Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
He literally explained everything he needs to do when adding a new map in that screenshot shared.

Either it was purposefully ignored or ignorantly ignored.

"also it isn't as easy as downloading the map, I also have to go through the entire map to make sure the autogenerated nav mesh doesn't have any spots where bots can get stuck, then I need to make seperate waypoints for the afk system. if I don't do that then the servers won't fill in the morning, especially weaker servers like payload NY"

Anyone can just add a map to a server like Poomba, but not everyone can verify qualify of the map's navmesh, or create wayypoints for Skial's AFK system. But frankly I doubt anyone here genuinely cares about any of this and just wants the map added.

hug sports

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
He literally explained everything he needs to do when adding a new map in that screenshot shared.

Either it was purposefully ignored or ignorantly ignored.

"also it isn't as easy as downloading the map, I also have to go through the entire map to make sure the autogenerated nav mesh doesn't have any spots where bots can get stuck, then I need to make seperate waypoints for the afk system. if I don't do that then the servers won't fill in the morning, especially weaker servers like payload NY"

Anyone can just add a map to a server like Poomba, but not everyone can verify qualify of the map's navmesh, or create wayypoints for Skial's AFK system. But frankly I doubt anyone here genuinely cares about any of this and just wants the map added.

Skial already has the nav meshes for cashworks because it used to be a map that was on the server in the past.

Cashworks is an objectively better map than hoodoo and frostcliff that have been on the server for months, this thread has 80+ replies now with tons of community support from donators and regulars who actually play on the server.

Last edited:

PotatoGod

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I think this would be a good way of handling this
  • Keep the current map pools since they are the top maps.
  • Add maps that get voted on like the map in this thread, even if they were in the pool before.
  • After a couple of months, check the statistics of the new map: how often is it voted on/played in-game
  • If it’s not doing well, remove it from the pool. But be transparent about the stats and the decision.
  • Don’t add too many new maps at once. Just one at a time, so people can get used to them, enjoy it and want to play it more often.