mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1
Some people don't like playing with the voice lines on, or don't have their audio up.
Which boss is being picked can affect which classes REDs pick.

Bottiger

Administrator
Not sure what the point of this is when it already says what the boss is.

It already says "X has become Saxton Hale with Y Health".

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Not sure what the point of this is when it already says what the boss is.

It already says "X has become Saxton Hale with Y Health".

I want to know if the player chose the hale they're playing as, or if it was randomly chosen.

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Not really seeing the point in that.

It's something to comment on. For example, one could know if a player specifically chose to play Vagineer (the most hated Hale).

But a more meaningful point: The "X has become Saxton Hale with Y Health" message only appears after class selection is over. The boss settings message appears during.

The only tell is the hale's battle cry which isn't as explicit, and, as mub mentioned, not everyone has audio or voicelines on.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
It's something to comment on. For example, one could know if a player specifically chose to play Vagineer (the most hated Hale).

But a more meaningful point: The "X has become Saxton Hale with Y Health" message only appears after class selection is over. The boss settings message appears during.

The only tell is the hale's battle cry which isn't as explicit, and, as mub mentioned, not everyone has audio or voicelines on.

I personally pick my class/class loadout depending on what boss it is, who's playing, and what their /diff is.
Other players, especially regulars, do this too.
You need voicelines on and your audio up to know that info.
It'd just be a nice QOL addition.

Italian Doctor

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I personally pick my class/class loadout depending on what boss it is, who's playing, and what their /diff is.
Other players, especially regulars, do this too.
You need voicelines on and your audio up to know that info.
It'd just be a nice QOL addition.
+1 I'm going deaf so visuals (including voice commands in chat) are very important

Last edited: