Oosik

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Changing my -1 to a +1 now if this many people ask for the map and it's not getting put in I fear for the future.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: porkchop and PoomBa

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
This is very disappointing.

@Bottiger Would you please reconsider? Pretty please? You have a lot of dedicated customers (donators) who pay to play Payload US and we really really would love to see a new map or two.

Just for sake of understanding, what work is required to install a new map? Poomba has done this on his server and claimed it took just a few minutes....
I like this map, but never played it I can confirm that it took minutes to simply put a map on dedicated server by downloading map and bziping2 it on fastdownload and put it on tf/maps on the dedicated server, However, this suggestion has a lot of votes but bottiger yet doesn't want add it
it's because of """unpopular policy""" just like other DR suggestions that don't get added.

We can try and to see if this map is good or not, then consider it to remove it.
It has a lot of supports.

"also it isn't as easy as downloading the map, I also have to go through the entire map to make sure the autogenerated nav mesh doesn't have any spots where bots can get stuck, then I need to make seperate waypoints for the afk system. if I don't do that then the servers won't fill in the morning, especially weaker servers like payload NY"
???
Do we look like we give a shit about afk bots???? Just edit skial afk manager plugin so they can go to spectate while if theyre afk so they can go back when they aren't afk anymore

I think this would be a good way of handling this
  • Keep the current map pools since they are the top maps.
  • Add maps that get voted on like the map in this thread, even if they were in the pool before.
  • After a couple of months, check the statistics of the new map: how often is it voted on/played in-game
  • If it’s not doing well, remove it from the pool. But be transparent about the stats and the decision.
  • Don’t add too many new maps at once. Just one at a time, so people can get used to them, enjoy it and want to play it more often.
^^^

hug sports

Contributor
I think this would be a good way of handling this
  • Keep the current map pools since they are the top maps.
  • Add maps that get voted on like the map in this thread, even if they were in the pool before.
  • After a couple of months, check the statistics of the new map: how often is it voted on/played in-game
  • If it’s not doing well, remove it from the pool. But be transparent about the stats and the decision.
  • Don’t add too many new maps at once. Just one at a time, so people can get used to them, enjoy it and want to play it more often.
I agree that this is a great solution. Just add 1 new map, that's all.

I like this map, but never played it I can confirm that it took minutes to simply put a map on dedicated server by downloading map and bziping2 it on fastdownload and put it on tf/maps on the dedicated server, However, this suggestion has a lot of votes but bottiger yet doesn't want add it
it's because of """unpopular policy""" just like other DR suggestions that don't get added.

We can try and to see if this map is good or not, then consider it to remove it.
It has a lot of supports.

???
Do we look like we give a shit about afk bots???? Just edit skial afk manager plugin so they can go to spectate while if theyre afk so they can go back when they aren't afk anymore

^^^

Honestly these points aren't even necessary because skial already has the afk nav meshes for cashworks because it was a map that was on the server previously. There is no additional work that needs to be done.

Reactions: PoomBa and Sore

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Collective attitude is more than enough to tell me, don't need to waste my and your time spelling it out, I already know you don't care. But, to word it in your own style so you may understand.

Do I look like I give a shit about cashworks????

• Haha
Reactions: Sore

hep

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Well I hope we're not being denied getting a heavily requested map added to the rotation just because one (or two or whatever) person(s) decides to be a jerk about it.

hep

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Is there anything any of us can do to help? Like is there a way we can make a new AFK bot navmesh for you so it can be added? Anything at all?

hug sports

Contributor
Is there anything any of us can do to help? Like is there a way we can make a new AFK bot navmesh for you so it can be added? Anything at all?
The nav meshes already exist for cashworks, since it was a previous map on the server a few years ago. No significant work needs to be done to add this.

Reactions: hep and PoomBa

hug sports

Contributor
Summer 2023!
  • Featuring 14 new community maps: Sharkbay, Rotunda, Phoenix, Cashworks, Venice, Reckoner, Sulfur, Hardwood, Pelican Peak, Selbyen, VSH Tiny Rock, VSH Distillery, VSH Skirmish, and VSH Nucleus
Hooray and rejoice! Summer update and cashworks is now a community map part of the game. Let's get rid of frostcliff and add new fresh summer maps.

Presto

Uncharitable Spy
1689198167808.png

Cashworks is in game now so... might boost the chance of this being added