Which Class is best against a Pyro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SovereignSlayer

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Sniper is the obvious choice, but a diligent Heavy can be equally effective against a Pyro.

EDIT: Also Demoknight. Nice fire resistance.

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
obvious reasons..(as they probably mean the pyros that shoot EVERYWHERE)
It depends on what watch you use, but considering youre using DR to put the fire out after, pyro is up there with medics for being the easiest classes to bait into a cornerstab or stairstab, mostly due to the lack of range on their weapons.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It depends on what watch you use, but considering youre using DR to put the fire out after, pyro is up there with medics for being the easiest classes to bait into a cornerstab or stairstab, mostly due to the lack of range on their weapons.
Yup...

Wiper

Mildly Menacing Medic
I play soldier and demo as my main classes and even when i got a friend pocket-medicing me, any type of pyro can be a pain in the ass. Even the w+m1'ers can at some point get too close without me or my medic noticing, or having to reload a rocket :( But the worst are, and will always be, the unusual-hat-wearing-unreal-reflecting-medic-up-their-ass pyros, who will reflect EVERY rocket you send in their face, oh god theese piss me off. But one sure way to take down pyros will always be HITSCAN WEAPONS such as shotgun, pistol, minigun, sniper rifle, SMG and so on, basicly all weapons that he cant reflect the projectiles off, and while keeping a distance to him. For soldier this means quit the rockets if you KNOW that he is gonna reflect them, take out the shotgun and try the best. Now if he is switching between his flaregun and axtinguisher a lot, you can still manage to give him a rocket to the face when he approaches you with the axe. This has saved me quite a lot, to just barely getting that rocket fired off on him as he tries to hit you with axtinguisher and this will also work slightly as a rocket jump, blasting you away from the pyro then to finishing him off with the shotgun :) Natasha-heavy will work great on pyros if you are aware of them, however. Keeping your distance and knowing his tactics/possibilities is key to defeat any pyro. Oh and btw, its still possible to hit a pyro with rockets even if he's good at reflecting, you can aim the rockets out of his reflecting-range by aiming for the ground ahead of him, he will still take splash damage but be unable to reflect it, kinda unreliable tactic tho. Hope this helps you :)

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Depends on the skill of the pyro, obviously. But I'd say the hardest class to take out AS a pyro is heavy (if he's good. sometimes I can just circle and hop around a heavy and have him down after a few seconds.), soldier with shotgun (god I love buff banner :D), scout, sniper/engie obviously (unless I can get an advantage on a sniper or an uber with an engie)

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Sniper against a W+M1-ing Pyros, against the ones Wiper mentioned ragequit works quite well. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.