• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Which Class is best against a Pyro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScout52

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I have been killed numerous times by pyros, and can't seem to find their weakness! Please vote!

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Denoman FTW.

Aaaanyways. Mad Milk Scout who knows his stuff is damn good against a pyro, from personal experience. Still, not top choice for people who don't play scout for main.
Soldier is bad, considering the rockets can get reflected, and the alternatives are slim.
Pyro can work if you're good with a shotgun and know pyro strategy.
Demo is good because of all the items and item sets he has to reduce fire damage (Charge N Tard, Ordinance set).
Heavy's good, 'cause, well, you're a heavy. Hard to kill, easy to kill with.
Engineer is your last option for a rage move. Build a sentry, camp and wait. Hope he goes on frontlines.
Medic is a "no", unless you're fucking phenomenal with Crusader's or Blutsauger.
If it's a big map, Sniper is good, but only if you're looking at places that you know he'll be in.
I don't even need to comment on Spy.

superchu444

well according to my mlg tf2 crewzys they say soldier demoman with sticky and heavy are the best of choices I would say scout but thats only cause my scout has +500 hours and the my second highest is sniper at 40 :/. But i'd have to put my vote on heavy as pyro requires close range and heavy is oh so lethal there

FireGame

Positively Inhumane Poster
Medic is a "no", unless you're fucking phenomenal with Crusader's or Blutsauger.
WHAT! Only noob medics range a pyro! I get all up and personal in their face w/ my amputator and kritz them to death!

superchu444

Denoman FTW.

Aaaanyways. Mad Milk Scout who knows his stuff is damn good against a pyro, from personal experience. Still, not top choice for people who don't play scout for main.
Soldier is bad, considering the rockets can get reflected, and the alternatives are slim.
Pyro can work if you're good with a shotgun and know pyro strategy.
Demo is good because of all the items and item sets he has to reduce fire damage (Charge N Tard, Ordinance set).
Heavy's good, 'cause, well, you're a heavy. Hard to kill, easy to kill with.
Engineer is your last option for a rage move. Build a sentry, camp and wait. Hope he goes on frontlines.
If it's a big map, Sniper is good, but only if you're looking at places that you know he'll be in.
I don't even need to comment on Spy.

ahum Soldier is good because as long as you angle them they can't be reflected easily not to mention it's hard to reflect a direct hit, liberty ( sometimes).

Scout is great cause of double jump and fast speed can get away but after you'll need a medkit after wards since the afterburn will do 56-30 so take care.

pyro is pyro the degreaser set with reserve shooter is really nice now since airblast can get you enough range to take them out.

demo is only useful using the sticky since most pyros will have the urge to kill you, charge n targe and eyelander is retarded since airblast will mess you up even the backburner airblast can mess you up.

Heavy is the most lethal class close range class available and a pyro will have to start going close range. Your only problem is he needs to be in your sight as a backburner pyro can rape you.

Engineer is somewhat useful Really it depends on scenario Engi can take care of most classes sipping tea behind a wall and a lvl 3. mini sentry can be useful as repeated in certain scenarios.

Medic is mainly a bad scenario as your not supposed to be in combat but healing so no.

Spy: "FIRE FIRE FIRE" you can be the judge

Sniper: keep your distance.

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
I would say if it's a shit pyro, Heavy. They will charge at you, without even considering an ambush giving you plenty of time to spin up your gun and mow them down. Even if they do get to you, you can usually out dps them because they can't strafe properly.

If it's a good pyro then either scout, demo, heavy, or maybe soldier. The scout can counter the pyros abilitys with either a run and gun, dance of death, or back pedal tactic. Demos can also use a back pedal tactic, forcing the pyro to walk in to a line of stickys in a hopeless chase. Soldier can also just back pedal and put space between him and the pyro as he does so, but watch out for airblasting. And of course Heavy. As heavy you will have to worry about airblast rape and axetinuquisher quick kills, however you can still dps the pyro down very quick, so just be on your gaurd.

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Spy. Especially with the Kunai.
90% of pyros will just W+M1 you, even around corners or up stairs. Once you lure them into there, well, you know what to do.
The Kunai pumps your health back up and puts out the fire, so no need to scramble for a health pack. Only downside of using it is if youre still at 60 when you encounter a pyro.

ArF

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Scout: If u can ambush him, use your scattergun and hit him a few times (and if that doesn't kill him) use your pistol while backing away.
Soldier: rocket launcher if he sucks or can't airblast. Shotgun if he can, I like to confuse pyros by alternating between my rocket launcher and my shotgun often.
Pyro: i hate pyro vs pyro so i usually just airblast them into positions where my allies can handle him.
Demoman: back up and shoot him with your launchers.
Heavy: easiest, just shoot him.
Engineer: stay near your sentry and shoot him with your pistol.
Medic: let the person your healing deal with him.
Sniper: headshot him from far away
Spy: back up and use your revolver(headshots help) i wouldn't try to stab him.

Status
Not open for further replies.