Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
These things are VAC proof as it doesn't even look for them, they don't come with an aimbot either which makes judging a demo down to how well someone hides it. I'd say making people use default on trivial custom things is a very minor trade off to prevent them.

» Monochromatic Bunny™ «

Mildly Menacing Medic
All of those questions could have been answered if you read the thread or spent a few seconds looking at the website.

Updates have to uploaded otherwise how else would we know if you added a maphack?

In regards to the only answer I've seen; That is a good point. I assume these upload rules apply to all custom files including audio edits as well to just simplify. Is that a correct assumption? One rule fits all?

I apologize, but I obviously do not see the answers or perhaps I do not understand what I am reading. I do not feel i'm reaching far for asking questions about this change.... I obviously have offended you in some way or not.
You run a very large community and some of your community members are asking for help and clarification because they cannot find it. I'll relay this thread to the people whom I was speaking for. They can supply their own questions from here on out.
Thanks for your time. Toodles~

JordanJ

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
In regards to the only answer I've seen; That is a good point. I assume these upload rules apply to all custom files including audio edits as well to just simplify. Is that a correct assumption? One rule fits all?

I apologize, but I obviously do not see the answers or perhaps I do not understand what I am reading. I do not feel i'm reaching far for asking questions about this change.... I obviously have offended you in some way or not.
You run a very large community and some of your community members are asking for help and clarification because they cannot find it. I'll relay this thread to the people whom I was speaking for. They can supply their own questions from here on out.
Thanks for your time. Toodles~

Honestly after reading your posts you are coming off as an entitled brat. Let's look at the big picture here. There is an exploit that people can use to see through walls. It is incredibly easy to install and not get caught using it. Think about yesterday and the day before where there was a bug causing mini-crits to override full crits. I know you damn well were aware of this being a pyro main who loves the flare gun. Now if you payed attention to how many users were using weapons such as the escape plan and gloves of running urgently to exploit bugged crit resistance like avoiding sniper headshots and players with the kritzkrieg. That spread pretty damn fast (Thanks reddit) and the amount of users i saw exploiting it was enough to make me stop playing yesterday. Now you can ask yourself why am I relating this to a wallhack exploit? The point is the ease of that exploit and the wallhack with the lack of consequences for the TF2 users who are basically cheating will cause this to be insanely common. As soon as that exploit for wallhack in material folder came out and the amount of users who installed it are pretty fucking high. I guarantee that people on both our friends lists tried it out of curiousity because they saw no consequence. Doesn't mean they kept it but I am pretty sure that at least one of my friends did just by using common sense as to how people work. Unfortunately in order to prevent this entirely because bottiger isn't a Valve employee and has limitations as to what he can do with the game files like any other user he had to make a compromise that when you think about it was the most logical. I'd rather sacrifice my custom skins than have the constant suspicion that every fucking death is caused by a player who could potentially be cheating. I could only imagine the rampant Team Fortress 2 Mcarthyism in every Skial server. Users that wallhack already are insanely hard to prove. Every Skial admin would most likely be driven insane questioning whether the accused player is actually cheating. Finally, Bottiger isn't even obligated to set up this signed VPK system. As a user I would have been satisfied knowing that at least I don't have to worry constantly about wallhackers. Guy isn't making any fucking extra money by going out of his way to program a fucking signed VPK system just so you can add tits to your pyro dude. Also I cannot think of any mod that any user would be ashamed of so no offense but the users you are speaking for need to get thicker skin and toughen up. I doubt Bott or any other person is spending his time looking through every mod laughing to himself at what that user has. I know you just apologized to him but seriously dude use some logic and think big picture. Why are you bitching to him when you could be messaging Valve about something that they could easily fix becayse users have already provided the solution for it. I have nothing personal against you at all man but be fucking grateful dude.

Edit:
8:50 PM - §ᵖᵒᵒᵏ¥ b1ggie: that's one long ass paragraph you got there
8:51 PM - ✿Jordan✿: Not an English major lol
8:51 PM - §ᵖᵒᵒᵏ¥ b1ggie: every 5-6 sentences = 1 paragraph
8:51 PM - §ᵖᵒᵒᵏ¥ b1ggie: :P

^Hope someone doms you with Huntsman later lol

Last edited:

» Monochromatic Bunny™ «

Mildly Menacing Medic
I appreciate your feedback and I feel obligated NOT TO quote the entire wall but rather the sections i'll be replying to before I head off to work~

What Bottiger has done has helped out keeping one of the last large freestanding communities afloat from one of the only things that destroys servers. Abuse of the game mechanics/hacks. However my post are not related to my personal skins, not related to my files and not FOR me.

Honestly after reading your posts you are coming off as an entitled brat

After being contacted by a handful of people for my original post I decided to remove my post and attempt to contact privately, as suggested by some other members and admins. I understand the taste my post are leaving; but it's not my goal. I am out to get answers on how this new system works because I simply did not see the answers or understand them! As you can tell by my lack of a profile; I don't come out of the woodwork often. I hope the fact the some of my post are removed don't cloud or change my original message; and if you need to see the original post I can supply them privately if it helps paint a larger picture of my goal.

I'm contacting for 2 specific players (while the rest of the original group I was contacting for have fled/got their answers) whom have forms of Synesthesia. One of which was too shy and embarrassed to talk about it with any other living soul. In one of their cases the sounds of the games cause violent color visuals, so they use alternative sounds. Those get updated quite frequently due to new items, sounds, and events. They've received the answer they needed regarding frequency, they must upload per update. However other basic questions have been continuously missed as most replies seem to be directed at me and my skins. The two of these people both do not want to upload from their name, computer, or IP. Whatever reasons they have for that is theres.

Why are you bitching to him when you could be messaging Valve about something that they could easily fix becayse users have already provided the solution for it. I have nothing personal against you at all man but be fucking grateful dude.

I apologize if I come off as an entitled brat. The goal of my post are quite simple; I want to get answers for my friends.
The fact that he took a dramatic step to provide security while providing access to those who need it make him a winner in my book. Especially in regards to enjoying the game to the fullest, despite any personal challenges! He could have locked the door and walked away, but instead he found a way to let the people who want to play custom do just that. Unneeded step that is appreciated.

My past shows that I have tried very hard to contact and work with Valve, only to barely have it come off the ground. I have more success dealing with community map makers and talking with community leaders.

I know you damn well were aware of this being a pyro main who loves the flare gun.

O_o Have we played together? Because I rarely use the flare gun D: Scorch shot is obviously more powerful ;)

Bottiger

Administrator
You have to understand that "asking for friend" is most often times a euphemism for asking for yourself.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/190026/term-for-someone-asking-for-a-friend

You've already made it clear that you won't use mods.skial.com so presumably you won't be playing here anymore, yet you still have all these questions about it. If these people want to know, then why don't they dignify us with a response instead of asking through someone who is already quitting?

Most people just felt this was strange and that you equate your mods to being as personal as a prosthetic limb. On top of this, the first thing you talk about is how communities are dying.

We are doing quite well compared to everyone else which is probably the reason why you are bothering to complain about it here instead of just playing on the thousands of other servers still on sv_pure 0. And a major part of our success comes from making decision that benefit the majority of players, and players who won't let anyone verify their mods for hacks are a small minority.

We wish we didn't have to use sv_pure 1, but freely available and easily installed wallhacks negatively affects the games for all players. This is something that Valve could easily fix as I mentioned earlier and it would probably be more productive if you talked to them about it rather than hoping that we let our servers be infested with wallhackers so you wouldn't have to upload your mods.

Reactions: Antamania