Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
Eviction notice: the eviction notice is quite annoying to deal with, all the player needs to do is hit the hale once and he can run quite a bit faster than the hale for a few seconds which is more than enough time to grab a health kit. A possible nerf would be to bring the speed bonus down to like 2 seconds so the player would need to hit the hale every so often and not escape as easily. Alternatively make it so the heavy only needs 1 hit to die while using the eviction notice.

Gunslinger: The gunslinger is also beyond powerful, and depending on the map is very difficult to deal with. For example an engie can simply jump back and forth between objects stacked on each other with the extra jump height, and even strafe a hit from the hale with the extra health boost, while the hale has to hale jump to manage to get up to places the engie can get to easily, which has a few second cool down. Unlike a scout you don't just have to hit them once to get them, they can take a hit while having massive mobility, very similar suggestions to the eviction notice, either bring down the jump height or make it so he can only take one hit

Saoirse

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
+1 neither weapons are fun to fight against or with other people using them on your team

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
-1 eviction notice heavy is comparable to demoknights & hybridknights except eviction notice heavies deal much less damage & can be killed easily on maps with low health kit count. the argument you are making is an argument that can be applied to various other classes that can be empowered significantly with maps that have many large health kits (market gardening soldiers, demoknights & hybridknights, dead ringer spies). gunslinger is not viable in ff2 but the modified version employs play other than turtle engineer which is boring to play and boring to watch. nobody enjoys watching a new or seasoned player sit in a spot that is nearly impossible for certain, or maybe even all, hales to wedge themselves into if there is a lvl 3 sentry in that spot.

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
why are we complaining about these 2 when we could complain that the yeet machine that is the hot hand hasn't been buffed

in all honestly +1 it will be funny to see

Saoirse

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
-1 eviction notice heavy is comparable to demoknights & hybridknights except eviction notice heavies deal much less damage & can be killed easily on maps with low health kit count. the argument you are making is an argument that can be applied to various other classes that can be empowered significantly with maps that have many large health kits (market gardening soldiers, demoknights & hybridknights, dead ringer spies). gunslinger is not viable in ff2 but the modified version employs play other than turtle engineer which is boring to play and boring to watch. nobody enjoys watching a new or seasoned player sit in a spot that is nearly impossible for certain, or maybe even all, hales to wedge themselves into if there is a lvl 3 sentry in that spot.

the eviction notice inst that comparable to a demo knight, it takes alot less effort to get the speed of a scout as an eviction notice heavy than it does to get 4 heads, along with the fact that you pair the eviction notice with a shotgun and you can deal a shit ton of damage, unloading an entire clip before you need to hit the hale again to get your speed boost, a demo knight or hybrid knight needs to hit the hale 4 times before he gets his full speed and even then unless your a full demo knight which means u have to melee gives you enough speed to barely outrun the hale

and the gunslinger is retardedly overpowered in its current state, fair enough if he can take a hit or has higher mobility but if you combine them along side a mini sentry which can shred through hp and be rebuilt in literal seconds its a bit much, if 1 hit killed him he'd still have his retarded mobility and a high damage output without being the most unfun thing to fight in the game.

also a lot of my reverences do come from these being used on a certain map -cough- military area -cough- but that not going to be removed because for some ungodly reason people find it fun but even excluding military area and even excluding maps with the large health packs its retarded to have a heavy move as fast as a scout for being brainless and being able to take a hit, along side the engie which on a lot of maps can just jump effortlessly back and forth between 2 area's the hale needs to hale jump to get to which is really not fun but would be fine if the engie couldn't survive a hit

and an engie doesn't need gunslinger to be a turtle engineer, there are strategies you can use that dont revolve camping in one room doing nothing just no one bothers to do them

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Both of these weapons are pretty over powered in their way, so I have a few suggestions for their nerfs:
The eviction notice has been used very regularly by players who play heavy, so much to the point that I barely see the minigun being used most of the time. Although I think it gives heavy another different play style on it's own, it is certainly overpowered so a small nerf would be good for it.
Here's an idea for the eviction notice, the heavy doesn't have a speed boost that he has by default.

