Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
:troll:
Screenshot_20230713_211525_Firefox.jpg

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Goldrush, an official map, was never in the rotation for a very long time because some bug in the map caused it to crash the server with 32 players. The only reason it came back on the rotation was a fix on being implemented to prevent the crash

Being an official map means little, to nothing.

Oosik

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
It's like the map was added after the bots pathing and navmeshing was done. Almost like the thing you wanted done within the server is being done. Be patient lol.

Reactions: PoomBa

hug sports

Contributor
It's like the map was added after the bots pathing and navmeshing was done. Almost like the thing you wanted done within the server is being done. Be patient lol.
1. Skial already has the bot pathing and everything required for cashworks to be on the server, because cashworks was already a map that was in the rotation a few years ago. There is no significant additional work that needs to be done to add it.
2. This thread has been open for over 8 months, and I rallied tons of community and donating members to support this addition, and it's basically been ignored.

Reactions: JustGary and PoomBa

Oosik

Contributor
While I understand that the bot pathing and "Everything" is done for the map; I actually talked with Bottiger himself yesterday, had a fairly civil conversation and he wanted the navmeshes redone on the map for cashworks. In fact while talking to him he was working on Pheonix at that time while also showing me screenshots of instances of navmeshing not being properly set/edits needed to be made.

I told him I was interested and he took time out of his day show me examples and instances where the navmesh needed to be fixed or edited over. Which I'm currently in the process of editing those navmeshes for bottiger to review.

8 months is a lot of time, yes. But complaining after a map is finally added won't improve anything. Granted, in this scenario both sides of this mapping argument are wrong.

But a spiteful comment like that isn't the solution.

hug sports

Contributor
While I understand that the bot pathing and "Everything" is done for the map; I actually talked with Bottiger himself yesterday, had a fairly civil conversation and he wanted the navmeshes redone on the map for cashworks. In fact while talking to him he was working on Pheonix at that time while also showing me screenshots of instances of navmeshing not being properly set/edits needed to be made.

I told him I was interested and he took time out of his day show me examples and instances where the navmesh needed to be fixed or edited over. Which I'm currently in the process of editing those navmeshes for bottiger to review.

8 months is a lot of time, yes. But complaining after a map is finally added won't improve anything. Granted, in this scenario both sides of this mapping argument are wrong.

But a spiteful comment like that isn't the solution.
Thank you for reaching out and talking to him, these are amazing steps for getting some of the work done. It would be great if we were kept in the loop about what work and what blocades exist so that people can help out. Without a comment like yours we would have never known. A little transparency goes a long way towards avoiding spite.

Bottiger

Administrator
Thank you for reaching out and talking to him, these are amazing steps for getting some of the work done. It would be great if we were kept in the loop about what work and what blocades exist so that people can help out. Without a comment like yours we would have never known. A little transparency goes a long way towards avoiding spite.
I already said in this thread that the nav meshes need to be redone. Just because we used an auto-generated one before doesn't mean anything. The bots will get stuck and people will not fill up the server in the morning because a 12v12 became a 1v12.

And the AFK bot waypoints aren't even done yet so afk players we send to seed the server will just stack up in spectate.

You are not aware of how important it is and how much effort is spent to make sure the server fills up in the morning.

hep

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Well the map is on the server now. So we can finally stop complaining about it.

PoomBa

Uncharitable Spy
I already said in this thread that the nav meshes need to be redone. Just because we used an auto-generated one before doesn't mean anything. The bots will get stuck and people will not fill up the server in the morning because a 12v12 became a 1v12.

And the AFK bot waypoints aren't even done yet so afk players we send to seed the server will just stack up in spectate.

You are not aware of how important it is and how much effort is spent to make sure the server fills up in the morning.
Booty Danke !