staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It only has to be corrected once every 24 hours.

Yeah, and what about the people who don't have the joys of the Internet? They'll buy it, thinking they can plug it in and play, then find out that they have to go out and buy Internet from an ISP before they can do anything.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, and what about the people who don't have the joys of the Internet? They'll buy it, thinking they can plug it in and play, then find out that they have to go out and buy Internet from an ISP before they can do anything.

How many people play video games and don't have internet, I can understand like hand held, but consoles. Very, very minimal amount of people.
Also, if they don't have a router or something, they can plug their Xbox into their modem, and then they can play for 24 hours.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
euqlCXc.jpg

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
PS4 is what i am buying. for two main reasons.

1. share games
2. If your internet goes down you cannot play games on your xbox one until you get internet back. Any kind of game.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
PS4 is what i am buying. for two main reasons.

1. share games
2. If your internet goes down you cannot play games on your xbox one until you get internet back. Any kind of game.

PC is what I'm buying. for two main reasons.

1. Extreme deals on steam
2. Don't need to upgrade to a PC 2

2. Don't need to upgrade to a PC 2

With how frequent new components are released, the PC is more of a continuous upgrade for you while the consoles are a single upgrade each X year. You are still going to upgrade your systems, but how you do it depends on which sort of system you are on.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
With how frequent new components are released, the PC is more of a continuous upgrade for you while the consoles are a single upgrade each X year. You are still going to upgrade your systems, but how you do it depends on which sort of system you are on.

Yes, but when you have to upgrade components, it's minor things such as a video card driver or a HDD, not the entire system. And PC is compatible with any PC game on every version (exception to few), and even at that you can get emulators to play freely on other console and handheld gaming systems.

But hell, this isn't the PC vs. console war thread...

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes, but when you have to upgrade components, it's minor things such as a video card driver or a HDD...
... which sometimes costs more than upgrading the whole console system... Also, some components are interdependent (e.g. CPU->MB->RAM) and you'll have to upgrade them in bulk which is very expensive.
...And PC is compatible with any PC game on every version...

Not true.

And PC is compatible with any PC game on every versio

How do you define compatibility for hardware?

I cannot play most games that will be released this year, because my hardware doesn't have the necessary performance.
Isn't that a direct contradiction to the games compatibility to my hardware, because I cannot play those games on my PC?
There is so many unique combinations of hardware, that games are not in any way near a complete compatibility to be playable.

Or do you define compatibility to the operating system installed on the hardware?

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'll be buying a 3DS, just for SSB (and Animal Crossing, but I'm afraid that my life will be lost if I do :c)

I've had a 3ds since November '11. Picked up Animal Crossing day 1 and I am absolutely HOOKED! xD I'll probably be getting SSB too, I had Melee on Gamecube. If you do get AC message me so we can swap friend codes

On topic:
Sony and Microsoft are companies that make gaming consoles