Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
These things are VAC proof as it doesn't even look for them, they don't come with an aimbot either which makes judging a demo down to how well someone hides it. I'd say making people use default on trivial custom things is a very minor trade off to prevent them.

JordanJ

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Thanks again if only Valve looked into that shit for their own game. An exploit like this doesn't get patched immediately but as soon as there is an infinite money glitch in MvM Valve is on it pretty damn fast. Sorry just felt like venting again thanks Bott now I can have my reskins again.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thanks again if only Valve looked into that shit for their own game. An exploit like this doesn't get patched immediately but as soon as there is an infinite money glitch in MvM Valve is on it pretty damn fast. Sorry just felt like venting again thanks Bott now I can have my reskins again.

I'm sure if a community member fixed it, they'd include it, just like every other patch!

JordanJ

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
I'm sure if a community member fixed it, they'd include it, just like every other patch!

I know man it's just this thing to me is pretty game breaking cause it's cheating. Just wish they were on it as fast as when there is an exploit related to the economy ya know.

Bottiger

Administrator
This would be easy for Valve to fix. Just disable ignorez on models that don't have it originally. I have already asked them to do it but they haven't replied.

So hopefully people will use our VPK signing website. We will be the only servers that allow mods and block wallhack mat hacks at the same time.

Jusey1

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Thanks again and like I said in PM. Not too sure how it fully works quite yet. Will be waiting for a reply to answer my question about it.

SketchyJJ

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
The SV_PURE thing seems really iffy sometimes. Here I am with my fempyro mod on the Hightower server, also my animations worked. Maybe I'm not understanding it fully:

y9b9fA.png

I don't know how much sv_pure blocks, but usually on valve servers I can't do as much as this and it usually leaves me with missing textures. I did do something that may have affected it, don't want to reveal it until i'm allowed.

Last edited:

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
I've just been on DUSTBOWL+ | EU server and saw players with !ap unusuals, it's on sv_pure 0. I thought that server was considered one of the regular ones? Is there a list available of what servers do and don't have it?

Edit: nvm, seems it was due to the halloween update needing the servers to restart.

Last edited:

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Previous post redacted, so doing the same to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Previous post redacted, so doing the same to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
To me these skins are my ability to play; and I do not share the skins in any form for personal reasons. Do I believe he would take and distribute these skins. Not at all, there is absolutely no reason for that. But would you take off your prosthetic limb and hand it to someone to check it out? As my post commented; I am asking what solutions might come about for players with accessibility options. I am not asking for my skins to be put into the servers whitelist (I obviously feel very strongly about this and will not submit them, thus cannot solve that issue)

I know players who have forms of visual and auditory accessibility issues that have skins and sound replacements that have enabled them to play on servers, that can no longer play on this community.

My post are not directed for a conversation with people whom have no ability to change this policy. They are intended to be towards the admins and owners of the community whom have put this decision forward. Post was not PM'd due to several profiles stating not to PM regarding issues.

I don't really understand your reasoning. When you upload the files, Bottiger doesn't make a community whitelist listing every single mod for all to see. It simply gets verified and added to a private whitelist I assume only he can see. Once verified it's safe to add to your game, and you'll be on your way.

The only people who will know you have that mod installed (and quite frankly it's not a matter of national security, so I don't know why it matters so much to you if others know of that mod's existence) is you and Bottiger, and maybe other players who also have that specific mod. You don't have to worry about your security or whatever your concern is, it's just a simple verification process.

As for the other players, just tell them to verify their files and they should be set. There is no way around this if you want to play with custom mods, at least as this stands right now.

Reactions: Antamania

» Monochromatic Bunny™ «

Mildly Menacing Medic
I don't really understand your reasoning. When you upload the files, Bottiger doesn't make a community whitelist listing every single mod for all to see. It simply gets verified and added to a private whitelist I assume only he can see. Once verified it's safe to add to your game, and you'll be on your way.

The only people who will know you have that mod installed (and quite frankly it's not a matter of national security, so I don't know why it matters so much to you if others know of that mod's existence) is you and Bottiger, and maybe other players who also have that specific mod. You don't have to worry about your security or whatever your concern is, it's just a simple verification process.

As for the other players, just tell them to verify their files and they should be set. There is no way around this if you want to play with custom mods, at least as this stands right now.

My post have been removed from the forum; if you'd like to discuss this further you can contact me privately. I can explain till you want me to stop. :)

Bottiger

Administrator
Use mods.skial.com.

Mods are automatically verified. No one looks at them and there is no list. The VPK you get is cryptographically signed by us and cannot be forged by anymore else.

There will be no exceptions to this rule and it is impossible to whitelist people.

We can't allow everyone to maphack just so 1 color blind player who has his own private mod and won't upload it to be automatically verified because he considers it to be personal like a prosthetic limb.

And also before you pm me again, I have already left the conversation so I won't see anything else you send.

» Monochromatic Bunny™ «

Mildly Menacing Medic
Use mods.skial.com.

Mods are automatically verified. No one looks at them and there is no list. The VPK you get is cryptographically signed by us and cannot be forged by anymore else.

There will be no exceptions to this rule and it is impossible to whitelist people.

We can't allow everyone to maphack just so 1 color blind player who has his own private mod and won't upload it to be automatically verified because he considers it to be personal like a prosthetic limb.

As stated in the post that I removed; This is not for ME, I already know that I will not submit my files thus not obtain my skins on your servers AND AM OKAY WITH THAT.

I'm more contacting for the community that I am apart of; I have players that modify their skins or soundfiles quite often to adjust for events, new items, holiday skins. Are they required to submit their revisions daily? As for some of the players; I know they do not want to submit them under their own name. I have had a large handful of players ask me to submit their modifications. Is this a possibility?

As stated previously, once more for the record; I am N O T contacting for my personal skins, I have no interest in posting them and understand that I will not be able to use them. Please stop private messaging me insulting me, and calling me out for not wanting to post my skins. I am speaking on the behalf of others.

Bottiger

Administrator
All of those questions could have been answered if you read the thread or spent a few seconds looking at the website.

Updates have to uploaded otherwise how else would we know if you added a maphack?

Last edited: