• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

halcyon

Mildly Menacing Medic
The new AFK system is kinda stupid considering most AFK players are thrown into this server, why can't you just kick them from servers back to the main menu.. instead of to another server to place slots for nothing lol

• Dumb
Reactions: Metroidz

Bottiger

Administrator
AFK players don't spawn, they are kept in spectate. And kicking them would also result in the round ending so I don't really see the point of your complaint.

halcyon

Mildly Menacing Medic
I mean it makes a fake player count, recently it has 20+ players but only 9 are playing as the rest are not even in spectate but just in the team select screen after being server jumped for being AFK in other servers.

Bottiger

Administrator
It helps the server, some of them stop afking and start playing. Would you rather we do nothing and let the server be dead until 8 pm?

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Really not understanding your complaints. 23 players are more than enough to have a decent game of vsh. Complaining that 1/4th of the server is AFK seems pointless to me. If all AFKs were instantly kicked, the server would not be at 23/32, it would be 0/32.

Reactions: worMatty

halcyon

Mildly Menacing Medic
I have no more complaints other than the revive pillars having a few bugs:

Trains on skyhigh gets stuck on the revives because them having collisions, don't know if you know anything about this.
We found it yesterday. It may happen with the truck on urban too, I'll have to test that. You can rocket jump off them like they are walls, but Demo's Stickies+Pipes have no effect.

0zy

Unremarkable User
I was playing Skial VSH today, and I was expecting an absolutely normal and balanced gaming experience. After a while, I started to realize everything changed for no apparent reason. Medic's uber was nerfed to shit, pyro has *basically* no phlog resistance, they shortened rounds (this I understand as to why, but don't agree with execution), they apparently nerfed the super duper dangerous and oppressive telefrag, along with other changes I've yet to notice. This has completely destroyed the balance of Skial VSH, and the changes should be reverted.

I don't know who is responsible for this, but I'd just like to talk about it, and hopefully, someone that can do something about it is able to revert this.

Absolutely no Skial VSH player enjoys this update. At the very least, every single person I've spoken to, or heard speak about this update dislikes it. This is completely understandable. *Side note: Is there a list of changes or something that indicates what's changed? I feel that the things I've listed above don't cover everything*

Anyways, as I thought about why admins would possibly consider implementing these random and unnecessary changes, I began to notice a pattern. Every balance has something to do with Cinema, or it is very obviously a result of the cinema experience in Skial VSH.

-Medics uber is reduced so the heavy medic combos are not so oppressive
-Phlog pyro is nerfed to shit so he won't be able to stay close to Hale and deal crit dmg
- Rounds are shortened because of how obnoxious it is to wait for the hale to walk into funny room, or to clear out the ticket booth area, or find the annoying ass spy hiding in the corner in the forest... the list goes on
- The telefrag nerf is so obviously a result of cinema that I do not need to explain why Cinema is responsible for it

If I am correct (and I genuinely feel like I am to a great degree), I hope the admins quickly realize how unreasonable it is to balance the entire game mode over one map. I won't go into the controversy of cinema and whether it's good or bad, I'm not here to discuss this. However, it is extremely annoying that one singular map has destroyed the balance of Skial VSH. Maybe the map itself should be considered (or removed) instead of trying to solve all its problems via massive balancing changes.

Again, please remember that this is not about cinema, but about the new changes. Also, even if these changes were implemented regardless of cinema, I still believe they're detrimental to the balance and fun of Skial VSH, and should thus be reverted.

Anyways, In this post, I'll discuss the changes to the time reduction for uber, and why it's a bad idea.

Medics uber reduction:
I'm an avid medic player, and I enjoy playing medic in Skial VSH. I've found they balance him in a way that's actually fun to play, or at least they did. I understand how one could think I am biased against this nerf, but I've looked at the change at face-value, and have disregarded possible biases.

This uber reduction was completely unnecessary. It's as simple as that. Not only does this reduction basically remove the ability for a medic to save teammates during Hale's rage stun, it also prevents medics from enjoying this gamemode. Why on earth should the uber go down 3% per tick as opposed to the regular 1%??

A good medic who understands where to position himself, where to be before a rage, and how to save teammates with uber deserves to have an uber that allows him to do so; This is not only a huge role medic fills as a support class, but it is also a major part of the fun of playing medic in Skial VSH.

After this update, IF AND WHEN I have uber and I'm In a position to save teammates, I can only really save one person. By the time I flash this one person and head over to a second teammate, my uber has run out and there's nothing I can do. Additionally, if I want to uber a teammate to crit-boost them, the uber runs out so fast that it's significantly less effective than it should be. Using uber for damage is another major role medic plays, and another reason why people would be enticed to play as him.

This is how I think about ubers in VSH:

Against a bad hale, uber is free damage (and even then, there are times where players struggle to shoot or catch up to Hale with uber, no matter how bad Hale is, but I digress).

Against a good hale, uber is essentially area denial, because a good hale knows to evade the crit boosted players as effectively as possible (notice how I said players, because before this update I would be able to effectively swap to a different heal target when ubering for crit damage). With the uber timing being so low, the purpose of the area denial is completely nullified, and a huge part of medic's role is basically removed.

I've already written so much. I'll discuss and get into the other changes later. But I felt I had to start somewhere and begin discussing this horrid update. I also hope some people reply so we can further discuss these changes, and collectively get a better understanding as to why they're damaging.
''The telefrag nerf is so obviously a result of cinema''
why we should remove or rework the map, nah bro...
Let's nerf the mechanics of one class, yeh that's should work

smurfking

Banned
-1 to all the changes recently made in VSH
absolutely abysmal.
R.I.P. VSH
Why are you copying Vscript hale when Vscript is total ass?
none of these changes make any sense but you guys will justify it by having the player boost from summer vacation saying "the server has never been more active"
ooh well. hope you find some common sense whoever is working on VSH rn

halcyon

Mildly Menacing Medic
new saxton hale is GOATED, best update ever!!!!!
New thing to learn noob get on it :steammocking: