PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You mean I can't play my Windows games on my Mac?

By no means I know a lot about Macs, but I'm pretty sure there are some games that are not compatible with Mac. Also, Mac's specs are ridiculously low - the fanciest 27" iMac with i5 worth of $2k has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX as a video card which is a good mobile chip, but comparing to desktop cards it sucks balls. It also can't handle some games which makes some Mac-compatible games worthless since you can't play them anyway.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor

p8LUIf3.jpg

Sony is right up Microsofts Ass.

Sony could be a little more professional

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Sony could be a little more professional

lol no way, Xbox One is so corporate it's not even funny. Like, Xbox 360 was corporate enough to be made fun of but that was mostly due to paying for internet. Xbox One has so many stupid non-sensical concepts from a customer PoV, that I'll just call whoever buys it retarded.

Oh, and I'm not a Sony fanboy either, I prefer PC.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
on the lighter side of the concept of "always-connected":

at least the tech-savvy would think twice before stealing your Xbone.
not only could MS help law-officials get it back, but the cloud-gaming ensures that even if it's bricked, you won't lose your game progress.
what if, by telling Microsoft that your Xbone was stolen, the next time it's turned on, Clippy of all things would appear, saying
Clippy said:
it looks like this console was stolen. if this is a mistake, an email was sent to the owner with an unlock code. otherwise, you can pay Microsoft $1000 to unlock this console, with half of it going toward a replacement for the owner

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
How many people play video games and don't have internet, I can understand like hand held, but consoles. Very, very minimal amount of people.
Also, if they don't have a router or something, they can plug their Xbox into their modem, and then they can play for 24 hours.
Well back in my day when I played the grand theft auto san andreas on the ps2 all summer long there was no need for the web. just use your imagination and come up with ways to make the game fun like be a cop obey traffic laws or spend 5 hrs pissing off the cops or finding those got dam 5,00000000000 super jumps, horse shoes, or clam shells or actually getting 100% on a game.

Boy those were the days. Not buying the game just to go online for a week and super jerk off your way through the campaign in one night and take it back the next week, we enjoyed them.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well back in my day when I played the grand theft auto san andreas on the ps2 all summer long there was no need for the web. just use your imagination and come up with ways to make the game fun like be a cop obey traffic laws or spend 5 hrs pissing off the cops or finding those got dam 5,00000000000 super jumps, horse shoes, or clam shells or actually getting 100% on a game.

Boy those were the days. Not buying the game just to go online for a week and super jerk off your way through the campaign in one night and take it back the next week, we enjoyed them.

I mean currently. I know back then online wasn't a big thing for video games.

If you get banned from XBox Live on XBox One you lose all your games. This is confirmed.

You're wrong (the tweet that started that rumour was about the Xbox 360).

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-live-bans-won-t-kill-your-xbox-one-game-library-256455.phtml
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/16/banned-xbox-one-accounts-will-retain-access-to-purchased-games/
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/15/major-nelson-takes-xbox-one-questions-says-banned-users-will-a/

In that interview, Nelson suggested (so still not a clear answer) that banned players would only be disallowed access to multiplayer, but they would still be able to play their games.

He explicitly states that you will always have access to your purchased games.
"Absolutely not, you will always have access to the games you purchased."