed the game and was like WOW this is even bestetser than ET.. that was the last day my PC had ET on it.. I formatted my PC and play TF2 everyday ever since..

Apple 3.14

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
When my brother still lived at my home. His friend came over and started playing it, and when he did I was pretty curious. When my brother left for college, I would go on the wiki and gawk at all the new items when I didn't know how to download stuff and run them (pretty young at that time). Then few years later, one of my friends told me to download Steam and that's when I was reminded of TF2 and downloaded it. When it finished downloading I was like "Yay! New items to try! I'm gonna wreck everyone!". Unfortunately, I was terribly wrong...

toxicdisorder

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I used to play TFC for a few years when I was younger. One day my dad got the orange box and well, of course that changed my life.

Sakiko

Contributor
Tf2 well, that was after a spell of the classic Team fortress most of the basics of tF2 none of the bling.

Anyone else remember the classic TF?

Raccoon99

Epic Skial Regular
I got into Valve games when i bought Portal 1. Then i saw my brothers playing TF2 on 2008 and then i got TF2 on 2010. Good times.

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I was an admin on a minecraft server for a short while, and while on skype with the rest of the admins, they all made fun of me for not playing tf2 or having steam. So I downloaded steam and got tf2 back when I had no mouse, and thus SasnarDash was born!

Newb

Mildly Menacing Medic
My introduction to TF2 is a pretty long explaination, but I think I can still do it.

So, one year ago, I was just a gaming addict 12-year-old. I still am, but that's besides the point. I wanted to play on a platform where I could play as many games as I want without leaving the platform, much like Nintendo or an Xbox. So, I started on Steam. A few months later, my friend started to play this game called Team Fortress 2. I thought it was boring, so I just continued to play the usual game I played (I don't play anymore..): Minecraft. A few weeks later, I started to play TF2, just because Minecraft started to get boring. I found out that TF2 was a great game to play on, even though I sucked... I couldn't even snipe a standing heavy. Later on, my friend quit, and moved to Garry's Mod & CS:GO (Obviously I play CS:GO too), right when I started to get good. I started to put money into the game (about 400-500$), yet my backpack isn't nearly as much as that.. I guess I should stop unboxing. My backpack was @ 40$ after uncrating. It was sad. But then, I started to work my way up to about 150$, just by trading and getting my friend's backpack (his was also 40$, yet he spent 100$).

That is my story of getting into the world of Team Fortress 2.