• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

TF2PublicFerret

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I'm not trying to speak for Bottiger here, but if I'm correct he doesn't implement fast respawn simply because he likes it. He implements it because it actually helps fill servers. From what I saw, the two payload servers that were up were starting to empty out. He swapped them over to fast respawn and 32 players and they started to populate more than I've seen in a long time.

Bottiger knows his shit when it comes to servers. If he felt fast respawn was causing more damage than good, he wouldn't be swapping the servers over to fast respawn.

Thing is I'm EU side, thankfully there hasn't been too many changes and some of the core maps are still vanilla. I saw this thread and it was relevant to me. I am just worried that Dustbowl, Goldrush, Badwater and Egypt might go the same way.

I have faith in Bottiger, I just hope things don't get too dire.

Bottiger

Administrator
It might seem easier to complain about these problems to us instead of Valve, but you are never going to accomplish your goal just by complaining to us or getting some random community to make the server you want.

We need to change and remove servers because if we don't, we will eventually lose all our players and waste money on empty servers. No matter how much you complain to us about it, we cannot stop doing this, and it is the same for every other community.

On the other hand, this is not a life or death situation for Valve. They could easily continue to operate without this quickplay change as they had for the past 6 years.

Last edited: