• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Khed

Positively Inhumane Poster
Mapper
I mean, how did you guys discovered the game? what atracted you to this game? I'm curious.

I got involved when I bought the famous Orange Box, I just wanted Portal and the Half life 2 games.
TF2 stood in the library, not installed for at least one week. I didn't even know what TF2 was about... until I decided to give it a try. God damn I fell in love with this game.

How about you?

Reactions: Chance

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Then I seen Gabe Newell and I was like....

EB8B48EA-058A-4A44-81EF-7E09DFD608AE_zpsxmfenwrc.gif

Reactions: sov

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I mean, how did you guys discovered the game? what atracted you to this game? I'm curious.

I got involved when I bought the famous Orange Box, I just wanted Portal and the Half life 2 games.
TF2 stood in the library, not installed for at least one week. I didn't even know what TF2 was about... until I decided to give it a try. God damn I fell in love with this game.

How about you?

I found out about it through Lego Star Wars when I was nine years old. The meet the spy trailer was on that disc. I watched it over and over and eventually saw all the other videos + the weird Gmod ones. Eventually, I bought Gmod as my second multiplayer non-preschool PC game ever (first being Roblox, keep in mind I was 9). I was into Nintendo and Microsoft consoles before this. Eventually I got addicted to Roblox for a few years and played Gmod a lot so that christmas I used my moms laptop, installed tf2 and loved it. The christmas after that, I got my own laptop (Now named Compy <3) instead of basically stealing my mothers. I started obsessing and spending tons of money on steam thereafter. Now I'm older and still Obsessed, Tf2 is the ONLY SINGLE GAME I still play religiously after 2.5 years. :3

Reactions: Khed

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Cousin was on steam a lot whenever I was over for holidays. He is the reason I got steam and how I discovered l4d. That originally led me to valve games like tf2. Eventually I was able to get steam working on a shitty PC. I could only run the training on tf2 but eventually I found a steady way to play and, 3300 hours later, I still log in and play everyday

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I saw brentalfloss's TF2 with lyrics video. The rest is history.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Parents bought me Orange Box for my birthday. I never even heard of Orange Box or any of the games included.

Installed all the games. I hated TF2 and stopped playing it. A year later i tried it again and i liked it.

Reactions: Khed

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
My first experience was seeing this video

It looked cool, but I didn't want to spend $20 or whatever it was for the Orange Box for the other games that I didn't care about.

But then- I heard it was going Free-To-Play. I made a Steam account and downloaded it the first day it was available.

I sure showed Valve. I waited it out and didn't have to pay for the Orange Box.

But since then I have purchased a Bill's Hat, Max's Head, Earbuds, and an unusual....

Reactions: sov and Khed

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I actually got a 3-day guest pass back in the day, didn't get to play it much, but then it went F2P and I never looked back.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
About 15 years ago, my dad and I would play TFC, he played comp, and when orange box came out, we both got a copy. I played more than he did tho.

Reactions: EvanFlew and Khed

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
A YouTube channel I watched made a series of videos the day it became free.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I was knowledgeable about some basic aspects of TF2 prior to playing: saw gmod videos, Meet the Team videos, the Gentlemen meme, and even cosplays at the first con I went to (and staffed) back in 2010. (I remember when I saw a Dr. McNinja cosplay, forgot who he was at the moment, and simply said "that Medic's a Spy!" lol)

IIRC, I purchased TF2 in Feb.2011

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I was quite late to the party, having been a hardcore Q3 and UT player for many years (Q3 since 2000 and UT since 2003) I was gifted the Orange box for xmas 2011. I found that I loved the team aspect as opposed to the fragfest that I was used to.

Reactions: Meowrisa