The gunslinger was a weapon that never needed a buff, it was already a good weapon that gave engineer the ability to be much more mobile and quick in terms of sentry placements, considering almost every person using the gunslinger always uses the frontier justice, the gunslinger engineers used to get around 2k-3k damage each round which is quite a high amount.
I suggest you get rid of the health buff and the jump buff.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Both of these weapons are pretty over powered in their way, so I have a few suggestions for their nerfs:
The eviction notice has been used very regularly by players who play heavy, so much to the point that I barely see the minigun being used most of the time. Although I think it gives heavy another different play style on it's own, it is certainly overpowered so a small nerf would be good for it.
Here's an idea for the eviction notice, the heavy doesn't have a speed boost that he has by default.

The gunslinger was a weapon that never needed a buff, it was already a good weapon that gave engineer the ability to be much more mobile and quick in terms of sentry placements, considering almost every person using the gunslinger always uses the frontier justice, the gunslinger engineers used to get around 2k-3k damage each round which is quite a high amount.
I suggest you get rid of the health buff and the jump buff.

I don’t really play Skial’s FF much but this is exactly how we have these weapons in VSH and they’re both fine balance-wise.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I don’t really play Skial’s FF much but this is exactly how we have these weapons in VSH and they’re both fine balance-wise.
I joined VSH to check it out and no, they're not the same. The gunslinger in FF2 provides the engineer with 210hp along with a higher jump height and faster swing speed.
As for the eviction notice, it gives you a 50 percent speed buff by default even if you don't hit someone along with a faster swing speed. If you hit them you'd get even faster.

mub

Contributor
I joined VSH to check it out and no, they're not the same. The gunslinger in FF2 provides the engineer with 210hp along with a higher jump height and faster swing speed.
As for the eviction notice, it gives you a 50 percent speed buff by default even if you don't hit someone along with a faster swing speed. If you hit them you'd get even faster.

Sorry, I meant your nerf idea would make it exactly like VSH's, and we don't seem to have any problems with them, so your proposal sounds good on paper. (Except it sounds you'd keep a swing speed bonus for the Gunslinger.)

Good Gunslinger Engineers in VSH get solid chunks of damage quite fine.
I don't really see anybody use Eviction Notice in VSH though, so do know that if you made it like ours, you'd possibly end up killing the weapon off the meta.

Last edited:

★Major Pootis Steeljaw☆

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Eviction notice: the eviction notice is quite annoying to deal with, all the player needs to do is hit the hale once and he can run quite a bit faster than the hale for a few seconds which is more than enough time to grab a health kit. A possible nerf would be to bring the speed bonus down to like 2 seconds so the player would need to hit the hale every so often and not escape as easily. Alternatively make it so the heavy only needs 1 hit to die while using the eviction notice.

Gunslinger: The gunslinger is also beyond powerful, and depending on the map is very difficult to deal with. For example an engie can simply jump back and forth between objects stacked on each other with the extra jump height, and even strafe a hit from the hale with the extra health boost, while the hale has to hale jump to manage to get up to places the engie can get to easily, which has a few second cool down. Unlike a scout you don't just have to hit them once to get them, they can take a hit while having massive mobility, very similar suggestions to the eviction notice, either bring down the jump height or make it so he can only take one hit
Perhaps, instead of nerfing the speed, or health of the heavy, why not compromise and nerf the health given by healthpacks and medics, much like the Fragment?

Stove™

Perhaps, instead of nerfing the speed, or health of the heavy, why not compromise and nerf the health given by healthpacks and medics, much like the Fragment?
I believe the Eviction Notice already reduces the amount of healing you receive from Medics, but not from health packs. I could be confusing that for the KGB though. Not sure.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
Even with a reduction from meds, they can still take a free hit and get scout speed. On maps like military area health packs are littered around the map and easy to pick up.

Reactions: Italian Doctor