Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
https://gamebanana.com/maps/212508

Lots of interesting geometry, amazing visibility, and enough health and ammo for all. Also features crocodile pits, bananas into the aforementioned pits, and a great visual design.

5fa23cd3829f5.jpg

5fa23cd2eeece.jpg

5fa23cd347360.jpg

5fa23cd380230.jpg

thehowl5657

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
+1, looks like a really unique and interesting map! There aren't enough Jungle Inferno-themed maps!

Eggs

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1 The Eggs around the world approve of Stack Man
I'm also really high and wanna play this map after looking at it
:)

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1 looks beautiful, would like to get it into our rotation so we can start playing around with it.

Drezki

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Look at the FPS counter in the top left.
Optimization is what maps need, not just shit you can make in a week or so. If it's optimized and can get over 60 frames on it, then try it but until then, -1.

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Optimization is what maps need, not just shit you can make in a week or so. If it's optimized and can get over 60 frames on it, then try it but until then, -1.
these look concerning... -1
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Using TF2 with an ULTRA HIGHEST settings config for the best pictures. My computer isn't that great.

I used lots of optimization techniques to get frames as smooth as possible, and it runs spectacularly on settings my personal computer can handle on other maps.

I've learned quite a lot about optimization through my previous mapping experiences. Not only utilizing the techniques better, but designing the map to accommodate them from the start.

My PC got similar FPS on ultra high when the map was empty...

Last edited:

ish

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor

I play on a 2013 Macbook and my frames are just fine on this map. It is well optimized given my system and performs at peak frames on this map (the peak being 60 on every map I play). Frames stay at 60 and jump to the occasional 70 if I look at a certain corner of the map.

bc93aba25e08114f3fb8653a71917837.png

Reactions: spudster